Dynadot

Anyone use a CMS called Concrete5?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just found this interesting CMS called Concrete5. You can make changes to the website just by clicking objects right on the page. Seems pretty cool and great for static websites.

Has anyone used Concrete5 to build websites? Anyone currently use it for websites they manage?

http://www.concrete5.org

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i know about it but never tested it.. as i prefer wordpress for Blog CMS... but i don't know.. seems too static for me :)

•••
Yes, I run on it on my website. It's great for basic functionality and SEO, it's a pretty powerful system but the thing I love most is designing a template for my uses, not the CMS's standard templating system. You just plug in their code to certain elements and you're running a CMS backend on your design.

For more plugin heavy websites, stick with Wordpress.

•••
I will probably work on building a few small business website with Concrete5. It seems very ideal for that. I find WP frustrating for static websites.

•••
Am not using it right now and even didn't knew about this before as I am using Wordpress for most of my sites but I will surely take a look at this and would even like to try this out.

•••
I know about it but I prefer Wordpress. Wordpress is best CMS. There are lot of plugins in wordpress which makes your work easy, its user friendly and SEO Friendly also. You can easily change or update your content on wordpress regularly.

•••
Even I prefer Wordpress. I run a news portal using Wordpress. Its easy to customize and documentation is also good..

•••
Back to the OPs question about concrete5 from Nov 2012.

I first used it 4 years ago, it was ok, main selling point very nice inline editing and good range of pre-built blocks.

I recommended it to a friend who runs their own small web dev business and they love it, as do their clients.

I'm using it to build a site now. Seems to be more powerful than before without losing the user friendly interface.

Main downside is the low numbers of themes, but turning any static template into a theme is really very, very easy.

•••
I tried it, didn't like it.
I use a REAL CMS now , not a blogging platform like wordpress .
Joomla! Rules

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back