IT.COM

Sedo Sales Lander/Hosting Issues?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It seems that every day Sedo has problems with their hosting and/or sales lander loading, and I have a selection of domains (mine and others) that I check here and there just to see if there is an issue, and a lot of times I get a "connection was reset" error or a long Cloudflare DDoS check even if they're resolving.

Today, everything I try has been totally dead all morning.

Anyone else have issues with their domains using the Sedo nameservers + sales landers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All the domains using the Sedo nameservers + landers are still dead, which is a bit weird.

I also noticed that Avast is again flagging Sedo parking nameservers as a threat due to URL:Phishing, and I really wish Sedo had two separate nameservers, one for Parking and the other for Sales Landers.

Last edited:
•••
I keep one resolving there just to test out things at that end if i want to. Its resolving.
Their traffic stats are rediculous funny so thats why i would never use their landers
@Sedo

•••
@Sedo
Your parking and landing pages are once again being flagged by Avast and AVG as containing "URL Phishing" and their web shields are stopping all traffic.

A domain investor using Sedo sales landers we should be able to input different nameservers than ns#.sedoparking.com, so that a few dodgy parking ads don't continue to take down entire portfolios.

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo
The AV web blockage seems to have ended, at least for now, but this is really turning into a regular occurrence.

•••
Hi DomainRecap

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry to read you have been experiencing issues. I have spoken to our Tech Team and they have confirmed that we experienced a marketplace outage on 9th November, the same day of your post which lasted for about 30 minutes, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. Ssubsequently on Tuesday 10th the marketplace underwent maintenance resulting in a downtime of less than 1 hour. But other than that there has been no downtime. Our Tech Team checked the parking calls for multiply domains with the sales lander settings but they all worked correctly and they could not reproduce any issues.

If you are continuing to have issues then please can you email [email protected] from the email address registered with your Sedo account. Please include as much information as possible about your issues such as the affected domains and date/time of the downtime you had, we can then investigate and get our Tech Team to look into this for you in more detail.

All the best

Chris

•••
Thanks for the note, but although there are definite outages on your end, the most common issue conitnues to be anti-virus programs like Avast, AVG, and others flagging SEDOPARKING.COM as hosting "URL Phishing" (or similar), which is likely due to a dodgy ad sneaking in.

This entirely blocks all sites hosted at SEDOPARKING.COM on the computers that use these anti-virus programs, and it's especially punishing for those (like me) who simply forward to a Sales Lander without ads. Guilt by association, I guess.

Your team needs to be monitoring each AV environment, and when a Sedo blacklist happens, contact said anti-virus site/forum with a request to whitelist SEDOPARKING.COM. A potential future strategy is to create a secondary set of nameservers such as SEDOLANDERS.COM for those who will always use landers 100% of the time and will only forward to landers - those who want to switch back and forth between Parking and Landers can still use SEDOPARKING.COM.

I propose this because the anti-virus blockages are becoming more and more common, and are taking longer to solve (the last time you guys were offline on AV user systems for 3-4 days). thus making Sedo a very risky and unstable venue to use sales landers under your parking-based hosting system.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back