question Are Geo Domains Valuable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dylanc

Account Closed
Impact
Are geo domains valuable? Especially those with word + city/country

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NewYorkCity com = I reckon so :)

•••
Well, that account was closed quick, lol

•••
any thing GEO + RealEstate and reverse is GOLD.

just check namebio for keyword real estate. guaranteed it's all geo's combo with real estate.

•••
damn! I did not even get to reply!

•••
Ciudaddevaticano/com (Spanish) Vatican City
Statuscivitatisvaticanae/com (Latin) Vatican City State
Elvaticano/mx (spanish) The Vatican

•••
•••
Some are just for keeping close, imo. I get some very very! good offers, sometimes.

Last edited:
•••
The biggest cities are the most valuable.

•••
Yeah still valuable.........

•••
yes its more valuable in some of use like travel and education purpose things.

•••
(AP) Geodomain case 1681cv03445 geo domains geodomains geo domain case law precedents precedent.

Follow the case at MassCourts.org (if you need to enter a capture code make the first letter lower cse) Select Superior Middlesex County enter CBNO.

•••
Yes, I personally like them.

I wrote a post on this recently. You can read it here.

The comment section has a lot of different opinions also.

-Omar

•••
As a follow-up here I wanted to update namePros community that we just successfully requested the clerk to enter a default per Rule 55A on 4 of the seven defendants. Follow the case at MassCourts.org Superior Middlesex Company CBNO. This is the most important case in geographical domain name history.

•••
Quick update: Our right to a damages hearing 55(B) was circumvented by fraudulent paperwork submitted to the Lowell MA Superior Court by opposing counsel KSS. The Judge that had to rule on bad information he had to go on was John T Lu Aka Jack T Lu.

This case (#1681cv03445) now has the Honorable Judge Kathe Misch Tuttman presiding.

Please see MassCourts.org Superior Court Middlesex County Business CBNO

•••
GenevaSwitzerland / ch
DavosSwitzerland /ch
Swissalps /xyz
FrenchRiviera /ch
Davos /io

•••
I wrote a post on this recently.

Nice post...I have a few geos and although hard to move sometimes, they are some of my favs.

btw...just got an offer of 500 for SeattleFarmersMarket dot com and quickly turned it down!

•••
Nice post...I have a few geos and although hard to move sometimes, they are some of my favs.

btw...just got an offer of 500 for SeattleFarmersMarket dot com and quickly turned it down!
I would have accepted such

•••

Thanks for checking out the post!

Nice, that's a fair offer. Did you counter?

-Omar

•••
Nice, that's a fair offer. Did you counter?

I did...waiting on a reply...thoughts are they will top out at 8 or 9...I'll hang on to it if that is far as they go. Lots of song and dance about 'doing it for the community' (they, not I) but a check of their info indicates a reseller...not opposed to that, but prior sales show it is more valuable than 9...I will post once sold or negotiations cease.

•••
I would have accepted such

SeattleFarmersMarket.com is a good name. $500 is not a bad price.

I bid on LocalFarmersMarket.com on godaddy auction few years ago. Had the winning bid of $253, however, it got snatched away before I could take possession.

I do own LocallySown.com which is a play on Locally Grown. I plan to develop it.

Last edited:
•••
I have geo domain service, I do outbound, but I got a few response and say no ! but I do believe it will depend on keyowrds domain! especially for geo that have huge population, such as texas ny, LA and etc! because geo domain, are freindly seo and easy to optimize, and most seo will prefer geo domain to get easy rangking!

so basically yes, geo domain have their own value! though if you asking how much, it will depend on how many ppl that have interest, but the best bet is by look from population!

•••
I tried some very specific geo domains a while back and direct marketed by phone. Every potential buyers was eons away from development and couldn't see the value in getting them.
tired of re regging domains for people too short sighted to get going.
Also the people with the best fit for the name were too dim to apprehend the value.

•••
I tried some very specific geo domains a while back and direct marketed by phone. Every potential buyers was eons away from development and couldn't see the value in getting them.
tired of re regging domains for people too short sighted to get going.
Also the people with the best fit for the name were too dim to apprehend the value.

Yeah, that's a frustrating part of the process. Dealing with prospects who don't see the value in owning a name usually because they don't even own a website to begin with. That's why one of the most important things I look for before I buy a name is to make sure there are already established websites out there for whatever niche I am targeting.

•••
I have geo domain service, I do outbound, but I got a few response and say no ! but I do believe it will depend on keyowrds domain! especially for geo that have huge population, such as texas ny, LA and etc! because geo domain, are freindly seo and easy to optimize, and most seo will prefer geo domain to get easy rangking!

so basically yes, geo domain have their own value! though if you asking how much, it will depend on how many ppl that have interest, but the best bet is by look from population!

Can you elaborate mr Harrist on the usefulness of a good domain to seo? You can use a geo example to keep in line with this thread I'm sorta hijacking.

Would like to fine tune my salespitch in explaining why a good keyword domain is good for SEO.

I never could explain it and sound legit.

The extent or furthest I ever go is " buy this domain. Perfect for SEO!"

Like what the hell does that even mean? I was asked by some exec I got on the phone with.
looked like a total idiot! Lol

•••
Back