Dynadot

Appraisal Scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I would like to know if anyone have had a person contact them about buying there domain name and using an independent appraisal service,after I present him the appraisal,now he want 30 days to find a buyer.I am wondering is there people out there with thier own agenda?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did the person who contacted you suggest the appraisal service?

•••
Sounds like you've been had. :( Search the forum for "appraisal scam", and you'll see this is quite a notorious ruse. If possible, try to get your money back ASAP.

•••
can you post to us the entire emails ALONG WITH the headers of them please?

We need to physically find this guy. Im getting sick and tired of these threads and seeing people bring/potentially being scammed

•••
fastfred said:
I would like to know if anyone have had a person contact them about buying there domain name and using an independent appraisal service,after I present him the appraisal,now he want 30 days to find a buyer.I am wondering is there people out there with thier own agenda?
it is a routine/notorious trick of appraisal scam let me guess!
he wanted appraisal from:hollywooddomains.com or fastdomainsales.com or greatdomains.com -right?

•••
search this forum, same post brought many many times previously.

sorry to say that (if youve paid) youve been had. no intended sale or intended buyer.

And if you get funny with your so called buyer, they will get nasty.

Only comfort for you would be to report them to the fbi http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

or file a complaint with their email provider.

•••
Re:Scam

This is the post From Jack [email protected]
We need to find this guy bad, thank you guys for telling me about this scam.
We need an appraisal before making an offer.

Our partners (webmasters and domain owners) always recommend us to verify an independent appraisal first. It would be fair for both of us.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name? Please note that we don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals from companies like www.valuations4u.com, www.swiftapraisal.com, www.accuratedomains.com etc. We have been already burned after accepting such appraisals in the past.

We trust appraisal certificates from www.FastDomainSales.com or www.GreatDomains.com. It does not matter because each company from this list was recommended to us by experienced experts.

After we verify an appraisal from you we'll continue negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.PayPal.com, www.escrow.com, check or wire?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Jack Martin

CEO

MCSE, MCSD

Swiss Software Consulting

•••
Yea, you've been had. They have been around scamming for years. I was first contacted about 2 years ago or so, but I never bit. They have no intention of buying, they are just pumping thier appraisal services.

•••
Re:Scam

I did file a complaint,but there has to be more that we can do before this sacmget worst, our lively-hoods depend on us domainers ticking together and making all partys responsible pay for this selfish injustice

•••
Wow, last year we received that scammer's email too. Never heard from them again after we put together a terse response to their inquiry.

We do not concern ourselves with appraisals. We know what this domain name is worth.

Your need for an appraisal is your business and can be handled on your end. Your partners are yours and your alone, we are not involved.

As far as negotiations, the price listed is the price needed to be paid to own this domain name. If that is unreasonable, then we suggest you do not look at something you can not afford.

Now we realize that we were responding to spam and whoever is sending this scam had no intention of responding to anybody's reply.

Wonder what would happen if somebody replied by saying they already had an appraisal from one of those companies? If anybody does that and actually would get a response back, please follow by expecting a show of good faith and asking for earnest money being put forward first before negotiations continue.

•••
Fast fred i recieved an e-mail from the same guy the other day it read:
i asked him to pay for the appraisal and never heard from him again.

Hi there,

I received your ad from http://www.AllForDomains.com via email. Unfortunately I was out of town at that time. Sorry for delay with response.

you wrote:
===========================
4F8.COM
IPBSKIN.COM
BESTSHOPPING.US
DHCHAT.COM
DHCHAT.NET
IAUCTIONS.BIZ
PAYOUTS.BIZ
PRODUCINGDOMAINS.COM
PRODUCTIVEDOMAINS.com
S3X.BIZ
SAVINGINFO.COM
===========================

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest free money and make some income.

We are interested in BESTSHOPPING.US.

Do you sell a developed site or just domain name? We are mostly interested in domains without web content.

Do you have an appraisal of your domain? We need an appraisal certificate from you before making an offer. Domain name is an investment for me. I'm going to sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future.So I need to know the current market vlaue of your name. I guess your are also interested in getting this figure. Without professional appraisal it's impossible to set a right price.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name? Please note that we don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals.

Moreover, earlier I had a bad experience with www.Afternic.com. Then I found the following information about Afternic in the forum http://forum.icann.org/nsi2001/3AC75D7900000305.html

To avoid such mistakes in the future I asked about reputable appraisal companies in a well-known webmaster forum
http://domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/13477.htm

Best regards,

Jack Martin

CEO

MCSE, MCSD

Products/Services:Billing-Direct, Cost Analysis & Revenue Assurance Software

•••
Jack martin
mike martin
bil martin

he pretty much sticks to those three names. (though there are others he uses).

100% scam. cant wait to find this ****stick. Lord help him if he is in the PNW area.

•••
here is one I got today

here is an email I got today... Is this guy legit? Any thoughts?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Domain Holder,

This is Vlad Scherman from http://dnsales.profit.com/email_free.htm.

We can help you to sell your domains through our opt-in domain buyers list (12,000 domain buyers).

You can send your domains to 150 domain buyers for free at
http://dnsales.profit.com/email_free.htm

Our service for domain sellers is unique. You won't find it on other sites.

After using free trial you may order the commercial OPT-IN list (12,000 domain buyers).

We don't charge a commission upon sale, because you'll negotiate direct with the domain buyers. But we can help you with the escrow service.

I also invite you to visit our domains wanted ads section. Just visit "Domains wanted" section on our site. You may find your buyer there.

I wish you GOOD LUCK on the domain market !

Sincerely,

Vlad Scherman

http://dnsales.profit.com

This is one time email. If you are not interested I won't bother you again.

•••
Sounds like a scam as well. If you do decide to dance with these guys, just don't take him up on his offer:

After using free trial you may order the commercial OPT-IN list (12,000 domain buyers).

•••
If you want to try them out, use a throwaway email address, dont part with any cash, and if you get to sale time nominate an escrow service that you know and are happy with.
If I can find the link I'll post it, about fake escrow services, that get the cash, or the goods, depending on the matter, and suddenly "are no more". This particular scam has been going on for quite some time. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but better to be safe than sorry

My rule of thumb, if they want an appraisal, they pay for it, definitely sorts out the wheat from the chaff,

:wave:

•••
update

here are the two emails I got today.... Definate sounds of scam to me... figured I would post em jsut the same for all to see. I did edit out the names I have sent him..
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there,

I received your ad from http://www.AllForDomains.com via email. Unfortunately I was out of town at that time. Sorry for delay with response.

you wrote:
---------------------------------
I will consider discount if purchasing BOTH . I am open to
"best offers" on package deal.
http://www.Goxxxxxts.com - $xxxxUSD
http://www.Golxxxxxas.com - xxxxUSD
---------------------------------

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest free money and make some income.

We are interested in purchasing Gxxxxxxxxxgles.com.

Do you sell a developed site or just domain name? We are mostly interested in domains without web content.

Do you have an appraisal of your domain? We need an appraisal certificate from you for domain priced in your range (1,000). Domain name is an investment for me. I'm going to sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future.So I need to know the current market vlaue of your name. I guess your are also interested in getting this figure. Without professional appraisal it's impossible to set a right price.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name? Please note that we don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals.

Moreover, earlier I had a bad experience with www.Afternic.com. Then I found the following information about Afternic in the forum http://forum.icann.org/nsi2001/3AC75D7900000305.html

To avoid such mistakes in the future I asked about reputable appraisal companies in a well-known webmaster forum

Best regards,

George Bergman

CEO

MCSE, MCSD

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOLLOWED BY THIS EMAIL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent : Thursday, February 3, 2005 12:54 PM
To : "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject : RE: domains for sale (AllForDomains.com free trial)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Originating-IP: [213.140.237.198]
Received: from wm-smtp1.entergroup.com ([216.219.235.61]) by mc5-f2.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:19:05 -0800
Received: from oregano.entergroup.com (oregano [127.0.0.1])by wm-smtp1.entergroup.com (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id j13IsYCU026790for <[email protected]>; Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:54:34 +0200
Received: (from apache@localhost)by oregano.entergroup.com (8.12.10/8.12.10/Submit) id j13IsXAN026786for [email protected]; Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:54:33 +0200
Received: from unknown (213.140.237.198) by mail.yesudo.com with HTTP/Webmail; Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:54:33 -0000
X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jFpPetO9FIV+v2NrN/OqrVEjb8++YmZEEE=
X-Authentication-Warning: oregano.entergroup.com: apache set sender to [email protected] using -f
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 03 Feb 2005 19:19:05.0549 (UTC) FILETIME=[3A24DFD0:01C50A25]
Hello,

I guess Gxxxxxxxxxxriots.com has many "type ins" and can bring me a good traffic. What do you think? I have saved your offer on file. If I don't receive a better offer during the next week
I'll probably buy your name. Have you received any offers already? If your name has really good potential you must receive offers from other buyers.

Best Regards,
Gregor

P. S.
If I don't contact you it means I've accepted another offer.

omnia said:
My rule of thumb, if they want an appraisal, they pay for it, definitely sorts out the wheat from the chaff,

:wave:

I feel the same way on that. Either pay the price or proove it is not worth what I want for it!

•••
I got the same email as everyone else, I guess they really like the toughguy.net email accounts. I actually read about this a while ago and knew it was a scam, but I tried to play along to see how far he would go.

Here's the emails:

To: David
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:14:42 +0300 (MSK)
Subject: ****** (sent 02/01/05)

Hi,

I saw your domain listed for sale several days ago. I was busy and could not contact you at that time.

Is it still available for sale? Have you received any bids from other buyers?

If it's still available for sale please email me your asking price in US dollars.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I will contact you. Please keep my email address and our correspondence confidential.

Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I will contact you as soon as possible.

I run a software development company. We provide custom software development in Linux, Windows XP, MS Access, MS SQL, PHP and Delphi for our clients in USA, Hong Kong, UK and Switzerland. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest free money and make some income.

Kindest regards,

George Bergman

CEO

MCSE, MCSD

To: George Bergman <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:27:10 -0500
Subject: Re: ***** (sent 02/01/05)

Make a reasonable offer and I'll sell the domain. Do you know what
****** means? It's actually a domain for an adult site.

Thanks,

David

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:55:38 +0300

Yes, I know :) .. Wea re mostly interested in adult names.

Do you sell a developed site or just domain name? If you don't have a site
it's not a problem. We are mostly interested in domain names without
content.

Do you have an appraisal of your domain? I need an appraisal certificate
before making an offer. Domain name is an investment for me. I'm going to
sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make
a profit in the future. So I need to know the current market vlaue of your
name. I guess your are also interested in getting this figure. Without
professional appraisal it's impossible to set a right price.

Please note that we don't trust free or cheap appraisals. We were burned
after accepting such appraisals in the past. So we cannot accept appraisal
from each and every site.

I asked about reputable appraisal companies in a well-known webmaster forum

Juck check this posting. My nickname there is MARTIN.

After we verify an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.PayPal.com, www.escrow.com, check or
wire?

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:37:18 -0500

I would prefer you make a bid on the domain directly at afternic since
it is listed there. If you'd like a domain appraisal you can go to
the site yourself and get it appraised. It's up to you. Make me a
reasonable offer and I'll accept. I accept PayPal and if you'd like
to use Escrow.com you can pay the escrow fees.

Thanks,

David

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:38:24 +0300 (MSK)
Subject: re: ***** (sent 02/01/05)

I understand you, but usually sellers provide buyers with appraisals. It's a common practice. Independent appraisers are involved in any serious purchase.

Earlier I had a bad experience with www.Afternic.com. I also found the following information about Afternic in the forum
http://forum.icann.org/nsi2001/3AC75D7900000305.html

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:44:29 -0500

You are correct, if you'd like to see if I'm legit, you can check with
afternic, I've sold domains there already. And on top of that you can
check on http://namepros.com my username is deu12000, I have a decent
trader rating and I have no negative feedback. It's up to you. I can
sell you ***** and I also own ***** (you can check the
whois), you can have them both for $750.

If you need an appraisal that's up to, I'm not going to spend my money
to get them appraised and then for the deal to fall through. Like I
said, you can check my name deu12000 at namepros.com (which is a very
popular domain name forum). You can even send me a private message
there to confirm if it's me or not.

Thank you,

David

By the way he stopped responding after the last email I sent him back.

•••
Also received scam offer

Hi:

I too received a scam offer from one of the "toughguy.net" fellows-- Bergman. I didn't realize fully it was a scam until AFTER I ordered the appraisal from allfordomains.com. Fortunately I found this forum and learned my mistake.

Has anyone had any experiences with allfordomains.com? Is this entity legit in itself, or is it too another scam??? Kindly advise. Thank you.

•••
deu12000 said:
I got the same email as everyone else, I guess they really like the toughguy.net email accounts. I actually read about this a while ago and knew it was a scam, but I tried to play along to see how far he would go.

Here's the emails:

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:14:42 +0300 (MSK)
Subject: ****** (sent 02/01/05)

Hi,

I saw your domain listed for sale several days ago. I was busy and could not contact you at that time.

If it's still available for sale please email me your asking price in US dollars.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I will contact you. Please keep my email address and our correspondence confidential.

Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I will contact you as soon as possible.

I run a software development company. We provide custom software development in Linux, Windows XP, MS Access, MS SQL, PHP and Delphi for our clients in USA, Hong Kong, UK and Switzerland. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest free money and make some income.

Kindest regards,

George Bergman

CEO

MCSE, MCSD

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:55:38 +0300

Yes, I know :) .. Wea re mostly interested in adult names.

Do you sell a developed site or just domain name? If you don't have a site
it's not a problem. We are mostly interested in domain names without
content.

Do you have an appraisal of your domain? I need an appraisal certificate
before making an offer. Domain name is an investment for me. I'm going to
sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make
a profit in the future. So I need to know the current market vlaue of your
name. I guess your are also interested in getting this figure. Without
professional appraisal it's impossible to set a right price.

Please note that we don't trust free or cheap appraisals. We were burned
after accepting such appraisals in the past. So we cannot accept appraisal
from each and every site.

I asked about reputable appraisal companies in a well-known webmaster forum

Juck check this posting. My nickname there is MARTIN.

After we verify an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.PayPal.com, www.escrow.com, check or
wire?

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:38:24 +0300 (MSK)
Subject: re: ***** (sent 02/01/05)

I understand you, but usually sellers provide buyers with appraisals. It's a common practice. Independent appraisers are involved in any serious purchase.

Earlier I had a bad experience with www.Afternic.com. I also found the following information about Afternic in the forum
http://forum.icann.org/nsi2001/3AC75D7900000305.html

By the way he stopped responding after the last email I sent him back.

I recieved a email exactly like that from some named George Bergman..
I just ignored it.. >:(

•••
The guy probably owns the appraisal sites as well

•••
•••
kw31 said:
The guy probably owns the appraisal sites as well

In other works LeeRyder, follow the money not the email headers to find this guy.

•••
just received an email from him today, not yet aksing for an appraisal but asking for my asking amount here is the email:

Hi,

I'm writing regarding your domain for sale I saw about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, I was busy and could not contact you at that time.

Please email me your asking price in US dollars.

Kindest regards,

Trevor Berger

CEO

Chams Consulting

Cost Analysis & Revenue Assurance Software.

Im going to find out who this guy is. I too am sick and tired of people getting scammed by this guy.

was sent from this email address: [email protected]

I am currently trying to trace his IP address from through his email address.

•••
god damn scammers people just don't know what to do :grr:

•••
Ive found some useful info and I might even have his address by the end of tonight.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back