NameSilo

AOL Explorer Screenshots and More

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey Guys,
I decided to have a shot at running AOL Explorer based on the other topic I read. Here are the screenshots I have. It seems that its run on the IE core like Maxthon as it already has your homepage, cookies, and favorites.

I do seem to like it a bit, except for the interface, but it has a popup blocker, tabbed browsing, and even has a spyware scanner! It also has built in desktop search.

http://img92.echo.cx/img92/4309/aol0zs.jpg

Feel free to donate me NP$ if you found this topic useful. :D

After looking into AOL Explorer even more, it has the following features:

ActiveX Content Disabled on Choice
WHOIS Lookup Builtin
Power Browsing- loads of tools and more

Heres the download:

http://download.softpedia.com/software/internet/browser/AOLExplorer.exe

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO, the "features" are useless and take up space. The interface feels extremely clumsy and it's also relatively slow on loading.

I prefer using IE over that piece of junk, they didn't even touch the outdated engine.

btw, have you seen their website? lol.

Look at the error I get when I open the browser.

•••
In my opinion from the screenshot it looks like its the best aol have done so far with anything. At least they are trying *glares at M$*.

•••
That's also just a screenshot of AOL's own page. The one that they expect you to first see when you use your browser... so it's no wonder that it looks okay.

•••
Why is the AOL logo tilted!

•••
Just looking at that screenshot makes me realise just how ugly the browser looks.

•••
In my opinion from the screenshot it looks like its the best aol have done so far with anything. At least they are trying *glares at M$*.

Glad someone likes it :D. But I think I'm gonna stay with IE and FireFox. I just find that anything AOL makes "sucks". And also, the AOL Homepage is the default that loads wheter or not you want it to with your regular homepage.

•••
GJ Online said:
Why is the AOL logo tilted!

Haha! Trying something new I guess :lol:

But yeah, they browser does look bad, I think it's time for AOL to actually make a good browser. :laugh:

•••
Yeah, a "good" browser from AOL would be good :D

•••
They're working on it. It's not like it's been out there creating this for years. Doesn't look pretty, so what, who cares? Do you surf the internet because it's pretty? Well I'm going to stick with Opera, but I may download the AOL explorer sometime soon.

God bless,
David

•••
They're working on it. It's not like it's been out there creating this for years. Doesn't look pretty, so what, who cares? Do you surf the internet because it's pretty? Well I'm going to stick with Opera, but I may download the AOL explorer sometime soon.

LOL! They have been working with the internet for quite some time, as they were one of the "first" internet providers. I don't surf the internet because its "pretty", but I do enjoy a reliable browser. I think I'll stick to IE and Firefox :D

•••
Those screenshots looking pretty nice I might say. The user interface looks much better compared to before in my opinion. I wonder if it will be the next top thing like Internet Explorer or Firefox.

If any of you guys want another screenshot, you can check the link below. In my opinion it doesn't look all that bad really... but whether it will do well once it's finally released I don't know much about. I mean also considering that AOL Explorer itself is using the Internet Explorer engine. Only time will tell right?

Screenshot: http://img28.echo.cx/img28/6342/aolexplorer8zy.gif

•••
Yeah, what's wrong with it?

•••
sooty said:
Yeah, what's wrong with it?

Heh, I don't think we can really saying anything negative about it yet considering that it's in BETA at the current moment. We'll just have to wait and see what becomes of it later on. :hehe:

•••
I really dont like that interface - sticking with Firefox :D

- DM

•••
StudioWorks said:
I really dont like that interface - sticking with Firefox :D

- DM

Heh I guess you have to get used to using it really, I still prefer Firefox as well. I don't know if this "AOL Explorer" will be able to compete with the features that Firefox has. :tu:

•••
MalinRepair said:
Hey Guys,
Feel free to donate me NP$ if you found this topic useful. :
QUOTE]

thats funny, its also funny that it runs on the ie core

•••
I dont like the look of it, I would rather use Firefox.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back