Dynadot

Are four letter domains worth lots

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
are four letter domains worth quite a bit to, just like three letter domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most 4 letter domain names arent worth much at all, if you think about it, most 4 letter combinations are just useless, no acronymns or anything

A 4 letter acronym would be worth more than just random 4 letters
A 4 letter word is usually worth more than the 4 letter acronym

If you were to strike gold with a domain name that is all one letter, EG: EEEE.com, that would be worth serious money.

The presence of 'Q', 'X', 'J' 'Z' and other letters can bring the price down aswell

It all depends on the letters rather than the fact that they are 4 letters in the real market.

I would not say that 4 letter domains are in the same league as the 3, 2 & 1 letter domains.

- Jiblob :imho:

Last edited:
•••
4 letters

I think so,

Have quite a few and have sold 2 ( unsolicitated) for a few hundred bucks.. Just have to wait for the right company or interested party... 4 letters is easier to type (especially if a .com) rather thatn 3 or 4 words that can easily have typos..

Hang on to em' , its like having a rebate for a major appliance and forgetting about it, then poof, in the mail comes a decent check! :blink:

Well, that's my take on it anyways,,

%%- Good Luck

•••
I own dolx.com, and geyt.com, I think they are worth acouple hundred right now, but Im holding onto them right now.

•••
I echo Jiblob's comments above. 4-letter .coms don't have the same intrinsic value as 3-letter names, but the good ones can be quite valuable. The key here is a pronouncable name with good letters and can be branded well. You'll find a lot of companies willing to pay for these types of names but don't expect a random 4-letter name to garner much worth.

•••
defently good combinations of 4 letters are worth alot, but there is alot of bad, worthless combinations also.

•••
Yeah.. i say hang onto 'em. I use to own OEMM.com and I let it drop.. What a dumba$$.
Original Equipment Manufacturer .. microsoft, management, market, etc..
It wasn't the greatest 4 letter, but I shoulda kept it.

•••
Have clear meaning 4 letters names should have a good value!
Easy to pronounce 4 letters name are also good!

I have DNJP.com for domain name japan business!

•••
About 90% of the possible four letter (.com) domains are owned. I expect the remaining 10% to be bought out in the next 3 years. (Possibly this year) I also expect the 4 letter domains to be very hard to get under $40 a year after they run out. Therefore, I say that buying 4 letter domain right before they run out will be a great investment. The problem is that nobody really knows when that will be.

At the moment, I am running at a profit from buying and selling unregistered four letter domains and I've been doing this for only 3 months and I have been selling to strangers. I have only been doing this on a small scale (~10 domains) There appears that there is a market due to their uniqueness, size and suitability for acronyms.

I try to sell them for less than $100 and so I recommend tdnam.com, ebay and domain forums to sell quicker and cheaper. Other people prefer to wait for, or promote enough to get the higher paying customers. Other people also use the domains. I think that the majority of 4 letter domains will not give much PPC income (3 letter domains will).

If you were thinking about registering 4 letter domains then I would recommend trying to find the better ones. Look for hundreds and pick out the best.

One thing about 4 letter domains is to not confuse them with 4 character domains(letters and numbers). There are around 450 thousand 4 letter domains while there are over 1 million 4 character domains. I don't have anything to do with 4 character domains but there probably is some good unregistered ones.

•••
wow, thanks for the help everyone, i appreciate it, and now im a bit smarter when it comes to the domain business, so thanks:)

•••
There is some decent discussion ot 4LLL beginning here: 4LLLL

•••
Just my pennies worth :p

I dont think they are worth much now unless a company wants them but as others have said, hold on to them because I feel they will be in the future. :lala: I only have 1, jolx.com. I have it parked at sedo and for some reason it gets a few looks each day :tri:

•••
simple answer to the subjec title: no
long answer: they are not worth allot becuase there are still some left and there are HEAPS more combonations than 3 letters :)

•••
It is not as much matter of supply and demand w/ 4LLL as it is quality, and if you are regging indiscriminately, just because the names are 4LLL.com, you are really rolling the dice.

There are always new acronyms popping up for new technology that are 4LLL. One way to drill down the search is to either find 4LLL that form acronyms or, more likely, predict a future acronym based upon research and a calculated guess.

Companies brand w/ 4LLL terms- sometimes they are the companies initials, other times, they are made up and/or suggestive of other words. ie, (off the top of my head), names like grfx, pixl, itex, plxy, vtek, wico, xyco, etcc.
Oh, and lest I forget, one of mine- TWKR com

26x26x26x26= almost a half millon possible combos -456,976 (a little less than half the total number of all .biz registrations), vs 17,576 possible 3LL combinations.

Some have very good potential, but the well is a large one.

Last edited:
•••
I have a 4 letter name which is currently undergoing Escrow process, US$2,500, don't know whether it is an exception but the name in it itself is not exceptional. The other 4 letter names I own such as Lyto.com, Fyfy.com, Rixt.com... at least get interesting parking clicks. You can find still nice, easy to pronounce 4 letter names, if you can invest in a few of them catch them, don't be late otherwise it will be too late.
Just my 2... crappy names !

•••
ok, thanks everyone now i get it, they will most likely be worth morre money in the future when most short domains are taken up

•••
No, i don't see them being worth more in the future.

If they mean something, are a nonsense neat-looking word, or an acronym, sure, of course. Although how many 4 letter acronyms are there really? Not all THAT many...

Just a regular 4 letter .com? No way. There will always be enough expiring and becoming available... there's nowhere near 90% regged as is. I wouldn't stick my life savings into 4 letter .com's... don't bother, hardly worth reg fee for the most part.

•••
Eh, the value for the majority of 4 L domains comes down to what a buyer is willing to pay. I've had several $XX,XXX sales of 4 letters because they were acronyms for company names... the highest was one that was a new division of a large company (i.e. when I got it, that company didn't exist). The lowest I've sold any 4 letter domain for this year has been $600.

•••
the highest was one that was a new division of a large company (i.e. when I got it, that company didn't exist).
Sharon, did you reg the name on sheer instinct or did you make an educated guess that worked out? In either case, a degree of luck is involved no matter how random or how drilled down the choices may be. There was a brief window when 3LL biz/us would drop and could be picked w/o a backorder. I was picking them up irregardless of the letters and had a couple that sold in the $xxxx's and never would have guessed the way the companies ended up using them.

•••
A four letter would be useful if its popular but if your not going to develop, etc dont buy it, it might mean the world to someone else!!

•••
some 4 numbers domains are worth more than some 4 letter domains because I read that in japanese numbers can be used to write out some stuff for example 621 is natsumi which means summer and is a female name I think.

•••
Well if they mean something, like 4 letter like their initials that may be expensive.

•••
Well if they mean something, like 4 letter like their initials that may be expensive.
A four letter would be useful if its popular but if your not going to develop, etc dont buy it, it might mean the world to someone else!!
ok, thanks everyone now i get it, they will most likely be worth morre money in the future when most short domains are taken up
wow, thanks for the help everyone, i appreciate it, and now im a bit smarter when it comes to the domain business, so thanks

Guys, let's try to put a bit more thought into our posts. It's not necessary to post a one line encapsulation of what has already been discussed- and one gratutous thank you per thread is enough. While I appreciate your enthusiasm, this kind of repetitive banter detracts from the thread and turns people off who otherwise, might have had something interesting to post. It also leaves the impression that there is some posting for NP$ going on, which isn't the case, is it?

•••
what you get nps for posting?? why?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back