Dynadot

Your opinions on LLLL domains that don't carry the .com extn

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Does anyone have any opinions on the worth of 4 letter domains in the .net, .org, .info, .biz name space?

We all know that LLLL.com's are no longer available to register... does this mean there may be more value in the future for pronouncable four letter domains with an alternate extension?

Plus:

Does anybody have any stats on how many LLLL domains of each extn are registered / available?

In what order would you rate the worth of LLLL domains - .net first etc?

Rich B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The percentage value of even net domains is so far below the value of the same name in .com that only the very best would be worth having - and those are likely long gone. You might find something in the drops, if you have a lot of tiime on your hands. Not worth the time / money IMHO.

•••
Around April, a namepros member did a scan and around 46% of llll.net were registered. At the same time ~92% of llll.com were registered. By those trends, there may be half registered now. ccc.net can be bought for reg fee now despite the fact that you can't get ccc.com for under $150 and the ccc.net ran out over 12 months ago. I would be very careful with other extensions but there are some good ones to get if you are selective enough.

c - number or letter

•••
I just registered a LLLL.org and LLLL.net. It is a (slightly obscure) dictionary word and the dot com and de are developed. The letters are premium and of course pronouncable so rebranding is also possible. (the dot com and dot de for instance have nothing in common subjectwise)
In this case I didn't think paying $5 dollar and a year registration was to much.

•••
Here is a 4 letter .org:

YHWH.org

It is the "unpronounceable" name of God, so most people would just think it is a string of 4 random letters. I also own YHWH.mobi

I also have a real 4 letter word .org, but I guess we are not talking about real words here: Holy.org

As for value, I don't see major value in random 4 letters at this point outside of .com (this may change). I don't even think the above words have a great value to others in .org

Marc

Last edited:
•••
OMG
npcomplete owns God. Twice.

Now that would be a UDRP case. No trademark but 6,000 years as a public figure.

•••
npcomplete said:
Here is a 4 letter .org:

YHWH.org

It is the "unpronounceable" name of God, so most people would just think it is a string of 4 random letters. I also own YHWH.mobi

I also have a real 4 letter word .org, but I guess we are not talking about real words here: Holy.org

As for value, I don't see major value in random 4 letters at this point outside of .com (this may change). I don't even think the above words have a great value to others in .org

Marc

Holy.org is a nice name!!

•••
I do think all four letter dictionary words in any extension are more than reg fee. Also cvcv of any extension will be more than reg fee in coming months once cvcv.com sales touch a minimum of xxxx. But already cvcv .info and .nets are gone. but cvcv.orgs are still available.

IMHO: for ".info"
4 letter Dictionary word even with obsure meaning : $30 minimum to $$$$$$
CVCV.info without q,z,x,y,w: minimum $15 now. can reach $150 within 6 months
cvcv.info with q,z,x,y,w minimum reg fee now can reach $20 within 6 months

cheers and regards

•••
Unless they are pronounceable words i would say they have a reg value.

•••
I made quick scan of some LLLL.net with only premium letters and noted that there are about only 20% only left. LLLL.net with only a,s,c,t,i,m,n,e,d,b,o - only 10% left. And this was one week ago. I took all that started with i+premiums, with e+premiums, ending with i with premiums and other good combinations :)

I think premium LLLL.net will be worth something in future.
Unfortunately hype in prices take place only after all same domains (LLLL.net) are taken. It's funny that all bad letters domains must be taken in order to make prices of premium domains worth what they worth. IMO obviously that imaginary tdta.net is better than imaginary yjq.net, or at least not much worse, but currently there is a huge price gap between them that will be eliminated soon.

•••
Thanks for the feedback everyone... Hindsight being a wonderful thing - I'm curious because a few years ago if I had known what I know now I would have stock piled 1000 premium LLLL.com's...

What i'm thinking now is - should I stock pile 1000 premium LLLL.net's or .info's etc because in 4-5 years they may be worth a fair wack?... Thoughts?

Rich :)

•••
rjs_essex said:
Thanks for the feedback everyone... Hindsight being a wonderful thing - I'm curious because a few years ago if I had known what I know now I would have stock piled 1000 premium LLLL.com's...

What i'm thinking now is - should I stock pile 1000 premium LLLL.net's or .info's etc because in 4-5 years they may be worth a fair wack?... Thoughts?

Rich :)

A bad LLL.com is still worth more than a premium LLL.net. Who knows what'll happen with 4 letters, but it's probably a safer bet to stockpile 1000 lesser quality LLLL.coms. You can still get them for ~$20.

•••
Ergo said:
LLLL.net with only a,s,c,t,i,m,n,e,d,b,o - only 10% left.
I finished up the same scan a day or so ago and found that it's now down to around 7%. A few I grabbed:

atnm.net - typo of ATM?
dnbo.net - domain name backorder
dnmb.net - domain name message board

I missed the boat as far as grabbing all-premium LLLL.coms goes, so I'm hoping to make up for it somewhat with the .nets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back