NameSilo

question ARE DROPPED DOMAIN NAMES WORTHY?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mycontrepipol

Established Member
Impact
Hello,
i wonder if there is any value buying any dropped domain names, if yes/no tell me why please. thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rarely you can find a valuable name between the dropped ones, but you have to be fast and experienced, because there are hundreds of people watching dropped lists everyday.

•••
Rarely you can find a valuable name between the dropped ones, but you have to be fast and experienced, because there are hundreds of people watching dropped lists everyday.
so if iam fast i can find some! thanks matrigaldo!

•••
It all depends on the demand for picked dropped domain - some get more than one backorder ( the best ones ) so virtually there is zero to none chance of you (hand) registering it before they are caught by one of the major backorder players - but if there are no backorders for given name you have a chance and there are plenty of nice .com domains dropping each day ( without any backorder placed ) you just need to act quickly once they become available. Good luck ;) .

•••
It all depends on the demand for picked dropped domain - some get more than one backorder ( the best ones ) so virtually there is zero to none chance of you (hand) registering it before they are caught by one of the major backorder players - but if there are no backorders for given name you have a chance and there are plenty of nice .com domains dropping each day ( without any backorder placed ) you just need to act quickly once they become available. Good luck ;) .
thanks fusionspy, i ask because i thought if a domain is dropped (and i saw some nice) its maybe because it is worthless. i even did the appraisal and i found that the domain is worth hundred bucks though i know it is not always a guarantee. thanks once more!

•••
Well 4 letter, numerics, generics, traffic domains, great stats domains, brandables, ... get dropped each day and that doesn't mean they are worthless - some of the previous owners forget / die / don't care / ,... million of owners so there are more scenarios as to why they drop as there are movies :) - if there were just worthless domains we wouldn't be here right ;)

•••
Well 4 letter, numerics, generics, traffic domains, great stats domains, brandables, ... get dropped each day and that doesn't mean they are worthless - some of the previous owners forget / die / don't care / ,... million of owners so there are more scenarios as to why they drop as there are movies :) - if there were just worthless domains we wouldn't be here right ;)
that's right fuisonspy

•••
Depends on the name + future really. But if you are new to domaining you are better off spending your time on other methods.

•••
Depends on the name + future really. But if you are new to domaining you are better off spending your time on other methods.
ok thanks vivaldi!

•••
Yes, dropped domains are worthy, since NameBright seems to be scooping every domain that i have dropped for some time, and then plastering an asking price of $3,250 on each one of them.

•••
My 2 cents...
Just check for trademark before Reg the dropped names..
Cheers!!

•••
Petsitters dot com was dropped and caught for $24,500 ...

•••
Personal Experience, bought a dropped domain name(.in) and sold it for 250 USD within 1 week.

•••
Personal Experience, bought a dropped domain name(.in) and sold it for 250 USD within 1 week.

Same here.. but price & extension is different..

Win-Btc.com @ $100 (0.21 BTC actually)

•••
killing copy

Last edited:
•••
It's a very big call for a noob to pick up anything worthwhile by hand-registering after it drops and isn't re-registered by a drop-catcher.

•••
It's not because it is dropping, think about the quality and future of the name, names drop for various reasons

•••
Yes, dropped domains are worthy, since NameBright seems to be scooping every domain that i have dropped for some time, and then plastering an asking price of $3,250 on each one of them.
whoa $3,250!!!

•••
alot of my names were hand reg, however a check at web.archive.org showed they were registered in the past. So they were dropped at one time and noone picked them up. Not all names show at web.archive.org so it doesnt have every site on file.
"search the name" at google in quotations can give you some history.
I dropped some names that were banned from adsense thanks to whypark few years ago too..

•••
But you aren't a noob, MomD.

•••

Same here.. but price & extension is different..

Win-Btc.com @ $100 (0.21 BTC actually)

Just checking if its possible to transfer domain out within a week. Because most registrars I have ask for 30~60 days lockin once domain has been registered / captured.

Coming to the topic, I feel there are many domains dropping each day and it might not be worthy for someone, but for someone else it might be worth some $$$. So best is to check overall details about the domain, its age, brandability and take a call. You can flip some domains for good profits.

•••
Just checking if its possible to transfer domain out within a week. Because most registrars I have ask for 30~60 days lockin once domain has been registered / captured.

I never transferred any domain that I sold.. I always Push domain in Buyer's account at same registrar (I tell him to create new account if he don't have already).. There is no lock in period for internal push (you can push domain from on account to another immediately after registration but within same registrar)..!!

•••
@Mr.Natwarlal Ok! I thought you were somehow managing to transfer the domain purchased out of the registrar :)

•••
@Mr.Natwarlal Ok! I thought you were somehow managing to transfer the domain purchased out of the registrar :)

As I said, I never ever transferred any domain from one registrar to another.. But in future if buyer want to do that I will simply give him transfer secret key and he may choose his favorite registrar and transfer domain using his own fund..!!

•••
China.info was dropped recently, and caught by someone. Does this name not worth at all? :)

Not every dropped name is a gem, or a trash either. All depends upon what they are.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back