IT.COM

Appraisal Scam Update

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From the Sedo Forums Comes this:

Update on the appraisal scam is available at the link below. Kindly note the latest email id and company name used by the scammer. Unlike a previous suggestion that the scammer might be a babelfish, the actual trace leads to an English.

http://www.idnauction.com/appraisal-scam.html

Kindly spread the word to help the millions of domain registrants from falling into this scam. I tried to register at namepros.com but after 3 months my username for some strange reason is still not activated for posting messages there.

(Mods, can you check on any outstanding New Member Approvals?)

Link in the quotes has some valuable information. Good luck all in catching this

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A lot of people here are aware of this appraisal scam
but never the less thanks for reminding, hope the scammer will get caught soon

•••
Can you find out what username he tried to register?

•••
ya, i asked him to email me the username he signed up with.. once/if he does I'll forward the info to you.

•••
This happened to me a little while back, what was stupid was if I were to read the Main forum 3 days earlier I would still have that $50.

I'm still trying to get my money back from contacting the appraisal service, paypal, and the local police.

•••
Yes,This seems to be an on going problem,I don't acknowledge these e-mails,If some wants a professional appraisel,They can pay sedo ect,And i will deduct the appraisel fee from the final price,I sent that offer to one of those of those scammers,And needless to say i did'nt get a reply.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back