NameSilo

Arbitrage at parked

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you Arbitrage at Parked.com? Please vote.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, and I make profit.

votes
    28.4%
  • Yes, and I just breakeven.

votes
    2.3%
  • Yes, and I lost money.

votes
    21.6%
  • I am thinking about it.

votes
    47.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Just wondering how many people do arbitration at parked,
and how are their results.

Please vote.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
mrdomainman said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is content networking in regards to parked?
Google Adwords Content Network.

•••
mrdomainman said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is content networking in regards to parked?

You can choose to show ads on Google Search or Publishers websites(adsense publishers).that's we call Google Content network. :)

•••
Thank you vbigdeli and T.S. :)
I tried to add more rep to vbigdeli, but the forum wouldn't allow me.
Appreciate the help :)

•••
blogger said:
Can we use this Arbitrage process with any parking place such as bodis , sedo or its just strictly with parked.com?

You can't do it at Bodis or Sedo. There may be others that allow it but Parked is the one that seems to be always mentioned.

•••
•••
I just noticed this thread. I have never heard of any parking service that allows advertising of parked pages. So I checked Parked.com's terms of service, and here is a quote from their TOS:

"Permitted, compensated traffic can originate from two sources only:
1. type in (direct navigation) traffic and
2. existing search engine results/expired traffic.
All other types of traffic including bought traffic, traffic driven by PPC campaigns, traffic directed from hyperlinks are not permitted. If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, you will not be entitled to payment as per this Agreement. Regular checks are carried out and we reserve the right to suspend any domain from our Service at any time, on our sole discretion, if we reasonably believe that you have violated this Agreement; for example, if we suspect that the traffic on your domain is bought, generated or redirected in any way that contravenes these terms and conditions."​

So Parked does not allow this either. They may not catch you right away but eventually they'll figure it out and at that time they will most likely shut down your account and confiscate your unpaid earnings.

Then there's the Google issue. Google is really cracking down on people who use Adwords to drive traffic to pages that consist solely or primarily of advertising. You might get away with it for a month or two at most, but when they notice it they will at the very least "Google-slap" you, in other words they will drop your quality score into the pits and raise your minimum bids to $5.00 or $10.00. If you've done this before and have been warned, they might actually suspend your Adwords account.

Yes, it's possible to make a lot of money in a short period of time by doing arbitrage to parked pages, but just be aware that you are violating rules on both sides and when you get caught you will be burning your bridges with the parking service and with Google.

So don't do it. You'll just have to earn your money the old-fashioned way like the rest of us: acquire domains with natural traffic, or work with affiliate programs, or build actual content websites.

•••
I do not know of a single Yahoo based provider that doesn't allow arbitrage at this point. TOS or not, I have not told anybody that they can't do it. But I have told people where they can't send traffic from.

Donny

•••
Edited..

Last edited:
•••
Donny said:
I do not know of a single Yahoo based provider that doesn't allow arbitrage at this point. TOS or not, I have not told anybody that they can't do it. But I have told people where they can't send traffic from.

Donny

Exactly, I know thats what Donny has told me....so there is no more confusion imo.

•••
blogger said:
Can we use this Arbitrage process with any parking place such as bodis , sedo or its just strictly with parked.com?
In my knowledge, it's work only with parked and whypark

vbigdeli said:
I am doing!
So do I, no problem until now.

Last edited:
•••
I have a question for the arbitrage experts.

I recently started experimenting with a small arbitrage campaign to drive traffic to one of my Parked.com pages.

I checked my Adwords account yesterday and it said that someone clicked my ad. Then I checked my Parked.com account to see if they actually clicked through. But..... That domain name said it had ZERO visitors?

Can someone please explain how that can happen?

•••
@npkjb
I am no expert in parking arbitrage, but anyway...

u should know that parked.com is using landing - result system
example
let's say I am going your parked page, I need to click one of the link there and then click another one in the resulting page to make you one click earning.

not easy eh?>.<
so if you promote the landing page at adwords, there is high probability that they click the ad you promote but you are not getting click earning

wonder if we can actually promote the result page in adwords tho....

•••
metronome said:
@npkjb
I am no expert in parking arbitrage, but anyway...

u should know that parked.com is using landing - result system
example
let's say I am going your parked page, I need to click one of the link there and then click another one in the resulting page to make you one click earning.

not easy eh?>.<
so if you promote the landing page at adwords, there is high probability that they click the ad you promote but you are not getting click earning

wonder if we can actually promote the result page in adwords tho....

I understand that someone has to click a link on the page after the lander to make money. But when someone visits the landing page it should still register the visit, Right?

•••
NPKJB said:
I understand that someone has to click a link on the page after the lander to make money. But when someone visits the landing page it should still register the visit, Right?

ah about that, I dont really know
I sometimes get that trouble too, while the adwords tells me that there is already some visitors but the parked.com shows none.

I heard that parked.com updates its stat late.

well, on my side I am more concerned about paying adwords money while I dont earn any click on the parked domain:D guess every system has its risks>.<

•••
NPKJB said:
I checked my Adwords account yesterday and it said that someone clicked my ad. Then I checked my Parked.com account to see if they actually clicked through. But..... That domain name said it had ZERO visitors?

Usually adwords stats delayed for 3 hours and parked 15 minutes, but if you said yesterday, it should be final stats. Then it's a serious problem.

How do you pointing/set your domain to parked ? dns setting, set a cname, etc ?

I had same problem, this is the answer from my parked account manager

Missing traffic from adwords is to be expected. Not everybody gets through, some get counted that never make it to the front page.

Baron Desmond
parked.com
Until now I'm still confusing with this adwords condition 8^X damn

Hope somebody make this things clear. Sometimes I lost 100 until 300 clicks a day :'(

Last edited:
•••
dherwan said:
Usually adwords stats delayed for 3 hours and parked 15 minutes, but if you said yesterday, it should be final stats. Then it's a serious problem.

How do you pointing/set your domain to parked ? dns setting, set a cname, etc ?

I had same problem, this is the answer from my parked account manager

Until now I'm still confusing with this adwords condition 8^X damn

Hope somebody make this things clear. Sometimes I lost 100 until 300 clicks a day :'(

My domains are pointed to parked.com by DNS.

Baron Desmond is the same account rep I have. That's a pretty vague answer he gave you. I wish he could have given you a better explanation as to why a visitor does not reach the home page.

•••
Yes, so with other question that I ask to him, how about you ?
I prefer Donny to explain this.

Usually I use redirect my domain to parked servers, so many lost, try use to set a CNAME for your domain to point to parked server (but need hosting), it's reduce the lost of clicks from adwords to parked.

Last time I used DNS, but it makes warning from google adwords. The display url not same with name of a domain, it's appears meanwhile....That's violating adwords TOS.

So the conclusion until now that I have only get how to reduce lost clicks

If you hunting the top paying keywords I think we still can make money even so many lost of clicks.

•••
Now that I have an account with Parked, I'm thinking of doing some arbitrage.

1. Why does parked not allow arbitrage from content websites?

2. Does Parked allow promoting the Results page instead of the Landing Page?

3. Where do you guys source your traffic from? Google Adwords, Ask, Yahoo, or any other PPC companies? What's your recommendations and why?

4. Can we get banned from Parked for doing arbitrage? It's so difficult for me to get 1 Parked account. I don't want to get banned.

•••
parked is ok with arbitrage....provided traffic is clean...from adwords...MSN,,

•••
How many parking program to allow use arbitrage and promotion with adwords?

•••
netmeg said:
When talking about Google, you have to be careful with wording. There's a difference between being outright banned, being penalized, and being told to leave the program.

There's no rules against doing arbitrage with AdWords. Google doesn't like it, but they permit it, unless they feel your ads are misleading, or in some way leading to a poor user experience. They reserve the right to decide what's a poor user experience. In these cases, they may tell you your business model is a bad fit for theirs. There's no accusation of wrong-doing - they are just choosing not to do business with you.

If you break TOS in some fashion, then you will be banned. That means you are out, permanently, with little or no possibility of parole. Your ads are shut down, and you can't join back in with another account or credit card - at least, if they find out, they will keep shutting you down. There is almost no appeal from this - I was actually mistakenly banned in 2002 (which is another story) and was only just this year allowed to take out an account under my own name, after I posted the entire story on WebmasterWorld and someone from Google read it, realized the absolute idiocy of it, and got it reversed. That was FIVE YEARS.

Now, what most often happens with arbitrage is that you may be penalized. That means your bids suddenly go from what you want to pay up to some unreal amount, like $5.00 or $10.00. That means your Quality Score took a dump, and Google is telling you to either improve the user experience (comprising your ads, your landing page, and maybe even your business model) or they will continue to price you out of the market. That's where adding unique content, writing really good ads, and grouping your keywords in an intelligent fashion can really help you.

It's not necessarily easy to do arbitrage with AdWords sending to a parked page. But it can be done. I've done it with thin developed pages, but only just started experimenting with sending traffic to Parked.com pages lately, and I've been spending around 60 cents in ads to bring $17-$20 clicks. That would seem like an astounding success, but I am not at all sure it will last once Google calculates the Quality Score. So I'm not going to expand it out yet until I find out if I get hit with a poor Quality Score first. That can happen at any time, but generally it happens within 3 days to three weeks after you start a new campaign.

again, grat info netmeg.
thank you

NPKJB said:
I have a question for the arbitrage experts.

I recently started experimenting with a small arbitrage campaign to drive traffic to one of my Parked.com pages.

Maybe the visitor who clicked on your ad was coming from a traffic that doesn't count with parked.com

•••
netmeg said:
When talking about Google, you have to be careful with wording. There's a difference between being outright banned, being penalized, and being told to leave the program.

I had 2 cases with my Google Adwords Account, which I used to send traffic to my parked domain.

The First Case, it had zero impression for all campaign after running for one month. Then I asked help to the Adwords Support. The reply is: suspension account message due to violate their TOS, i.e. Landing Page Quality.

The Second Case (I use my friend's credit card several week after above case), it had zero impression for all campaign. But I didn't ask the Adwords Support about this. I tried to open other Adwords account (still for domain parking), credit card was not declined, but the campaign is still no impression.

Is the First Case is "being outright banned" and the Second is "being penalized"?

•••
cordella said:
I had 2 cases with my Google Adwords Account, which I used to send traffic to my parked domain.

The First Case, it had zero impression for all campaign after running for one month. Then I asked help to the Adwords Support. The reply is: suspension account message due to violate their TOS, i.e. Landing Page Quality.

The Second Case (I use my friend's credit card several week after above case), it had zero impression for all campaign. But I didn't ask the Adwords Support about this. I tried to open other Adwords account (still for domain parking), credit card was not declined, but the campaign is still no impression.

Is the First Case is "being outright banned" and the Second is "being penalized"?

If you opened the second account and tried to send traffic to the same domains that you were using under the banned account, then most likely you've been banned again. You need to appear as a completely different entity to Google. Anything that links you to a banned account virtually guarantee's you'll be banned again.

•••
Ya, same thing happen to me

Adwords make a mistery

•••
you are paying google cash prepaid ,let say you paid adwords $100 in parked you earned $150 , at the end of the month $150 which is in parked.com is not guarantee ,parked can ban you without prove , then you can stay with credit card statement $100 debt and lost your earning $150, you must find trustful parking company for arbitrage

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back