IT.COM

question Are Arabic Domains Garbage and do you have any?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I shortened the original thread title which was:

Are Arabic character and or Arabic word domains created using western characters garbage?

Just wanted to know since I did register some like last year. I really don't understand why Arabic Character domains and even Arabic word domains created using western characters (A,B,C,D,E-X,Y,Z) haven't really taken off since ICANN allowed IDN's? One would assume easily that anything "arabic" is Big money just because of the wealth in those countries. Why hasn't it been adopted in areas like Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates? I mean for a culture that takes pride in being "Strict" with it's rules and having so much pride in it's culture (rightly so because of it's rich history) why haven't they adopted the idea of using their language with Arabic characters in the domains they use for their businesses? I mean I understand that Saudi Arabia and the UAE basically want western businesses to come to UAE and Saudi Arabia. So it makes sense that they would want to make it easier for Westerners to easily find their websites since of course most Westerners don't read nor speak Arabic but still why not accompanying Arabic domain to match company domain?

I know there are other IDN's but I have a specific purpose for this thread so I'm leaving this as a separate thread and next will be the Chinese IDN version of this thread.

So let's hear all your comments, opinions from everyone newbies to Guru's and everyone in between. Let's hear your thoughts and views and honest opinion on this topic. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no language called "Pakistan Language" Pakistan's national language is Urdu. And Arab peoples' mother tongue is Arabic, they spoke differently in different countries. Some speak Ja as Ga, Nejam in most countries, Negam in Egypt.

•••
I know their may be different spellings but how would you translate and spell the Arabic word for "Buy" in english?

•••
Souq.com means shopping or shop???anyone here??

•••
•••
•••
I know their may be different spellings but how would you translate and spell the Arabic word for "Buy" in english?
It is so complicated to understand Arabic unless you are a native Arab. For Buy, in Arabic YASHTARI, ISHTARI (Noun) and ASHTARI (Verb).

•••
It is so complicated to understand Arabic unless you are a native Arab. For Buy, in Arabic YASHTARI, ISHTARI (Noun) and ASHTARI (Verb).

there are a lot of other words that mean "Buy" :) so Arab have the choice:

ichtari, yachtari, ichtaroo, ichtarou, chiraa2
i9tani, i9tana, i9tinaa2, iktani, iktana, iktinaa, iktinaa2 .....

Arabic is very rich language, you have the alternative for 95% of the words, even god has 99 names :-D

There are 346 words that mean "Lion" !!! so ... it's complicated to find a single exclusive word in arabic

•••
Thank you so much for your input, I ask because I have ishtri.com (to buy?)...I agree translating from another language to english can have many alternative spellings. Unfortunately you would have to register similar variations to keep them from competitors.

•••
Thank you so much for your input, I ask because I have ishtri.com (to buy?)...I agree translating from another language to english can have many alternative spellings. Unfortunately you would have to register similar variations to keep them from competitors.
Worst case scenario at least it's a nice pronounceable 5L brandable:) Imo IDN'S will offer users much value and present a huge opportunity in the future. What will be to the right of the Dot in an idn is just as important if not more so. At this point in time I'm generally leaning towards idn.com and idn.cctld over idn.idn.

Last edited:
•••
Arabbakery.com is an example where it does not make sense as the secondary keyword. -... not sure if it has been mentioned but want to add if your targeting people that speak English as a second language the english character domain name should be clear and easy to spell, also less number of alternative spellings limit confusion. In my opinion.

•••
Ishtri is a good name, but as I said and as you know there are many alternative spellings depending on the country and even in the same country you can find too many alternative, for example:
in Kuwait : ishtri or eshtri
in Egypt: ishtiri or eshteri or eshtiri ...
in Morocco: shri or chri (because Moroccan speak French as second language and they prefer "ch" instead of "sh")

it's a litlle bit complicated,

there are 1 IDN word that can success in Arabic contries which is: سكس or جنس (= Sex) but I think this will success all over the world not only in Arabic countries :)
جنس.com (reg on 2004)
سكس.com (reg on 2001) :)

•••
Souq.com means shopping or shop???anyone here??

I'm not an arabic speaker but googling is enough to find that this means Bazaar which is another word in arabic for market.

•••
sorry bro unless Google F'd me over but Google says Buy in Arabic is yushtaraa. which I got. Yustaraa.com

but FYI? Yushtara.com is taken pretty interesting that's it's owned by some couple in their Living Trust.
Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust
lol nice investment

•••
MY BAD Yustara.com might have been recently sold to Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Green Lakes Tower .

But they weren't always the owners. I remembered Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust owning this particular domain. The reg says it was registered just this Feb 9, 2016. So I don't know.
I had just missed it. damn. I regged yushtaraa.com on Feb 23, 2016 so annoying!!!

but the Google "correct" spelling is supposedly Yustaraa. I don't know how much Google pays their translator but is mine wrong? and Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Green Lakes Tower right? or is Yushtara.com just better because it's short and that last A is one too many? So I'm guessing proper Spelling doesn't matter and shortness does? Alot of Google arabic translations have double letters in it. like ii and tt.

opinions or thoughts anyone?

my bad Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust owned ishtara.com since 2005. hmmm last name Hayek? is that Arabic? anyone know? if so then their version might be the proper spelling them? ishtara=buy?

they also own apartmentinsurance.com makes sense for arabic "Buy"

•••
sorry bro unless Google F'd me over but Google says Buy in Arabic is yushtaraa. which I got. Yustaraa.com

but FYI? Yushtara.com is taken pretty interesting that's it's owned by some couple in their Living Trust.
Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust
lol nice investment
MY BAD Yustara.com might have been recently sold to Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Green Lakes Tower .

But they weren't always the owners. I remembered Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust owning this particular domain. The reg says it was registered just this Feb 9, 2016. So I don't know.
I had just missed it. damn. I regged yushtaraa.com on Feb 23, 2016 so annoying!!!

but the Google "correct" spelling is supposedly Yustaraa. I don't know how much Google pays their translator but is mine wrong? and Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Green Lakes Tower right? or is Yushtara.com just better because it's short and that last A is one too many? So I'm guessing proper Spelling doesn't matter and shortness does? Alot of Google arabic translations have double letters in it. like ii and tt.

opinions or thoughts anyone?

my bad Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust owned ishtara.com since 2005. hmmm last name Hayek? is that Arabic? anyone know? if so then their version might be the proper spelling them? ishtara=buy?

they also own apartmentinsurance.com makes sense for arabic "Buy"
They also own tabikh which means food in arabic, out of curiosity it prompted me to check arabfood, fma owns the .org version and another party owned the .com since 98.....I own MiddleEasternInsurance.com, the only thing I don't like is its too long, but soon I think more and more people will use the voice to text feature, domain names not recognized will be a problem. For example I just said "ishtari" using the default voice to text on my phone and "history" was the result.

•••
They also own tabikh which means food in arabic, out of curiosity it prompted me to check arabfood, fma owns the .org version and another party owned the .com since 98.....I own MiddleEasternInsurance.com, the only thing I don't like is its too long, but soon I think more and more people will use the voice to text feature, domain names not recognized will be a problem. For example I just said "ishtari" using the default voice to text on my phone and "history" was the result.

hahahaha time to unload my arabic domains! yikes!! lol

•••
hahahaha time to unload my arabic domains! yikes!! lol
There are different language options for voice to text that may recognize those type of names.

•••
Ishtri is a good name, but as I said and as you know there are many alternative spellings depending on the country and even in the same country you can find too many alternative, for example:
in Kuwait : ishtri or eshtri
in Egypt: ishtiri or eshteri or eshtiri ...
in Morocco: shri or chri (because Moroccan speak French as second language and they prefer "ch" instead of "sh")

it's a litlle bit complicated,

there are 1 IDN word that can success in Arabic contries which is: سكس or جنس (= Sex) but I think this will success all over the world not only in Arabic countries :)
جنس.com (reg on 2004)
سكس.com (reg on 2001) :)

ok now. did you just mentioned Arabic Character domains? I have a bunch of those. we never spoked about arabic character domains as of yet . WE SHOULD so are there any ARABIC CHARACTER DOMAINS that would be worth something? you've mention SEX that's fine. what else?

In fact, HOW ABOUT EVERYONE TELLS US YOUR BEST ARABIC CHARACTER DOMAINS AND WHY YOU REGISTERED IT AND HOW MUCH YOU THINK YOU CAN GET FOR IT. and how confident you are that you will SELL IT?

Thanks!

GO!~

•••
Just to add my 2 cents worth. I own a 3 letter .qa domain hack that I have been trying to sell with absolutely no interest. .Ly domains on the other hand seem to be fetching good money!

•••
Just to add my 2 cents worth. I own a 3 letter .qa domain hack that I have been trying to sell with absolutely no interest. .Ly domains on the other hand seem to be fetching good money!

wow that's scary. Thanks!

•••
You are right .qa is a waste indeed. I have seen more value in .ly but it is very difficult to find the desired one, they are all taken already.

•••
Google or any other person in the world cannot spell the correct spelling in English of an Arabic word. There may be a dozen different spelling for a word. For example for Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him), we see the following spelling: Mohammad, Muhammed, Muhammad, Muhamad, Muhamed, Mohamad, Mohamed etc

•••

Last edited:
•••
No, arabic names are definetly not garbage.
For example, I have some arabic .top names:

abdul.top name m
bassam.top name m
abudhabi.top name of a city
achmed.top name m
ahmad.top name m
ammar.top name m
arif.top name m
azmi.top name m
basima.top name fm
charda.top name fm
dakhil.top name m
djadi.top name m
djal.top name m
djamal.top name m
djamila.top name fm
fahd.top name m
faizah.top name fm
fath.top name m
fatih.top name m
halim.top name m
hamit.top name m
hilal.top name m
ibrahim.top name m
issam.top name m
jamila.top name fm
jasmina.top name fm
jussuf.top name m
kalil.top name m
kalila.top name fm
kamal.top name m
kamil.top name m
kamila.top name fm
khadija.top name fm
khaliq.top name m
khasib.top name m
latif.top name m
melih.top name m
muslima.top term
mustafa.top name m
nabil.top name m
nadja.top name fm
namik.top name m
namika.top name fm
qabel.top name m
qamar.top name m
qitura.top name m
rabia.top name fm
raudah.top name fm
rayan.top name m
rayhan.top name m
razzia.top term
resul.top name m
sedat.top name m
shahira.top name fm
sharif.top name m
sheikh.top term
sirin.top name m
sofian.top name m
sulaiman.top name m
suleika.top name fm
suleiman.top name m
tahir.top name m
tahire.top name fm
tahsin.top name m
talibe.top name m
tarek.top name m
taufiq.top name m
ulvi.top name m
umar.top name m
wakur.top name m
yaqub.top name m
yassir.top name m
yaver.top name m
zafer.top name m
zahit.top name m
zaid.top name m
zakir.top name m
zarif.top name m
zayed.top name m
zeineb.top name fm
zeynab.top name fm
zikr.top
term

•••
I have mkan.com which means place in Arabic , 4 letter and very easy.

I also have Arab.fund

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back