Dynadot

Appraisals... URG

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We really don't understand this appraisal stuff very much; it annoys the crap out of us. Don't get us wrong we love your guys input on what you think a domain is worth, hell we feel that it carries more clout than the stupid companies doing them.
We think it is just another way for companies to simply set a price to your name and make the $ from saying... here, your name is worth this, thank you for your $ have a nice day. We understand we are not in the dotcom boom anymore but a solid one word domain like Directory.com should be worth in my opinion allot more than the $200,000-$300,000 range we have gotten from some very reputable companies appraisal services.

Think about it... Yahoo, Shopping, Switchboard, Looksmart, Ebay, Amazon, Overture, Google these guys are all a directory of products, services and/or information. You could be the mother of all these services with a name like Directory.com (Find Anything, Anywhere, Anytime):lala:

The way I figure it a high profile domain is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, plain and simple!
:bingo:

Thanx,
Dallen Harris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So are you asking for an appraisal on directory.com?

•••
Good points...:) I think forum appraisals are better cause those are the ppl that are going to buy :)

•••
Appraising is really weird.
I strugle with one thing everytime I apprais a domain.
A value can actully never be reg fee, we shall apprais what price the should ask from a potential buyer.

But when we sa a pointless domain we often say reg fee cause we can never see that some one should buy it.

But the truth is that allmost every domain that you sell should go at maybe min $20. If someone would like to buy it, anyway a enduser. Otherwise reg fee is good.

Other domains that are good when a enduser would like a domain atleast $100 I would say. Cause it no money really.

For companies min $1000 to $X000 when they want a domain, cause probably its no money for them to argue about.

Directory.com ofcourse $X00,000 cause its a big biz with alot of money.

Oh, Im to tired to write more. Maybe this isnt a good awnser to this thread anyway. =)

•••
Originally posted by Sharpy
So are you asking for an appraisal on directory.com?

Righto, thanks for posting and your thoughts and observations.
Please continue the discussion ... in the "Discussions Forum" (as no specific domain name for Appraisal, I don't believe). Good stuff!

Appreciates and Welcome to Namepros! :)

•••
4 days

It has only been on Afternic for 3-4days, that is why the traffic is kinda low.:hehe:

•••
These potential :$: End user's come to mind quickly:

Link: http://www.switchboard.com

Link: http://www.anywho.com

Link: http://www.yellowpages.com/Index.aspx

For maximum valuations ... I'd be targeting these types of folks, IMHO. With confirmation for additional comments and appraisals, I'll move it back to the "Appraisals Forum" (or you can begin a new thread there for this purpose).
Sorry for the confusion, it wasn't clear that you owned the domain name at first blush.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Who is the "us" that are annoyed by the "crap." I think you lost me there... Do you mean companies that do appraisals?

•••
Well, appraisals are almost always opinoins, its not neccessarily the set price of it, but some opinions are just closer to others for what people would pay.

•••
Your best bet would be withdraw all of your for sales and contact the "end-users" directly.

1. Verizon
2. BellSouth
3. Donneley
4. Switchboard
5. Yell
and many more big boys "end-users"

Good luck!

John

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back