IT.COM

information Play Hard to Get with Efty’s Ugliest Landing Pages.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Just got an email from Efty.......

"Efty's For-Sale landing pages are slick, modern-looking and mobile-first designed pages that load lightning-fast and optimized for the best visitor to lead conversion. You can even host them on your custom, SSL-secured, domain, with your own Live Chat.

However, some domain names, mainly the ultra-premium names in your portfolio, you just wish to HODL until that perfect end-user, with the matching budget, comes knocking.

And just like with finding a mating partner, making the chase harder will significantly increase a potential buyer’s desirability. Quite simply, immediately reciprocating another person’s interest may not be the smartest strategy for attracting the strongest offers for your top-tier domains.

So, without further ado, we’re pleased to introduce you to Readme.txt, Under Construction and Geocities. Our "hard to get" not-for-sale landing pages. "

https://blog.efty.com/2021/05/21/play-hard-to-get-with-eftys-ugliest-landing-pages

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Amazing innovation. I might try it on all the names that receive inquiries.

•••
Amazing innovation. I might try it on all the names that receive inquiries.
I thought it was quite clever - will be interesting to see how people get on with them and if they help with conversions, hopefully we hear about some success stories......

•••
Lol I don't even know how to respond.

•••
It is certainly an interesting approach. Who knows - it might actually work.

•••
Quite possibly the worst idea and landing pages ever. An insult to human intelligence. Time will tell.

Last edited:
•••
Crazily enough, things like this tend to work. One time, a client of mine put a full page ad in a magazine but had them print it upside-down. Conversions increased exponentially.

•••
Always good to see that there's still innovation in our industry :xf.wink:

Experienced buyers are using these same tactics as well. It may look like you're dealing with an individual buyer using an old ISP email address, while this is in fact an agency working to acquire the domain on behalf of their corporate customer.

•••
I think we already passed the April 1

•••
What a fun idea, well done! Thanks for the inspirational creativity!

•••
I actually think it its a great idea, for certain names.

Going to try on one of my short acronym names.

I think by trying out this lander, perhaps one, it gives the impression "competition coming" to other companies using same acronym and also allows them to ASK you if it's for sale, (WITHOUT SAYING FOR SALE BUY MY NAME). You may even get more money as with this lander you can portray you really do not want to sell as you are building out a project.

Time will tell.

Neat idea @Doron Vermaat thank you.

•••
You would be surprised how popular these themes have become. They are being used on many portfolios, especially with premium domains.

•••
Excellent!! I hope Dan does this too!

•••
You would be surprised how popular these themes have become. They are being used on many portfolios, especially with premium domains.

Not surprised at all, since this idea was ripped off of me from Clubhouse conversations.

I've been doing this for years, yet this 'innovation' pops up when discussing it in the domain rooms about landers.

Snakes in the grass.

Last edited:
•••
Not surprised at all, since this idea was ripped off of me from Clubhouse conversations.

I've been doing this for years, yet this 'innovation' pops up when discussing it in the domain rooms about landers.

Snakes in the grass.

It's not some original idea. I did it years ago myself, and for another example, check out something like school.com

Last edited:
•••
It's not some original idea. I did it years ago myself, and for another example, check out something like school.com

Yes, years ago. So the timing is funny when you start a landing page service and start on-boarding people then other platforms start 'coming up' with strategies you deploy. Their team sits there and listens, it's just crappy to see that real-world.

Oh well that's business. :)

Take no commissions with no monthly fees; let's see the innovation around that one.

Last edited:
•••
Oh I didn't know you have a landing page service (had never visited your site before).

Yeah, it's quite possible then (or maybe likely)... but competitors copying ideas is pretty common, but yeah, that would be very frustrating.

•••

I can ensure you, it was not. It simply was added because it was a popular request among users. There's nothing original about the idea and many pro investors have been doing this for years.

•••
I can ensure you, it was not. It simply was added because it was a popular request among users. There's nothing original about the idea and many pro investors have been doing this for years.

So you decided not to use a "pro investor" strategy for years, then suddenly out of the blue right when I was educating people behind the theory of "anti-lander" (ugly page) it was a popular request?

What's more strange, the timing or that out of your years of research you opted to leave out a converting strategy?

I like your service, and what you do. I just don't believe in coincidences.

Congratulations on diversifying your offerings. I wish you continued success.

All the best.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back