IT.COM

opinion Are Domain Investors Cybersquatters?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN Playbook

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you copy the article from another site and put on your site and post it here with your site link to promote your site?

Last edited:
•••
Did you copy the article from another site and put on your site and post it here with your site link to promote your site?

The answer is an emphatic NO. All content on the site is 100% original. Quotations are clearly indicated and linked to the source.

Last edited:
•••
•••
you little trouble maker you

•••
•••
You just said an article from a couple of years ago so I thought you copy from another site. So you are cool now because you are not article squatter.

•••
You just said an article from a couple of years ago so I thought you copy from another site. So you are cool now because you are not article squatter.

Indeed. The site is a few years old now. Hence the age of some of the articles. Thought that I would revive that article because of its relevance to the discussion in one of the panels in the upcoming NC session.

Last edited:
•••
You made the right point, domainers ensure the best economic allocation of names. It's a noble game

•••
Cybersquatter.us
I picked this up many moons ago because I didn't like the way that the term was used. Always negatively. I did NOT want my name or picture to be posted on someone's ill intentioned site list! Actually I just wanted the name - and the first reason given was merely a consideration.

•••
Cybersquatter is the dirtiest word in the domainer's vernacular. Unfortunately it is not clearly defined or understood by the general public. I am sure the majority of us have experienced the vitriol and knee jerk reaction from someone that wanted to register a domain we own and couldn't get it at reg price. And some in the business world are perpetuating those misdirected responses. That was the impetus for the article. It is good that NamesCon will address the issue, however, I fear they will be preaching to the choir and those that really need to hear it, won't.

•••
Back