Dynadot

Anyone here using Catchy.com or can comment on what they offer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Do you have experience with Catchy.com who runs and an ad on Namepros?

Seems to be a good service and nice website but there are some issues such as:

It appears to cost $360-year for each domain listed with logo and landing page but cost seems very high.

One year minimum length listing required.

Exclusive brokerage required at 15% commission paid right away from a required 20% sale down payment.

Does Exclusive mean if it sells somewhere else or from a direct email you still must pay commission?

Why the unusual requirement listed names must use whois privacy? I don't recall seeing that anywhere else.

P.S. It's ironic they only take 4 letter or shorter .com domains however they own url is contrarily 6 letters long.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I too, peeped the site

read thru the terms of service, "accepts" and such

then I copied all that and sent them a revision of it, thru their contact us link

the language had some flaws,

but I think the name catchy.com, is catchy

my senses say it's a franco site, but maybe not

:)

imo….

•••
very expensive but im sure worth it. I tried to buy a domain there once and minimum bids on names are $15000

•••
let me also say there are more than two domains on there I want also. lol.

•••
Do you have experience with Catchy.com who runs and an ad on Namepros?
It appears to cost $360-year for each domain listed with logo and landing page but cost seems very high.
Why the unusual requirement listed names must use whois privacy? I

Hi, namemarket, not sure if they ask 360 per year per domain...I notice they said 30 per domain...can u share me the detail link?

btw, the reason seller must whois privacy + u muse using their landing page, is because they want secure themself as the only one can know ur contact, otherwise, how they can got commission? end-user may bypass them to find u directly to make the deal...(I am not sure whether the contract allow u sell it youself, I suppose u can if u find enduser directly thru other way.....)

i noticed they buy AD exposure here...so, I can understand their operation fee is quite high, all those need pay from seller as well as the commission of the sells......

they have most nice name catchy.com, I think a lots of people use "catchy" to describe most great names..specially for 4L brandable., quite fit....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back