Domain Empire

question Parking & ad blockers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

I understand, parking revenues aren’t what they used to be; I take it, partially due to visitors using ad blockers.

That said, what’s the best parking company and/or platform, which offers for sale landers with “Make Offer” submissions, along with PPC monetizing, when visitors are using ad blockers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@alcy

Thanks for the mention. We'll start looking into each and every one of these next week when we get back from the Namescon conference.

I will say one thing - we already do get around the AdBlock Plus ad blocker (most popular one). The way it works is that currently we pay them (yes that's right, we pay them), to be whitelisted. They have a whitelisting program where they charge ad companies if they want to be whitelisted. It is called the 'Acceptable Ads Program'. If you notice in your AdBlockPlus options, you are by DEFAULT enrolled into the acceptable ads whitelisting.

While I doubt we can skirt around showing ads when blocked by the other ad blockers, we will work on at least showing the sale page and potentially the tier2 ads.

•••
@alcy

Thanks for the mention. We'll start looking into each and every one of these next week when we get back from the Namescon conference.

I will say one thing - we already do get around the AdBlock Plus ad blocker (most popular one). The way it works is that currently we pay them (yes that's right, we pay them), to be whitelisted. They have a whitelisting program where they charge ad companies if they want to be whitelisted. It is called the 'Acceptable Ads Program'. If you notice in your AdBlockPlus options, you are by DEFAULT enrolled into the acceptable ads whitelisting.

While I doubt we can skirt around showing ads when blocked by the other ad blockers, we will work on at least showing the sale page and potentially the tier2 ads.

thanks! I am sure many appreciate this info.

you must imagine how frustring and discomforting it is to entertain idea that a certain % of visitors are seeing nothing but a blank page... and from many posts not onmly on this thread, it seems to be a valid concern and a non negligable number. in domaining every lead does count... as do parking revenue visits no doubt.. so we always try to maximize those numbers.

few things:

- i like your idea of at least showing the sale banner when ads need to be blocked. I suppose this can be done, as ad blockers are meant for ad blocking. as name suggests. plus it does work at voodoo.. so this shows it can be done.

- please consider ensuring that redirect to your inquiry form bypassing ads page also can be independent of adblockers. much like the sale banner shoulid be. as of now, if adblocker blocks ads, it also blocks everything else on bodis.. including your inquiry form (auto redirect) or any other url or external maket redirect too. clerly this makes little sense.

- and yes, I did mention other park companies paying to get whitelisted and am aware of this. no one can force you to pay for somehting, but when you get to bottom of this maybe just maybe you will releaize you can make back and then some in the extra park revenue what you spend to whitelist yerself.

perhaps a most importnat first step would be to complie EXACT statistics as to how many visitors use adblockers... what kind of blockers ...which ones block ads... etc.. then go from there

meanwhile while u do it I hope you still can make sale banners and urls and inquiry form independant of ad blockers. thnaks again!!!

•••
Anything that is javascript can be blocked.
Disable javascript on your browser and visit your domain.
Alternatively you can look at html codes of the parking page: CTRL + U
Anything between <script ...... script> tags is javascript code.
If offer info or link to offer page is displayed by a javascript, it can be blocked later if it's not blocked as of now.

Last edited:
•••
Anything that is javascript can be blocked.
Disable javascript on your browser and visit your domain.
Alternatively you can look at html codes of the parking page: CTRL + U
Anything between <script ...... script> tags is javascript code.
If offer info or link to offer page is displayed by a javascript, it can be blocked later if it's not blocked as of now.
Interesting! I believe, when I tested Bodis example domains, I had JavaScript set to “Ask to activate”, which could be one of, or THE reason why even with ad blockers disabled, I was redirected to various online retail stores i.e. dell.com, mlbshop.com, realtor.com, fanatics.com, etc.

•••
Interesting! I believe, when I tested Bodis example domains, I had JavaScript set to “Ask to activate”, which could be one of, or THE reason why even with ad blockers disabled, I was redirected to various online retail stores i.e. dell.com, mlbshop.com, realtor.com, fanatics.com, etc.

Redirecting a visitor who disabled javascript is a simple process, even though my post above is not related to it. I know how to do it. Parking services should already know and implement it. You can't show ads to a visitor with disabled javascript -unless it's a text ad-, you can only redirect it. However, monetizing traffic without javascript is almost impossible especially if adblocker is enabled (adblocker + disabled javascript) for 2 or more reasons:

1- Ecommerce sites don't work without javascript. Their style will be broken (the page will be collapsed or vital elements -such as product image/price- will not be displayed) or checkout/cart systems will not work without javascript.
2- Adblockers can block redirection to most ecommerce sites, especially if the redirected URL has affiliate or tracking code. Adblockers can recognize those. I successfully redirected javascript disabled visitors on 2-3 of my domains with very high javascript disabled traffic to other domains/websites of my own. I was able, because my domains were not popular ecommerce sites which were blacklisted by adblockers. Of course, if you don't have access to server logs or if you don't use statistics providers like statcounter or piwik (analytics alternatives), you can't notice that traffic.

I believe more than 60% of visitors have adblockers installed. Most of those visits are hidden on traffic stats as well. Adblockers don't only block ads, block also traffic statistics. So, if a domain receives 100 visits per day while parking, you can add 200 hidden visits to the 100 with no adblocker, the total is likely 300 per day. It's possible to monetize that 200 visits especially if you have your own products to sell as adblockers hide mostly javascript codes of popular ad networks and statistics.

It's less likely to receive offers from parked domains. In other words, if you don't park, you can receive more offers. When you disable javascript you can be redirected or see blank page. I tested on parkingcrew, the page was blank. Perhaps I could be redirected. The same page displays the offer link even if adblockers enabled. But when I disable javascript the page shows nothing. This means the content is displayed by javascript, so is subject to be blocked by adblockers in the future. Remember, anything that is javascript can be blocked by adblockers.If it has not been blocked yet, it has not been added to their blacklist. So it's just a question of time and when it happens you may notice immediately. Also there are variety of adblockers and filter lists (blacklists) around.

If selling domain is more profitable than parking revenue, I would set up a landing page and forget about parking revenue completely or you can monetize your domains with your own ad codes if the traffic is good -even if the domain has not much real content- while you can surely receive offers with no doubt. Of course you should not use adsense on the domain with no real content. But adsense is not the only one ad network.

After reading this thread, I decided to offer low cost, unblockable, seo optimized, fast loading custom landing pages on the services section of this forum. I can help on monetizing the traffic as well or you can search "adsense alternatives" to learn other traffic monetization options. I can add the ad codes of your favorite ad networks to your landing pages. But I don't recommend placing ads if selling the domain is more important. Because displaying ads will not only lower number of offers but also will not generate good revenue if adsense is not possible due to lack of content or domain history (domains that were banned by adsense in the past) or domain itself (domain may breach the very strict adsense TOS by default, may have blacklisted words like p0rn).

So monetizing a domain without much traffic (e.g. 300+ visits per day) and much content (e.g. 10+ pages with minimum 500 words per page) is not worth to lose a possible offer, unless the domain is 15+ years old and/or with some quality baclinks. I am webmaster, developed some domains before that were worth. But most domains, like 99.99% or less, (9,999 out of 10k) are not worth to develop, I know about ad networks what I write above, because I am webmaster and partially domain developer for the last 15 years.

Last edited:
•••
You was redirected because ZeroClick is enabled at Bodis by default.
Disable it in your account settings.

•••
You was redirected because ZeroClick is enabled at Bodis by default.
Disable it in your account settings.
FWIW: If this was a reply to me, I don’t have a Bodis account.

•••
Then ZeroClick is activated per those domains you visited.

In my primary Bodis account it is disabled.
You may test for example: HAL.BIZ

•••
Last edited:
•••
..The above domain has good keywords so there should be a lot of advertisers, certainly not just 1.

Last edited:
•••
, you go to a bar
Nice graphics but I only see 1 ad on the page (I am not using an adblocker). Is that sufficient or is 10 ads more typical?

Thanks, the graphics are nice

maybe others may see more ads, prolly some may not see any.

..The above domain has good keywords so there should be a lot of advertisers, certainly not just 1.

yeah, I've had it a few years
as for number of ads:

say you go to a buffet and there is so much to choose from, you can't decide

then on other hand,
you go to a bar and all they got is hot wings

hopefully only offering the hot wings will make the visitor salivate and click. :)

imo...

•••
Good point.

Yesterday only 1 ad but today there's 10 very good ads?

P.S. Does the corner for sale notice work as well as a top orange bar?

Last edited:
•••
Good point.

Yesterday only 1 ad but today there's 10 very good ads?

P.S. Does the corner for sale notice work as well as a top orange bar?

Hi

I couldn't say which banner draws most attention, prolly cuz if I get inquiry..... never bother to go back and check the banner positions from the names that received interest. :)

the mind shifts to task at hand, which is responding or not, to that message.

but that may be something to note, for the future.

though speaking of that, I believe all my names at PC have same banner setting.
but most of the banner clicks there, seem to be bots

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back