NameSilo

Are you .IN or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mole

Insectivora MemberEstablished Member
Impact
This thread is for seasoned ccTLD battlehards.

On Tuesday February 15th, .IN goes live for real-time open registrations. Will you be participating, and if so, why? Will it be more money burnt in the spirit of speculation like .CN, or will it be a good investment?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
taheny said:
I believe the international access code for the Republic of Texas is 00, so you dial 00 49 6332-791861.

Yes, I've also pre-reg'ed names with DD24 as well. If DD24 can't reg any names then it is not worth it...if they can, brilliant!

I doubled check with Verizon long distance and it's ...

011 - 49 - 6332 79 18 61

It went through! :blink:

Good luck to all!

Lyte

•••
wot said:
Yes, the silent auction system is wide open to abuse, from inside and outside of registrars using this system.

It reeks of a scandal waiting to happen.

Let's monitor the Directi auctions. I'm almost certain this will happen. Make hay while the sun shines...

I only pre-registered one to test the waters, may zoom in and register a few more on opening bell.

•••
"...here is the list of accredited registrars from www.inregistry.in... "

Hmm... so does this mean that DD24 is not able to snag a .in for me?? I didn't find their name on the approved list. :(

Lyte

•••
mole said:
Let's monitor the Directi auctions. I'm almost certain this will happen. Make hay while the sun shines...

I only pre-registered one to test the waters, may zoom in and register a few more on opening bell.

I have done exactly the same thing with a couple of real premium names, can't wait to check the whois when I fail to get them- cynical eh! :bah:

•••
It seems that the pre-regs with Directi require two year minimums -- so $36/name.

•••
As a pre-release appetiser, here is an article to help time pass.
Domain squatters threat to '.in'.

As per industry estimates, over 50,000 advance booking requests for registration have been made with these registrars already. Though most of these bookings would be genuine, industry experts feel that a significant number of requests would also belong to what is popularly referred to as 'cyber squatting' and 'generic domain grabbing'.

I bet nobody here 'generic name grabs'. :bah:

•••
How long more till the bell bings?

•••
Midnight in India is in 3&1/2 hours time

mole said:
How long more till the bell bings?

•••
taheny said:
Midnight in India is in 3&1/2 hours time

Wow, that's not long !

•••
its 10.21 PM here. Jaipur.India

•••
Sure that it begins on midnight indian time ?

Give me a link with this information please

Thank you

•••
I have not heard a definitive time. I'd also love to know when open registration begins. I don't want to stay up all night waiting.

Anyone?

Freakfer said:
Sure that it begins on midnight indian time ?

Give me a link with this information please

Thank you

•••
The newsletter from internetx.de (German Provider wrote) 6:30 UTC thats why I`m confused with midnight ...

Regards

•••
I guess 6:30 UTC (12 midday, Indian time) is it, then. A midday starting time makes much more sense for Indians than a midnight one.

Freakfer said:
The newsletter from internetx.de (German Provider wrote) 6:30 UTC thats why I`m confused with midnight ...

Regards

•••
Hm

it seems that the names from the sunrise are in the whois
sms.in ; gold.in, google.in but all are registered by the registrar ?

regards..

•••
•••
i will buy for dev if name is good..but i think selling is difficult except among domaineers;)

•••
Looking like bad news for DD24 pre regs, all my pre regs have disappeared from my account and .in .co.in are no longer available on the site- tld not supported.

And they have my money!! A little worrying as they have not indicated any problems on their home page.

•••
wot said:
Looking like bad news for DD24 pre regs, all my pre regs have disappeared from my account and .in .co.in are no longer available on the site- tld not supported.

And they have my money!! A little worrying as they have not indicated any problems on their home page.

Check "my domains" in your account...probably they are all listed there....not that they've been successfully regged yet!!

•••
Dear Reseller,

This email contains the details of the process that we will be following for registering .IN Domain Names for your customers when the Registry goes live at 12:00 PM IST (06:30 GMT/UTC) on 16th Feb 2005.

Our registration processes are optimized to ensure that your customer maximizes his/her change of getting the .IN domain names that he/she has applied for.

Registration Process:

Our domain name registration scripts will be started well before the Registry Opens up. The scripts will automatically detect that the registry has started accepting registrations and will start processing applications through multiple connections. The scripts have gone through a number of tests and have been highly optimized to complete each registration in the minimum time possible. We have adequate redundant infrastructure setup at different data centers to ensure that we get connectivity even if a server or a whole datacenter is affected.

All domains will be initially registered with the contact details given below:

Note:

We will not be using the details provided by your customers during the registration process. This is primarily because registration of each new contact at the registry takes 'x' seconds. By registering all domain names under a single temporary holding contact, we are significantly improving the speed of each registration as we are saving these 'x' seconds per domain name. This will dramatically improve the chance of your customer getting his/her domain name as all domains registered through us will be registered at a faster speed as compared to registrars who have not optimized their registration process and will register each contact and then register the domain name.

The holding account is also used for domains for which we have received multiple applications. More information on processes followed by us for domain names for which we have received multiple applications is given below in this email.

Temporary Holding Account Details:

Name: .IN Temporary Holding Account
Organization: MyOrderBox
Street1: 102 Osia Friendship, Andheri
Street2: This is a Temporary Holding Account
Street3: Actual Contact details will be updated by 25th Feb
City: Mumbai
Postal Code: 400058
Phone: +91.2230957693
FAX: +91.2230957693
Email: [email protected]
Name Server: earth.orderbox-dns.com
Name Server: mars.orderbox-dns.com
Name Server: mercury.orderbox-dns.com
Name Server: venus.orderbox-dns.com

If the above contact details are seen in the whois for a domain name for which your customer has put in a pre-registration application - it means that this domain name has been registered successfully and shall be transferred to your customer by 25th Feb if he/she is the only applicant for this domain name with us as a Registrar. In case of multiple applicants please refer to "Process followed for Domains that have Multiple Applicants"

All domains will be registered for 1 Year at the time the pre-registration scripts are running using the temporary contact information. These domain names will then be renewed for the time period purchased by the customer. This renewal action will be completed at the time we change the temporary contact information to the contact information of the customer who is allotted the domain name. This means that - when your customer gets a confirmation email (by 25th Feb) with the details on how he/she can manage his/her domain name, their domain would have already been renewed for the time period that was specified by such customer.

Registering all domain names for 1 year means that we don't have to run an extra check to figure out the number of years each domain is to be registered for, while the pre-registration scripts are running. This further reduces the time taken for each registration.

Once the pre-registration process is complete, we will start Live Registrations for all .IN Domain Names.

All domain names that are successfully registered by our automated scripts will be stuffed into our domain management systems by 25th Feb. You and your customers can start managing these domain names once the stuffing process has been completed.
Process followed for Domains that have Multiple Applicants IMPORTANT!:

In case we successfully register a domain for which we have received multiple applications - as announced earlier on, we were going to allot domains using a silent auction.

However, a few hours ago we have received a notification from the .IN Domain Registry (Advisory No. LA 01) stating that .IN domain registrars cannot auction or sell .IN domains at prices higher than they usually charge from their customers. We have not been able to get in touch with the people at the registry to get clarifications on this notification and hence we do not know if we are allowed to carry on with the auction process that we had announced earlier on.

We will be getting some clarifications from the registry, and updating you and your customers by 17th Feb with details of the process that we would follow for domain names registered through us where we have received multiple applications.

Funds Unlocking:

If we do not succeed in registering a domain name for which your customer has put a pre-registration request or allot this domain name to some other customer, then we will be unlocking your reseller funds for such domain names. All unlocking will be completed in less than 2 weeks. We will try to complete this process earlier if possible.

Refunds to Customers:

If the domain is not registered or not allotted to your customer, our system will automatically credit your customer's advance account with the FULL amount that he/she has paid for such unregistered domain name. All refunds will be credited to your customer's advance account in less than 2 weeks after the registry goes live i.e. after 16th Feb 2005. The system can handle this refund process ONLY if you have used our invoicing system i.e. if you have canceled the invoices and execute the order, then our system will not be able to determine the amount that needs to be refunded to your customer, and you will have to handle this manually at your end.

Warm Regards

DirectI Tech Support

•••
Where exactly can I buy one of these. Someone list a URL

•••
•••
•••
Lyte said:
"...here is the list of accredited registrars from www.inregistry.in... "

Hmm... so does this mean that DD24 is not able to snag a .in for me?? I didn't find their name on the approved list. :(

Lyte

DD24 is accredited and now on the updated list (under thier corporate name,Key Systems).This is getting exciting! Only 50 minutes or so (I think) until the launch.It's gonna be a late night for me here in NY,I'm not going to bed until I have some premium .IN sitting in my account!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back