NameSilo

Are you able to sell .Science domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I got some .science domains.

I am wondering how i can sell the .science domains? Any idea?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold one back in April. They contacted me through the WHOIS info.

•••
I sold one back in April. They contacted me through the WHOIS info.

Would you report it please? There are only four known .science transaction as of today.

Thank you.

•••
I got some .science domains.

I am wondering how i can sell the .science domains? Any idea?

Why the hell would you buy domains if you don't know how or where to sell them. Geesh there's a domains for sale section of the forum!!!! Have you tried there?

•••
Why the hell would you buy domains if you don't know how or where to sell them. Geesh there's a domains for sale section of the forum!!!! Have you tried there?

Yes already tried.

•••
Maybe it's not a good domain!!! Not trying to knock your domain, but....we all have domains we've tried to sell that don't sell.

•••
I don't think a lot of .science have sold so far, and the same statement applies to the other newly-released TLDs as well.
What did you expect ?
It's already hard enough to sell .com...

I see 3 possibilities:
  1. if you have the faith, renew them and wait
  2. if you are questioning your purchases let them drop
  3. develop them

•••
Generally, there are some things going against science:

1. only few words + science in dot com would be great, like the names of actual sciences. That is why you see only few word+science dot com sales every year and most of them are low $xxx. Word.science is a mere hack for word+science.com and has even less value.
2. While scientific projects get billions every year in funding, they are normally internal part of a company and/or organization and don't need to self promote separately or they have not for profit mentality without marketing and sales guys focused on attracting traffic, optimizing, brands, domains etc.
3. It is already too long with 7 letters to the right of the dot.

•••
I don't think a lot of .science have sold so far, and the same statement applies to the other newly-released TLDs as well.
What did you expect ?
It's already hard enough to sell .com...

I see 3 possibilities:
  1. if you have the faith, renew them and wait
  2. if you are questioning your purchases let them drop
  3. develop them

.Science is very low in the global new gTLD league table. There must be a reason for this. The key is probably is that this zone name is not one of the top keywords, hence the low use, low exposure, low traction. Over years it may become better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back