IT.COM

Anyone knows register.it or strato.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tommy2004

Established Member
Impact
I want to transfer my domain out of doteasy.com to some other cheaper place. It will expire pretty soon. So, I went through some of threads on this site, and I found out register.it and strato.com are both giving lowest price for domain register/ transfer. I had browsed both sites.

Basically, register.it is owned by italian and it offer only 0,45 € for domain transfer. Its the cheapest I found so far. But, some of the pages on their site is in italian language. which I don't understand at all. When I contacted them through live chat, they chat with me in italian since they can't chat in English. This is the only way to contact them since there is no email address available for me to contact them. From the reply on some threads, I get to know that their promos are only for EU residents. But, I'm not from EU. I'm wondering whether register.it only serve the customers from EU or not.

On the other hand, strato.com is owned by german and it offer USD 0.96 for domain transfer. I already sent an email to them two days ago to ask more about domain transfer. Till now I am still waiting for their reply.

So, I want you guys to help me reviewing register.it and/or strato.com. If you know anything about them, pls let me know. I can save a few bucks if one of them is really reliable.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I want to transfer my domain out of doteasy.com to some other cheaper place. It will expire pretty soon. So, I went through some of threads on this site, and I found out register.it and strato.com are both giving lowest price for domain register/ transfer. I had browsed both sites.

Basically, register.it is owned by italian and it offer only 0,45 € for domain transfer. Its the cheapest I found so far. But, some of the pages on their site is in italian language. which I don't understand at all. When I contacted them through live chat, they chat with me in italian since they can't chat in English. This is the only way to contact them since there is no email address available for me to contact them. From the reply on some threads, I get to know that their promos are only for EU residents. But, I'm not from EU. I'm wondering whether register.it only serve the customers from EU or not.

On the other hand, strato.com is owned by german and it offer USD 0.96 for domain transfer. I already sent an email to them two days ago to ask more about domain transfer. Till now I am still waiting for their reply.

So, I want you guys to help me reviewing register.it and/or strato.com. If you know anything about them, pls let me know. I can save a few bucks if one of them is really reliable.
Go to register.it and scroll down to the very end of the homepage. There you will find an english flag :xf.wink:

•••
Go to register.it and scroll down to the very end of the homepage. There you will find an english flag :xf.wink:

check this link and there is no english flag

offerte.register.it/promotions_rules.php

•••
•••
@tommy2004 , if you are asking about only translation of this page then use Google Chrome Browser and click the Google Translation Icon:

upload_2017-4-16_9-22-5.png

Also all page here:

upload_2017-4-16_9-23-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-16_9-20-27.png
    upload_2017-4-16_9-20-27.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 50
•••
I know there is english flag on their main page. But, when I check their promotion rules page, I can't find any english flag. I'm not allowed to post url link here, but the following is actually the link of the page. Just add http at the front. Pls go there see for yourself.

offerte.register.it/promotions_rules.php

•••
I'm not asking about translation since I can do this with google translate. But I want to know more about them. If you heard anything about them or else you did purchase anything from them, pls share with me any good or bad about them.. Pls no more advice on translation! Only post reply on what I am asking.

•••
It looks like register.it promo only for EU residents. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
•••
•••
So, it is confirmed that register.it is out. But, strato.com might be the one that I would transfer my domain to. Anyone knows anything about strato.com? I checked their terms and conditions, and it is opened for anybody to subscribe.

•••
So, it is confirmed that register.it is out. But, strato.com might be the one that I would transfer my domain to. Anyone knows anything about strato.com? I checked their terms and conditions, and it is opened for anybody to subscribe.
Anybody has experience with Strato? Plz share...

Last edited:
•••
damn it, doteasy.com has locked my domain, and then when I asked them to unlock it, this is what they reply me

"If you wished to transfer the domain, you would have the option of either renewing the domain with Doteasy for 1 year at US$15.00 to renew on the regular renewal rate and then transfer after 60 days, or if wanting to transfer right away before it expires could be setup for transfer services but there is a US$15.00 charge for this and a form to be filled out. Please let us know how you would like to proceed."

OMG, I wish I know about this hidden term before I subscribe for their domain with promo price. But, they hide it anyway from letting their customers know about this! This is not right!!!!!

•••
I think i will go for strato.com after my domain is expired at doteasy.com. My website is not popular at all, so I am not afraid somebody will be interested to buy this domain. I checked back strato.com and I found out that they also have this minimum contract duration for 12 months. I believe that they will hold me there for 12 months just like what doteasy.com did. Anyhow, their renewal fee per year is only USD8.40. So, the total fees for first and second subscription is only about USD9.36. I divide this figure by 2, then the actual yearly subscription is only USD4.68 which is far cheaper than other places.

•••
Any body used Strato? How are their services? Can we register names with them?

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
short reviews about Strato:
  • Cheap new regs and transfer price
  • Quick DNS updated
But
  • Hard and takes time to register
  • Difficult to manage the domains, need to ask support to do some simple functions
  • Cannot use custom Nameservers
  • Only Credit Card accepted

•••
Ho
short reviews about Strato:
  • Cheap new regs and transfer price
  • Quick DNS updated
But
  • Hard and takes time to register
  • Difficult to manage the domains, need to ask support to do some simple functions
  • Cannot use custom Nameservers
  • Only Credit Card accepted
How about Push and transfer out?

•••
Ho

Not sure about push domain but if you wanna transfer out, keep wait until the 61st day of the domain - it's because of ICANN transfer policy. Then, contact with Strato support via email, they will help.
Strato's support is quite slow but really nice and helpful, my individual opinion :D

•••
Ok..
Not sure about push domain but if you wanna transfer out, keep wait until the 61st day of the domain - it's because of ICANN transfer policy. Then, contact with Strato support via email, they will help.
Strato's support is quite slow but really nice and helpful, my individual opinion :D
Have you got some names with them?

•••
Ho

If you have used 1and1, you can expect a similar level of ease. They are the same brand. (Recommend waiting for a special at other registrars).

•••
Ok..

Have you got some names with them?
Register 1 new and transfer to Strato 1 name for my friend, looked around its panel and asked support team about the transfer out policy only.

•••
keep away from strato. You can't even set your own designated nameservers, and force to use their dns management which is for naked domain only, for setting x.domain.ext you need to buy extra service.

•••
keep away from strato. You can't even set your own designated nameservers, and force to use their dns management which is for naked domain only, for setting x.domain.ext you need to buy extra service.

I only want to have my .com domain with strato.com, but keeping my hosting with 1and1. I use cloudflare to resolve dns for this domain. So, is that mean I can't use cloudflare anymore if my domain is with strato?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back