IT.COM

question Are Arabic Domains Garbage and do you have any?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I shortened the original thread title which was:

Are Arabic character and or Arabic word domains created using western characters garbage?

Just wanted to know since I did register some like last year. I really don't understand why Arabic Character domains and even Arabic word domains created using western characters (A,B,C,D,E-X,Y,Z) haven't really taken off since ICANN allowed IDN's? One would assume easily that anything "arabic" is Big money just because of the wealth in those countries. Why hasn't it been adopted in areas like Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates? I mean for a culture that takes pride in being "Strict" with it's rules and having so much pride in it's culture (rightly so because of it's rich history) why haven't they adopted the idea of using their language with Arabic characters in the domains they use for their businesses? I mean I understand that Saudi Arabia and the UAE basically want western businesses to come to UAE and Saudi Arabia. So it makes sense that they would want to make it easier for Westerners to easily find their websites since of course most Westerners don't read nor speak Arabic but still why not accompanying Arabic domain to match company domain?

I know there are other IDN's but I have a specific purpose for this thread so I'm leaving this as a separate thread and next will be the Chinese IDN version of this thread.

So let's hear all your comments, opinions from everyone newbies to Guru's and everyone in between. Let's hear your thoughts and views and honest opinion on this topic. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fayiq.com is five-letters Does it mean something like superior or great? Also maybe could be a kids name?

actually by accident I found it means Super.

•••
I was looking for "super Car" but couldn't find a short version. it is available but didn't want to chance it.

•••
alfaylat is Villas?
Rufahia? Luxury?

•••
Burfakat? Perfect?
AltatBiq? application? as in APPS? TatBiq was taken

•••
I had missed out on getting property in arabic which got taken 2 days prior to me even starting to reg arabic domains.

•••
Guys you are going crazy over here lol. As weird as it may sound even though I speak Arabic I would invest in 5n.com or 6n.com any day rather than risking it with Arabic domains, too many choices too many risks for me, check @Abdullah Abdullah numeric portfolio for example ... Maybe there is Arabic speaking domainers who are having success but it isn't me so I can't help any more

•••
I dont have Arabic and Chinese Domains but still got bank domain ie BankOfEmirates(.)com...If any bank established in emirates,due think the .com will be there priority if they want to globalize their company services ..?
let's be fair i think your domain is good and i didn't check the sales history before i see the list you mentioned here so we may see it selling to the right enduser

Last edited:
•••
Guys you are going crazy over here lol. As weird as it may sound even though I speak Arabic I would invest in 5n.com or 6n.com any day rather than risking it with Arabic domains, too many choices too many risks for me, check @Abdullah Abdullah numeric portfolio for example ... Maybe there is Arabic speaking domainers who are having success but it isn't me so I can't help any more
haha lol thanks Bro I understand.

I've lined up some prospects already in Arab countries for these domains.

•••
how the heck did I miss that one? bankofemirates.com since june 2015? wow! nice!

•••
haha lol thanks Bro I understand.

I've lined up some prospects already in Arab countries for these domains.
quick $200 or $300 I'm happy if more? great!

•••
I just tell them it's for auction on SEDO with $99 min bid. if others jump on it great! if not I made 10 times my money back not bad for a days work
I love domaining.

•••
closest I have to BankofEmirates.com is AbudhabiWealthFund.com Abudullah? you still there? what do you think?

•••
alfaylat is Villas?
Rufahia? Luxury?
Alfaylat doesnt sound like villas it sounds more like files - villas can be villat, vellat, vilal, velat, vilat, beyot, this is what i mean by too many choices. IMO best thing is to check google keyword planner and see what gets most searches.

rufahia can be rafaheya, rafahia and so on.

•••
•••
domains like Mahmul (portable) and aleaqarat ( real estate) all taken.
almilkia (Property) taken.

am I missing something?

•••
Alfaylat doesnt sound like villas it sounds more like files - villas can be villat, vellat, vilal, velat, vilat, beyot, this is what i mean by too many choices. IMO best thing is to check google keyword planner and see what gets most searches.

Files? or Flies? not wearing my glasses lol looks like flies. lol

•••

hmm is that why Filat was taken? is Filat Villa?

•••

Again as you've mentioned depending where you are different dialects factor in thee equation. At the risk of dissing where you are from. no offense. I'm just interested in where "the money" is UAE and Saudi Arabia. Will my domains "work" in these countries or areas? yes or no? honest opinion?

•••
Vlad Filat
Former Prime Minister of Moldova, maybe thats why

•••
I'm spoken to my friends from Morocco and Tunisia and Egypt and they all tell me my domains "could" work depending on which area. but most definitely in Saudi and UAE.

•••
Vlad Filat
Former Prime Minister of Moldova, maybe thats why

AHHH! nice! didn't even bother looking just assumed it was villa.
lol

•••

BTW Abdullah? use google translator and check out the pinyin to english for XNXSZG.com I see you have BJVR.org

anyways XNXSZG.com translates to VRChina.com

•••
•••
someone else in China took
zgxnxs.com prior. that one means China Virtual Reality.com
damn!

•••
ok so arabic names a ultra premiums. Ok got that. ok let me read off my list and you all can tell me which ones are winners and losers.

here goes

Fayiq.com
muttaraf.com
rufahia.com
dhahabi.com
Burfakat.com
Altatbiq.com
Albarmjiat.com
Alaleab.com
alaeib.com
muzahadur.com
aistathmar.com
alfaylat.com
hiwanalyf.com

well...Let me tell you one thing... with so many dialects , you will always have people who spell a word the same way you did, which is in a way a good thing. With that said lets see what i see:

Altatbiq.com - The Application

dhahabi.com - Golden

Albarmjiat.com - Programmes

aistathmar.com ---Invest

Fayiq.com - Excellent - Outstanding , etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back