Domain Empire

Arbitrage at parked

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you Arbitrage at Parked.com? Please vote.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, and I make profit.

votes
    28.4%
  • Yes, and I just breakeven.

votes
    2.3%
  • Yes, and I lost money.

votes
    21.6%
  • I am thinking about it.

votes
    47.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Just wondering how many people do arbitration at parked,
and how are their results.

Please vote.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
havent tried, but some of my friends have tried it, mostly google adwords - parked.com arbitration and usually they ended up profitting like crazy, but got banned fast too , not by parked.com but by google

•••
metronome said:
havent tried, but some of my friends have tried it, mostly google adwords - parked.com arbitration and usually they ended up profitting like crazy, but got banned fast too , not by parked.com but by google

banned by google? for what?

•••
hitchhiker said:
banned by google? for what?

well he used google adwords to promote his domain names that's being parked at parked.com; (this method is called arbitration, right?)

fix me if I got it wrong.

what I meant by he got banned is he can't use google adwords anymore.

•••
If you run a PPC camp,nothing to be worried.

I do this with no issue.

•••
I think they got banned mostly because the campaign is not well targeted. If Adwords advertisers are happy (as I am also Adwords advertiser promoting my other online business), Google will just close their eyes.

Cheers,

•••
When talking about Google, you have to be careful with wording. There's a difference between being outright banned, being penalized, and being told to leave the program.

There's no rules against doing arbitrage with AdWords. Google doesn't like it, but they permit it, unless they feel your ads are misleading, or in some way leading to a poor user experience. They reserve the right to decide what's a poor user experience. In these cases, they may tell you your business model is a bad fit for theirs. There's no accusation of wrong-doing - they are just choosing not to do business with you.

If you break TOS in some fashion, then you will be banned. That means you are out, permanently, with little or no possibility of parole. Your ads are shut down, and you can't join back in with another account or credit card - at least, if they find out, they will keep shutting you down. There is almost no appeal from this - I was actually mistakenly banned in 2002 (which is another story) and was only just this year allowed to take out an account under my own name, after I posted the entire story on WebmasterWorld and someone from Google read it, realized the absolute idiocy of it, and got it reversed. That was FIVE YEARS.

Now, what most often happens with arbitrage is that you may be penalized. That means your bids suddenly go from what you want to pay up to some unreal amount, like $5.00 or $10.00. That means your Quality Score took a dump, and Google is telling you to either improve the user experience (comprising your ads, your landing page, and maybe even your business model) or they will continue to price you out of the market. That's where adding unique content, writing really good ads, and grouping your keywords in an intelligent fashion can really help you.

It's not necessarily easy to do arbitrage with AdWords sending to a parked page. But it can be done. I've done it with thin developed pages, but only just started experimenting with sending traffic to Parked.com pages lately, and I've been spending around 60 cents in ads to bring $17-$20 clicks. That would seem like an astounding success, but I am not at all sure it will last once Google calculates the Quality Score. So I'm not going to expand it out yet until I find out if I get hit with a poor Quality Score first. That can happen at any time, but generally it happens within 3 days to three weeks after you start a new campaign.

•••
netmeg said:
When talking about Google, you have to be careful with wording. There's a difference between being outright banned, being penalized, and being told to leave the program.

There's no rules against doing arbitrage with AdWords. Google doesn't like it, but they permit it, unless they feel your ads are misleading, or in some way leading to a poor user experience. They reserve the right to decide what's a poor user experience. In these cases, they may tell you your business model is a bad fit for theirs. There's no accusation of wrong-doing - they are just choosing not to do business with you.

If you break TOS in some fashion, then you will be banned. That means you are out, permanently, with little or no possibility of parole. Your ads are shut down, and you can't join back in with another account or credit card - at least, if they find out, they will keep shutting you down. There is almost no appeal from this - I was actually mistakenly banned in 2002 (which is another story) and was only just this year allowed to take out an account under my own name, after I posted the entire story on WebmasterWorld and someone from Google read it, realized the absolute idiocy of it, and got it reversed. That was FIVE YEARS.

Now, what most often happens with arbitrage is that you may be penalized. That means your bids suddenly go from what you want to pay up to some unreal amount, like $5.00 or $10.00. That means your Quality Score took a dump, and Google is telling you to either improve the user experience (comprising your ads, your landing page, and maybe even your business model) or they will continue to price you out of the market. That's where adding unique content, writing really good ads, and grouping your keywords in an intelligent fashion can really help you.

It's not necessarily easy to do arbitrage with AdWords sending to a parked page. But it can be done. I've done it with thin developed pages, but only just started experimenting with sending traffic to Parked.com pages lately, and I've been spending around 60 cents in ads to bring $17-$20 clicks. That would seem like an astounding success, but I am not at all sure it will last once Google calculates the Quality Score. So I'm not going to expand it out yet until I find out if I get hit with a poor Quality Score first. That can happen at any time, but generally it happens within 3 days to three weeks after you start a new campaign.

As usual... Another excellent post from Netmeg!! Thanks!!

Please keep us informed on the success or failure of your arbitrage at Parked.com.

•••
that's a pretty good post netmeg
ya that's true, my friends that got "Banned" from google adword don't explain me clearly if they got their account terminated or being asked to leave.(except one of them that used to get 200USD/day from adwords - parking arbitration clearly said that he got his account terminated)

•••
Arbitration is a legal process of mediation. You want to say "Arbitrage", which is buying on one market and selling on another to profit from the difference in bids between the two markets (simplified).

•••
Sleepys said:
Arbitration is a legal process of mediation. You want to say "Arbitrage", which is buying on one market and selling on another to profit from the difference in bids between the two markets (simplified).

In theory it appears to be relatively simple, but in practice it's much more complex. From the little I understand there are 2 very important factors that you must understand very well. A good understanding of Adwords and Keywords (simplified) People like Netmeg (great post) and others can better explain the details.

GIL :)

•••
I was explaining the difference between arbitration and arbitrage. The simple definition I gave was for arbitrage in general, not parking arbitrage. Parking arbitrage is an offshoot of arbitrage, it uses similar principles, which is why they call it parking arbitrage. I was just explaining that it is not "parking arbitration".

•••
netmeg said:

Same issue for me :td:

QS dropped suddenly from Great to Poor! and they asked me to pay 10$ to reactivate each keyword for Google Search.

I have no issue with content network even with Poor QS.

•••
10$ to reactivate EACH keyword? whoa......>.<

•••
vbigdeli said:
Same issue for me :td:

QS dropped suddenly from Great to Poor! and they asked me to pay 10$ to reactivate each keyword for Google Search.

I have no issue with content network even with Poor QS.

Content network is not allowed by parked.com btw.

•••
hitchhiker said:

It's not? Good to know...

BTW, anybody want to spill the beans on the kinds of keywords that pay out the amounts Netmeg is talking about? :lala:

•••
Why isn't there a "NO" option on the poll?

•••
Damn bro that's some kind of ROI! Congrats,,,,,Feeling generous? I do have an open PM.

netmeg said:
I've been spending around 60 cents in ads to bring $17-$20 clicks. .

•••
exponent said:
Why isn't there a "NO" option on the poll?

Well I guess I missed it, but "I am thinking about it" is kind of serving that purpose.
:hehe:

DnPresident said:
Damn bro that's some kind of ROI! Congrats,,,,,Feeling generous? I do have an open PM.

I feel the same way :)

•••
netmeg said:
. and grouping your keywords in an intelligent fashion can really help you.

This is something I keep hearing about and need to know more about..

•••
DnPresident said:

I don't know whether or not it will stick yet. My numbers aren't synced, because I get the Parked numbers the day after the AdWords, and I have to match them up. Oh yea, I'm a sis, not a bro.

DADomains said:
BTW, anybody want to spill the beans on the kinds of keywords that pay out the amounts Netmeg is talking about? :lala:

In a general sense, we're talking financial and pharmaceutical. But I think I had a typo in that - I didn't mean $17 to $20 PER click, I meant it was costing me 60 cents in PPC for every $17 to $20 IN clicks - the epc ranges from 1.00 to 3.65 or so.

Last edited:
•••
Can we use this Arbitrage process with any parking place such as bodis , sedo or its just strictly with parked.com?

•••
so content network is not allowed by parked.com?
well I will try this arbitrage stuffs right now then if there actually no trouble on using google-parked arbitrage:D.

•••
hitchhiker said:

I am doing!

•••
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is content networking in regards to parked?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back