IT.COM

Anyone remember Jesus.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone remember years ago when some guy owned jesus.com. He set up a site pretending to be jesus, he owuld walk around in a Jesus costume and take pictures of people. I thought it was hilarious. If he wasn't sued (and I don't know how someone could sue him), I bet he made a killing on the domain name.

Whatever happened to that guy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That guy was my hero. Not sure what happened to him though.

•••
Maybe he sold the domain an bought an apartment at new your! Just my 2 cents@

•••
His site is at datejesus.com now. What a nutcase. He said he wouldn't sell Jesus.com for less than $10 million, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's extremely wealthy now.

•••
-RJ- said:
His site is at datejesus.com now. What a nutcase. He said he wouldn't sell Jesus.com for less than $10 million, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's extremely wealthy now.

LoL thats the guy. Thanks for the link.

10 mil huh? I bet he got it.

•••
So maybe he was not that crazy after all :)

Hmmm, might be a new marketing strategy .... Find some domain ( eg a colour and a fruit ) walk round for a year or two with a costume on, get the publicity then sell the domain :)

Oooops,maybe I am too late ... Just went to see if I could register an example and all these were taken :

RedBanana.com
PurpleStrawberry.com
GreenOrange.com
YellowApple.com
BlueTangerine.com
GreyGrape.com
GoldPear.com

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

All the best

Richard

•••
•••
DomainSage said:
So maybe he was not that crazy after all :)

Hmmm, might be a new marketing strategy .... Find some domain ( eg a colour and a fruit ) walk round for a year or two with a costume on, get the publicity then sell the domain :)

Oooops,maybe I am too late ... Just went to see if I could register an example and all these were taken :

RedBanana.com
PurpleStrawberry.com
GreenOrange.com
YellowApple.com
BlueTangerine.com
GreyGrape.com
GoldPear.com

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

All the best

Richard

LOL!

•••
I remember that site. Glad it's no longer there.

•••
deet said:
Read -RJ- post.
Jesus' new site is at datejesus.com ;)

•••
deet said:

I agree because GOD is not something to be playing with >:o

•••
The-YoungLat said:
Are Jesus and God the same thing?

•••
fonzie_007 said:
The-YoungLat said:
Are Jesus and God the same thing?

In some religions, yes. But let's not get into that debate please.

•••
Jesus.com? I thought that would of had bible storys on and stuff like that. :P

•••
-RJ- said:

He's probably so much of a nutcase he let it expire !! - If I had $10 for every person that said I looked like jesus I'd have a few million too !! :lol: and NO, I don't wear a white robe !!!

•••
......and just as an FYI, someone did in fact reg dategod.com..... awright, fess up, which one of yous did it.... hehe.

•••
Can't resist any longer. My $0.02 -- take a look on the current jesus.com redirects to. <comments deleted by hark>

•••
Ya gotta wonder how much that went for?

•••
That one was even better than Nissan.com I guess i would have sold out eventually as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back