Dynadot

discuss Anyone still making revenues via Parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Is anyone still making revenues via Parking or have you given up on it?

Which company would you suggest for .COM domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes people still make a lot of money... 4-5 figures.. I know couple.

often those people own either very high quality expensive liquid names.. they regged or owned since way back... or they just know what they are doing finding new names to park.. or combo of both :)

personally I park few names and buy few parking names here and there... mostly for fun of it.. and learn a bit in process abotu parking...

for example, I own now around 40 names.. most bought from others.. for total of say 1k.
this gives me average of 80-100$ on bodis.. no optimizing. so say 1 year (ending soon) to get my money back.. then its bit of profit..

oddly, I recently had my biggest click ever... on a random domain not bought for parking from others.. there was three clicks $15 each.. so one name... made $45...

this won't be happening much for me.. but we take what we get in this business.. :)

still it shows that it may be wise to park all yoru new regs/buys.. if for nothing else then to test them for a while..

though I too am of opinion like many others, that sale landers versus a tiny little banner (on bodis its at bottom after ads too, on mobile devices.. same for PC.. so thats even worse) with for sale message.. probably greatly increase your sale chances.... and at this stage of domaining world, domain sales should be more important to people than park revenue... to most of us that is.

5346565654.JPG

Last edited:
•••
I guess you make money from parking on heavily search domains. If your domain is keyword related.

•••
•••
Surprised anyone makes any money with all the adblockers out there. I only ever see white pages for anyone with Sedo / Bodis / etc for their pages.

•••
Surprised anyone makes any money with all the adblockers out there. I only ever see white pages for anyone with Sedo / Bodis / etc for their pages.

yep... its a problem for sure.. confirmed publically by bodis at least.. I guess one could say we'd be making more money if blockers were not around... but.. I think that part of audience with blockers is still pretty negligable... meaning that main culprit for lower park revenues today is not ad blockers.. ;)

cheers

•••
yep... its a problem for sure.. confirmed publically by bodis at least.. I guess one could say we'd be making more money if blockers were not around... but.. I think that part of audience with blockers is still pretty negligable... meaning that main culprit for lower park revenues today is not ad blockers.. ;)

cheers

Not only the adblocker. new generation of young people have the ability to auto bypass the ads even adblocker is not installed.:xf.frown:

Anyway, Thanks for your screenshot.
Your earnings is 10 times more efficiency than me. Maybe I should try to parking my domains somewhere else

DS, 8k view , 478 click = $2.13+$3.13 Revenue
p1.jpg

Sedo, Last 12 month, 72K view, 10K click = 152 EUR
p2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Not only the adblocker. new generation of young people have the ability to auto bypass the ads even adblocker is not installed.:xf.frown:

Anyway, Thanks for your screenshot.
Your earnings is 10 times more efficiency than me. Maybe I should try to parking my domains somewhere else

DS, 8k view , 478 click = $2.13+$3.13 Revenue
p1.jpg

Sedo, Last 12 month, 72K view, 10K click = 152 EUR
p2.jpg

well the good news is.. that sedo is confirmed by most as being the worst company around... when comes to revenue.

parking crew is good too.. but I prefer bodis for interface and support

gl

•••
well the good news is.. that sedo is confirmed by most as being the worst company around... when comes to revenue.

gl
Is voodoo still OK?

•••
•••
I have a domain with 200 UV per day, guess I should see what the PPC will be. Only way to know is to park it right?

•••
I have a domain with 200 UV per day, guess I should see what the PPC will be. Only way to know is to park it right?

i think you have some nice valuable names in your folio from what I saw in showcases etc.. so I think there is potential revenue there.. keep us posted

id go with bodis.. real simple to use and good payouts. good support too.

gl

•••
i think you have some nice valuable names in your folio from what I saw in showcases etc.. so I think there is potential revenue there.. keep us posted

id go with bodis.. real simple to use and good payouts. good support too.

gl
A couple of years back, when I owned Square foot (dotcom) I was getting $150 to $400 per mo in parking income.

•••

gl

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it out and report back.

I had created my Bodis account back in 2007 but I never tryout their platform. I already forgot the password of my Bodis account so I just simple recover the password. I can login now but now it's telling me tier 1 ad provider suspended all service for your account because of failed to verify account within 10 day period. What the hack is that ? I never use bodis before and haven't add a single domain to it. Why the tier1 ad provider suspended me???

p3.jpg

•••
Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it out and report back.

I had created my Bodis account back in 2007 but I never tryout their platform. I already forgot the password of my Bodis account so I just simple recover the password. I can login now but now it's telling me tier 1 ad provider suspended all service for your account because of failed to verify account within 10 day period. What the hack is that ? I never use bodis before and haven't add a single domain to it. Why the tier1 ad provider suspended me???

p3.jpg

hmmm not sure.. u should contact support there.. doesn't sound like valid reason to suspend tier1... normally they suspend when there is click fraud or something.

unless back in 2007... those were the rules... account verify or tier1 suspend. sounds odd to me though.

gl

•••
hmmm not sure.. u should contact support there.. doesn't sound like valid reason to suspend tier1... normally they suspend when there is click fraud or something.

unless back in 2007... those were the rules... account verify or tier1 suspend. sounds odd to me though.

gl

I just checked my e-mail and confirmed that what they did was a little bit crazy back in 2007.
They suspended my account twice within 3 days back in NOV 2007 but I haven't add any domains to their platform. :dead:

The first suspended reason was inactive
The second suspended reason was Upstream providers pushing them to keep only high-quality traffic. No domain = No traffic = banned:dead:

p4.jpg
Anyway, many things has changed from time to time and now it seems Bodis has become one of the best parking platform.:xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
•••
There are still plenty of domainers making money parking but it's a totally different game these days to make good money with parking - they purchase domains specifically for their parking potential and not so much the resale potential. Those could be domains that used to be previously developed and still have lots of traffic from backlinks, typo domains or domains that infringe on trademarks.

The days that you could make a nice chunk of change with PPC on a random portfolio are over. If you have domains with resale potential that could sell to end-users it wouldn't be to wise imo to prevent these buyers from reaching out to you with an offer by population the landing page with advertisements or even worse, zero-click parking.

•••
There are still plenty of domainers making money parking but it's a totally different game these days to make good money with parking - they purchase domains specifically for their parking potential and not so much the resale potential. Those could be domains that used to be previously developed and still have lots of traffic from backlinks, typo domains or domains that infringe on trademarks.

The days that you could make a nice chunk of change with PPC on a random portfolio are over. If you have domains with resale potential that could sell to end-users it wouldn't be to wise imo to prevent these buyers from reaching out to you with an offer by population the landing page with advertisements or even worse, zero-click parking.

I agree. this is why I hesitate to put all my names on bodis.. and only stick to ones I know make some money.

I mean a forsale banner on top of parked page is not so bad.. sadly, both PC and bodis put that banner at bottom of ads.. hardly visible really then... when the visit is from mobile phone.. this is confrimed by me with their support.. and on PC, this happens regardless of if you say banner on top or bottom in settings.

•••
Agreed I wouldn’t buy a domain just for parking. I have about 1500 domains all for sale. I’ve set it up so that I’m able to sell each one fine and still bring in a little ppc revenue.

•••
Agreed I wouldn’t buy a domain just for parking. I have about 1500 domains all for sale. I’ve set it up so that I’m able to sell each one fine and still bring in a little ppc revenue.

does this translate into you have your names on parking page with sale banners? if so which company?

•••
•••
I remember old good days when people used to buy/sell here on NP parked domains earning $2-5 monthly for 50x. Selling traffic domains was nice opportunity for newcomers back then.

Still money can be made off parking, but scaling it requires lot of skills, time and, very important, passion. Now domain selling is much more profitable in terms of invested time and income. Not many people now make 4 figures off parking, and it is considered good outcome. Yet making 4 figures monthly off domain selling became pretty obvious and doesn't surprise anyone.

And yes, back in old days the question was "how do I get domains with traffic". Now the question is "how do I monetize my traffic domains".

Last edited:
•••
It is not a problem to monetize via ZeroClick if this traffic is coming from the USA and other leading countries...

Problem is only with archaic Google PPC model which is trending down from year to year...

Last edited:
•••
So if parking is out of the equation for most of us, what do we do while we're looking forward to selling our domains?

•••
So if parking is out of the equation for most of us, what do we do while we're looking forward to selling our domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back