NameSilo

ARE SEDO SALES DECLINING COMPARED TO OTHERS?

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Haroon Basha, Jul 13, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM Gold Account VIP

Usually I used to have constant sales from Sedo, but for the last six months, I have not received even a single enquiry or sale. In fact I have added more domain names than before. I would like to know if others are also facing the same decline in their sales or it is just me. Are domain names Sales at Sedo declining compared to other marketplaces, like Afternic? Please share your thoughts.
    Thank you.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. gotasale

gotasale Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

According to dnjournal most or almost all big sales are still at sedo

3. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The domains sell where they are parked.
    Regardless of where they are listed, except AfternicDLS (if you want GoDaddy buyers).

4. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Member VIP

Seems GD is very active every day. I also see namejet in decline.

5. Jurgen Wolf

And overall, summer is always weak season, especially July.

6. Jurgen Wolf

Because GD/Afternic doesn't report anything, their feed is not distributed.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  7. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

This is very true. Which also means if they are parked in a bad place, you get few or no sales, no matter where else you are listing them.

8. emile123

emile123 Upgraded Member Gold Account

I switched most of my domains away from the Sedo and Afternic to Dan.com
    Dan.com is more focussed on actually selling your domain, while sedo.com just shows an old-style looking parking page when you change your nameservers to theirs. The parking page at sedo is worthless to my opinion; it simply doesnt pay out well, and it looks very oldfashioned.
    So instead of sedo i rather have a better looking sales landing page like at dan.com. Besides that, you pay less commission at dan.com when you sell a domain.

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP

Yes, no doubt tons of big sales still happening at Sedo. However it is important to realize that Afternic, DAN/Undeveloped, Efty sites, and most private sales are not reported to NameBio, so it is tough to make a real comparison. The brandable places don't report individual sales, but considering the general sales reports from BrandBucket seem to be suggesting a good sell through and average price for brandable names.
    Bob

ps Does anyone know (maybe @Macit will answer) if a domain name is for sale at multiple places (let's say a BIN at DAN and offer at Afternic and Sedo) how does Dofo decide which one is listed on the purchase link at Dofo? I think as more and more end users use Dofo this may well have a significant impact on sales at different venues.

10. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM Gold Account VIP

I totally agree with you. DAN.com (Previously Undeveloped.com) is doing great and in fact increasing the sales. I am able to sell more domain names here than Sedo.com.

11. Josytal

Josytal Top Member VIP

Maybe it's your sales declining and not Sedo's?
    Over-reliance on marketplaces you can't influence may not always be in your best interest.
    The most productive scenario is to setup your own marketplace/portfolio with lander and direct potential buyers to other 22 marketplaces from one single POS (point of sale). See my signature.

12. mani0307

mani0307 Top Member VIP

godaddy very active but on godaddy mostly low ball offers.

13. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

Which is making Namebio less relevant every day. It was good for a while to research sales trends, but I think every serious domainer here can find many of their sales do not show up on that site. God knows how many sales are made that we do not see, but it is probably the majority of them.

14. mani0307

mani0307 Top Member VIP

Last month i received $300 offer on my Feeel // dot // org on godaddy but i rejected and countered but potential buyer still silent

15. DomainGuy86

DomainGuy86 Established Member

I market my domains via Twitter and I'm not too keen on Sedo's spammy lander pages. Is there no way to turn related links completely off?

They put a little url to the offer page, but my analytics shows that's most likely where I'm getting drop off's.

I prefer Dan.com's landers but Sedo, imo, has a larger network.

16. fatter

fatter Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

AT sedo
    I picked "Sales Crush" under the page layout link and like it much better than standard layout for sales link I will PM you a name to look at and see if you like the layout
    Joe T

17. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP

I respectfully disagree (at least about the less relevant)! While it would be wonderful to have a resource that includes all sales, and one must always keep in mind which venues do and do not report and the biases that introduces, NameBio with 1.6 million sales covering $1.8 billion dollars in a free and easily and powerfully searched database is a resource that is as relevant as always. It is a sample of the entire universe of sales, just as a public opinion poll is a sample of everyone in a population. Not a totally randomized sample, but for many purposes sufficiently representative. It is a much bigger sample than any of us personally have, obviously.
    Bob

18. emile123

I agree, sedo lander pages are no good.
    It would be better to have an option to use a normal sales page (without ads) instead of the current lander page.

19. namemarket

namemarket Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I am sure Namebio has significant value however I personally know of an almost $1,500 dot-best domain public sale 3-months ago via a well known venue which has never showed up anywhere as far as I know.

20. emile123

And which well known venue was that? :)

21. namemarket

namemarket Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Since I was involved in that transaction I prefer to not publish any information myself. We should be able to rely on places like dnjournal, namebio and others to do the reporting.

P.S. It was not godaddy, sedo or afternic.

22. Jurgen Wolf

Afternic doesn't report anything a few years already.

23. Jurgen Wolf

If you see some mentions of Afternic at DNJ - it means that those sales were reported by domainers individually.

24. Jurgen Wolf

Regarding Sedo VS Undeveloped parking...
    The only one difference from my own experience - significantly more fake bidders (non-payers) at Undeveloped.

25. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If it was public as you said, why would you not point out the venue? Your words, "$1,500 dot-best domain public sale"

No one can complain about a website like the one @Michael provides if they are not willing to help. I have sent Michael hundreds of names over the years that I found and also update him when I see a sale listed that didn't happen like, DunderMifflin.com, CrowdedHouse.com, ShopeeMall.com and about a hundred more.

But if someone says I am not willing to help why should anyone else?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!