IT.COM

discuss Anyone still making revenues via Parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Is anyone still making revenues via Parking or have you given up on it?

Which company would you suggest for .COM domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We all miss her though!

720Leap-e1358465197570.png

•••
Parking is mostly dead in the water except for some rare names and common typos. My own parking income is down 95% (that's not an exaggeration) over past 10 years or so, with declines getting steeper and steeper as time goes by. In most all cases it's not worth the time to park. It may be best to forward domains to your website(s), imo.

•••
I made 3.2K USD from DS and 5.3K EUR in a single month back in Aug 2009 but now I have given up.
In the old day, I can simple re-register some expired domains and park them to make money. Those days are long gone.:xf.frown:

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

•••
I used to make $500+ p/month couple of years back by having 1000-1200 domains parked. With parking revenue declining all the time, I've changed to sales lander with contact form.

It would be nice to know if someone else making in 4 figures every month and can share some info about how it is still made and with how many domains.

•••
yes people still make a lot of money... 4-5 figures.. I know couple.

often those people own either very high quality expensive liquid names.. they regged or owned since way back... or they just know what they are doing finding new names to park.. or combo of both :)

personally I park few names and buy few parking names here and there... mostly for fun of it.. and learn a bit in process abotu parking...

for example, I own now around 40 names.. most bought from others.. for total of say 1k.
this gives me average of 80-100$ on bodis.. no optimizing. so say 1 year (ending soon) to get my money back.. then its bit of profit..

oddly, I recently had my biggest click ever... on a random domain not bought for parking from others.. there was three clicks $15 each.. so one name... made $45...

this won't be happening much for me.. but we take what we get in this business.. :)

still it shows that it may be wise to park all yoru new regs/buys.. if for nothing else then to test them for a while..

though I too am of opinion like many others, that sale landers versus a tiny little banner (on bodis its at bottom after ads too, on mobile devices.. same for PC.. so thats even worse) with for sale message.. probably greatly increase your sale chances.... and at this stage of domaining world, domain sales should be more important to people than park revenue... to most of us that is.

5346565654.JPG

Last edited:
•••
I have made $2.47 this year at bodis and another .37 at Sedo.
Who says parking is dead?
It is not only dead, but dust in the wind.

•••
There are still people making 4 figures per month in parking and also 5 figures too....
they just not write into these threads or maybe they are neither in namepros btw what people are are saying it's true: revenues went down a lot from the good old days so i would not recommend anyone to start parking nowadays.
for me: making mid XXX$ per month with less than 150 names

•••
i think you have some nice valuable names in your folio from what I saw in showcases etc.. so I think there is potential revenue there.. keep us posted

id go with bodis.. real simple to use and good payouts. good support too.

gl
A couple of years back, when I owned Square foot (dotcom) I was getting $150 to $400 per mo in parking income.

•••
you would be better to develop or at least make a mini site

google hates parking sites, and they make sure they are at the bottom of the pile

•••
There are still plenty of domainers making money parking but it's a totally different game these days to make good money with parking - they purchase domains specifically for their parking potential and not so much the resale potential. Those could be domains that used to be previously developed and still have lots of traffic from backlinks, typo domains or domains that infringe on trademarks.

The days that you could make a nice chunk of change with PPC on a random portfolio are over. If you have domains with resale potential that could sell to end-users it wouldn't be to wise imo to prevent these buyers from reaching out to you with an offer by population the landing page with advertisements or even worse, zero-click parking.

•••
I used to make $500+ p/month couple of years back by having 1000-1200 domains parked. With parking revenue declining all the time, I've changed to sales lander with contact form.

It would be nice to know if someone else making in 4 figures every month and can share some info about how it is still made and with how many domains.

That is like $0.5 a name per month which is nothing. Even a click would render 5 times that price in old days.

1.3 million domains using SEDO's dns. Someone is making money, probably not the domain owners.
Probably Sedo is minting money off the traffic too.

I made 3.2K USD from DS and 5.3K EUR in a single month back in Aug 2009 but now I have given up.
In the old day, I can simple re-register some expired domains and park them to make money. Those days are long gone.:xf.frown:

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg
Wow that is huge. Did you move to developing your names post this?
When did it exactly decline?
Was the decline a slow process or came at one go?

•••
yep... its a problem for sure.. confirmed publically by bodis at least.. I guess one could say we'd be making more money if blockers were not around... but.. I think that part of audience with blockers is still pretty negligable... meaning that main culprit for lower park revenues today is not ad blockers.. ;)

cheers

Not only the adblocker. new generation of young people have the ability to auto bypass the ads even adblocker is not installed.:xf.frown:

Anyway, Thanks for your screenshot.
Your earnings is 10 times more efficiency than me. Maybe I should try to parking my domains somewhere else

DS, 8k view , 478 click = $2.13+$3.13 Revenue
p1.jpg

Sedo, Last 12 month, 72K view, 10K click = 152 EUR
p2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Not only the adblocker. new generation of young people have the ability to auto bypass the ads even adblocker is not installed.:xf.frown:

Anyway, Thanks for your screenshot.
Your earnings is 10 times more efficiency than me. Maybe I should try to parking my domains somewhere else

DS, 8k view , 478 click = $2.13+$3.13 Revenue
p1.jpg

Sedo, Last 12 month, 72K view, 10K click = 152 EUR
p2.jpg

well the good news is.. that sedo is confirmed by most as being the worst company around... when comes to revenue.

parking crew is good too.. but I prefer bodis for interface and support

gl

•••
just park all yer names with bodis..they have nice inquiry form and big sale banner on top.. only.stupid or blind buyer can miss that.

u never know who will click when..and money is money.

for me I have 1k names... avg 150 to 200usd per month from bodis.

90% of it comes from maybe 20 names I bought cheap on np as revenue names few yrs ago...

but u miss nothing and can gain just to park all on bodis.

gl

•••
one of my .me got a $1.97 click

talk about excitement!

•••
I remember in 2003, people arguing development wasn't worth the trouble because you could net more with parking. Those days are long gone.

Last edited:
•••
I still bring in couple hundred a month.

•••
Not making a lot from parking but I usually earn low XXX each month with it. This same traffic about 10 years ago probably would've been making low XXXX each month as the click thru rates were much higher back then along with the average CPC as well.

•••
1.3 million domains using SEDO's dns. Someone is making money, probably not the domain owners.

•••
Surprised anyone makes any money with all the adblockers out there. I only ever see white pages for anyone with Sedo / Bodis / etc for their pages.

•••
Surprised anyone makes any money with all the adblockers out there. I only ever see white pages for anyone with Sedo / Bodis / etc for their pages.

yep... its a problem for sure.. confirmed publically by bodis at least.. I guess one could say we'd be making more money if blockers were not around... but.. I think that part of audience with blockers is still pretty negligable... meaning that main culprit for lower park revenues today is not ad blockers.. ;)

cheers

•••
•••
I have a domain with 200 UV per day, guess I should see what the PPC will be. Only way to know is to park it right?

•••
I have a domain with 200 UV per day, guess I should see what the PPC will be. Only way to know is to park it right?

i think you have some nice valuable names in your folio from what I saw in showcases etc.. so I think there is potential revenue there.. keep us posted

id go with bodis.. real simple to use and good payouts. good support too.

gl

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back