NameSilo

Are random 4L .com domains worth anything?

Labeled as question in "Short" Domain Discussion started by Jetheat, Sep 9, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. ak1985

ak1985 Established Member

I notice that random 4L .com (not 4 characters) domains have some value. People are willing to pay around 100$ to 150$ for them here on namepros.
    But do the random 4L .net and .org domains have some value? can they sell for at least 40$ to 50$? That's the question i have.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NameDeck

NameDeck Design. Develop. Deploy. VIP

Unless they're pronounceable those are a real gamble. I wouldn't advise anybody to explore this option if you're looking to sell within a short timeframe.

3. ak1985

ak1985 Established Member

So random 4L .com's have value and can sell well and in short time but random 4L .net's and .org's are difficult to sell and can be avoided. Only those 4L .net's and .org's have some value which are pronounceable and have some meaning or short form of something. That's what we can conclude?

4. DnameAgame

DnameAgame Check out the new BrandPlease.com Gold Account

Just need to be careful when you are thinking in very general terms. Value, conclude, & random are very dangerous words when used so generally. I wouldn't say run out and get random 4l just because it's .com - yeah there is a bit of liquidity - but you could start much easier.... That said - check out this post on 4L (and short names): Short Domain Buyer handbook.

5. MapleDots

MapleDots Account Auto-Closed

There are some exception, for instance when something looks good together and can be used as a brandable.

For instance

K1D.com (one of mine but a 3 letter)

Can stand for #1 Kid

Apply that to a four letter number combination that could somehow be used as a brandable or similar.

example 9HOL

As biggie said, a lot of them are worthless but if you hunt you can find the odd gem.

6. NameDeck

NameDeck Design. Develop. Deploy. VIP

That pretty much sums it up yes. Everything else is just a gamble and they have no liquid value as of now.

Will this change in the future? Who knows.

7. Altoz

Altoz Established Member

Wow, it didn't sell? I can't believe it.... I would take them in a flash ;)

8. poweredbyme

poweredbyme Democrat.win VIP

JS is javascript.
    Javascript file names end with dot js.
    Click CTRL + U on your browser while reading this post. Then click CTRL + F in the new window and search for ".js" or only "js". You will see how many javascript files this page has. If you do the same on other websites, you will see almost all websites you will visit have at least 1 javascript file.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice