Domain Empire

debate Are domainers unknowingly destroying domaining!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
Domaining from my research within the last 10 years has revealed that the influx of new domainers has seemingly destroyed domain values.

I say this because it seems they are selling domains at far lower prices than they should which leads to destroying values on other domains when this practice is done.

For example look at namebio 3d domain sales

The sales prices IMO are far below what they might have been even 2 years ago

I think too many newbie flippa domainers are flipping domains in quantity to get a fast buck but they were unwittingly destroying domain valued across the board by performing such sales practices!

Is it just me or do you see the same trend?

:P

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is well worth pointing out that the entire basis of this thread is seriously flawed, purely because domain prices are simply not falling, and the OP hasn't presented any contrary evidence. Sedo reveal their sales statistics quarterly, and the average sale price of a .com on Sedo is significantly higher in 2014/2015 than it was in,, say, 2012.

Last edited:
•••
are earthlings unknowingly destroying the earth?

yes, we are

imo...

•••
I think domains are appearring cheaper lately due to the quality of domains that are still available. All the best names are taken and in use. This means people are resorting to purchasing more generic and nonsensical domains that can't demand the higher prices of more focused domains.

On top of that some of the recent gTLD's are not as well known to the general public so cannot command as high prices.

Last edited:
•••
Well one things for sure I got your attention even as flawed as it seems!

Unkowingly Destroying the earth??? Say what ? Time for another doobie me thinks!

•••
some domain price are hike accidentally and some price going down don't know whats goin on with domain :(

•••
I do not think cheap flips de-value other domain sales. It is like any other equity there's penny stock and there's blue chip and they do not have the same value. There is day trading, short term trading and long term investing. Many forms of trading and equity.

i2i (investor to investor) :D sales are a large part of domain sales, I would say that most of the sales on flippa and sedo are i2i (do a semrush or spyfu search on adwords spending for flippa and sedo and you will understand)

I think that the new TLDs devalued the .com-s a bit but then again it opened up a whole new field to do business in, so in my opinion, its more of a matter of adapting to the new market and the emerging of new business models.

•••
I think that the new TLDs devalued the .com-s a bit but then again it opened up a whole new field to do business in, so in my opinion, its more of a matter of adapting to the new market and the emerging of new business models.

to further this ccTLDs are getting de valued by repeats such as .uk being introduced over the top of .co.uk

•••
Everyone has their own price point that they are happy to sell their domain for. Just because someone feels the price was "low" doesn't make a difference. It's a subjective statement.

If someone buys a name for $2.17. And later sells it for $500. It may seem low to some for instance but the seller made an incredible ROI. Sellers will sale whenever someone is willing to pay a fair amount to keep cashflow going, which makes sense.

-Omar

•••
Hello,

I have owned (and randomly sold) domains since 1997-98, but I started to focus on this about 2 years ago.

My strategy is to flip my "worst" domains + LLLL.coms (the latter are not bad, but easy to flip with a profit), just to get funds for building up and renewing the portfolio that I believe in. My goal is to within 2-3 years have a portfolio of no more than 750 strong names, that I will NOT try to flip, but to keep, waiting for good offers.

So I do the flipping game to build up and pay for my portfolio.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back