Dynadot

Anyone having issues with GoDaddy email validation?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have about 140 domains at Godaddy.

Only about 40 of those are verified because I am using my gmail for my whois contact, and I was able to get the verification email and just click through.

Approximately 100 are associated with an email address under one of my Godaddy registered domains. It is an email account hosted on their webmail server.

First they were instructing me to resend through some banners that were not showing up when I logged in.

Then they told me to go to the dns change page, and there should be a resend banner link there. I did that about 4 times and didnt get the validation email.

I have been going back and forth with GoDaddy customer service every day since last thursday and they keep giving me instructions.They are very slow on the response and I cant even change nameservers without verification on these domains.

I think the issue is with their webmail.

I have two of the unverified domains which are pending sales in the next day or so.

Anyone had any issues with this? Also anyone reccomend an email host for associating with this domain email. I plan to use it for business purposes and the godaddy email has been unreliable.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i couldn't the emaiul to go to my hotmail address for some reason..

•••

Not sure if this will work but try the following:

Go to "MyAccount"
Click to "Launch" Domains

Click every box [to the left] of all names "still pending"

With pending names checked hover your mouse on
the "nameservers" option at the top.

Choose "resend email verification" if it shows.
Access the email, click each to verify.

If it doesn't work, call GD CS 480.505.8877 and ask
the rep how to resend the verification email for the
names still pending. Or request s/he to help verify
over the phone.

Hope it helps.

•••
•••
It's annoying. I just had a domain pushed to my Godaddy account and had to click the link in the e-mail to verify my e-mail address. How will we know if the e-mail is legit or not? This won't be good in terms of security.

•••
As far as I know with the real emails you DON'T have to log in while if you are required to do so it's most likely a scam as, that way, they will steal your details.

•••

Not sure if this will work but try the following:

Go to "MyAccount"
Click to "Launch" Domains

Click every box [to the left] of all names "still pending"

With pending names checked hover your mouse on
the "nameservers" option at the top.

Choose "resend email verification" if it shows.
Access the email, click each to verify.

If it doesn't work, call GD CS 480.505.8877 and ask
the rep how to resend the verification email for the
names still pending. Or request s/he to help verify
over the phone.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for this. After about 4 support ticket exchanges, they finally directed me to try the "nameservers" method. It didnt show when i selected more than one domain, but it did work when I only select one of the "pending whoisverification" domains. However, when I click to resend the verification email, I never get the email.

I just changed the email on a domain to my gmail address, and tried the same thing, and the email was received instantly.

I even received an email from Godaddy at the old email address regarding the account change.

I don't understand. I'm to the point where i'm looking into moving my domain's email hosting to outlook or somewhere else to see if that will work, but I don't want to miss any emails i'm expecting in the transition.

•••
Hope it helps.

Thanks, that helped, also watch out for contact information for incoming transfers as Godaddy doesn't always convert accurate whois info..what a cluster f**k

•••

Happy to read it helped you both. Hopefully GD will get a handle on things soon.

•••
I did end up having to move my domain email hosting for that email account to outlook. I changed the associated email for that domain to my personal gmail temporarily so I could update mx records, then when I changed it back after configuring for outlook hosting, I got the email verification through the original domain contact email.

This allowed me to finally verify the email address and all of my domains are okay now.

Godaddy support kept telling me to do the same thing over and over for the last 3 or 4 days, then finally told me I had to change my email address for the domains, which was not an option because that is the email address I intend to use for domaining business.

I greatly appreciate your help RevolutionaryDomains

•••
Hmm that might be the case. I don't know, because I was already logged in when I clicked the link.

•••
For scammers this new ICANN change is a godsend. It is barely a week into the year and I have already received 3 phishing attempts to verify my email. Two of those were a .cn domain extension and one .com. Reported all 3, but it seems like reporting is pointless since they just move on and register other domains to scam from.

•••
I had do verify my email for Godaddy & Network Solutions but none of those emails asked me to log in so I think I am fine.

•••
If You Have Auto Renew on Your Domains at Go Daddy, Read This!

And don't assume your domains will actually auto-renew, unless you verify your email address!

This article is an eye-opener:

Scary stuff.

---------- Post added 01-08-2014 at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-07-2014 at 11:29 PM ----------

It's a pain in the butt, but I did discover a few domains with typos in the email address.

So the verification mail was going to (thank goodness) to an address at an unregistered domain.

All is corrected now.

I think that Go Daddy has handled this transition VERY poorly -- without warning and without clear instructions. I can't imagine how less experienced domain name owners are handling this. We have tools, forums, blogs to impart information to us, but Ma and Pa small biz owners are going to be hung out to dry and find themselves with unresolving domain names and businesses offline.

Shame on Go Daddy.

Is Domainmonster, Dynadot, and Dotster doing the verification process? If so, I have seen no evidence of it.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Via my rep and my and Go Daddy's Facebook pages:

Go Daddy has handled the new ICANN email verification process for domains VERY poorly -- without warning and without clear instructions. Most people I know assumed that the verification email was a phishing attempt and ignored it.

I don't remember hearing anything about this new verification, other than some vague posts on domain blogs months ago. Nothing direct from Go Daddy seems to have been sent out to domain holders that this change was afoot.

Moreover, there were no instructions on how to check for pending email verification status domains within the domain management panel itself, what to check for errors (in this case, contact/admin email), or even how to have emails resent. Via nameservers? Who knew...? I would have never guessed. I learned this from a domain blog, not Go Daddy.

This email verification is actually a good idea -- I found a few typo email addresses, but the implementation of it really leaves a lot to be desired.

I can't imagine how less experienced domain name owners are handling this. Domainers have industry tools, forums, and blogs for important information like this, but Ma and Pa small biz owners are going to be hung out to dry and find themselves with unresolving domain names and their businesses offline. The fall out from this could have a catastrophic effect on Go Daddy's bottom line.

Still not clear: how auto-renewal domains will be handled. According to Kickstart Commerce, auto renewals are NOT working correctly with pending verification domains or if all pending renewals go into email verification status. I still don't know:

http://www.kickstartcommerce.com/godaddy-domains-not-auto-renewing.html

Shame on Go Daddy for such a poor roll out of this ICANN policy. Please get it together and tell customers, in clear English, what they need to do to comply with ICANN regulations.

Feel free to copy and pass this along.

Go Daddy needs to get off its corporate tush and get this straightened out.

•••

Thus far, I have only received the new email verification from GoDaddy. However, once I confirmed the initial email, I have not received any additional verification requests from them. I have reg'd and renewed names since then, but have only received the standard automated purchase confirmations. Hopefully that is a sign things are getting back on track.

I agree. GD really blew it! They could have [and should have] handled this much better. I find it both surprising and disappointing, especially since they are typically ahead of the proverbial pack. With social networking and account notification systems in place, a proactive heads up could easily have been sent out to their entire customer base.

It's a moot point now, but hopefully everyone can move beyond it with little impact. Maybe GD will even learn how to better handle similar changes moving forward. Time will tell. That aside, thanks for the updates.

•••
I'm sure Go Daddy will fix that issue, especially if/when it's brought to their attention right away.

That issue is just the start for registrars that signed the 2014 ICANN-registrar agreement.

•••
Another screw up by the fine folks at ICAN'T!

•••
They're not bad folks, I just don't think they thought this through.

•••
I had a domain pushed to me the other day but did not notice the verification email.
So when I saw it yesterday in my email - I logged into Godaddy, it tells u that u have to verify the domain before using it.

- BUT -
It also gave me an option to "Resend Email" so I used that option and received a fresh Godaddy email in minutes.

That is how I will do it every time as I will not click on any of the others that have been in the email...
Pain in the ass but a lot safer IMHO

•••
The transfer of my domain OUT OF Godaddy was blocked. Godaddy is saying that i need to verify my email address first.

But when i clicked on the RESEND button, it says the email was resent but i'm not getting any emails. It's been hours. I contacted Godaddy, and their tech support couldn't figure out what is wrong with their email verification system. Argggh.

•••
The transfer of my domain OUT OF Godaddy was blocked. Godaddy is saying that i need to verify my email address first.

But when i clicked on the RESEND button, it says the email was resent but i'm not getting any emails. It's been hours. I contacted Godaddy, and their tech support couldn't figure out what is wrong with their email verification system. Argggh.

Go into your domain management panel and check your admin email to make sure it's correct (not a typo) or the email you intended to attach to the domain.

On my account, I found one email typo and one email I no longer use.

•••

When you call GoDaddy don't waste time talking with Tech Support. Instead, choose the option to talk with Customer Service about a "product issue or problem." I do not recall the option number at the moment, but they should be able to get the issue resolved within a single phone call. First, ensure the email associated with the domain name/s still pending is the same as the names already verified. Much of the issue for folks, including myself, was email inconsistencies.

•••

Apparently, you don't have to verify your email for each domain.

In other words, Go Daddy is simply verifying the email itself, that it is one that you are using for your domains.

If you change to a recognized email within your account, then you won't get the email verification.

But there is a flaw with this system: if it's a typo, someone else may get the verification email.

NOT GOOD!

Go Daddy needs to add an "Email Verification Pending" tab that pops up when you sign in to your account and need to verify some domains. I had to check my account manually, going through the list domain by domain.

Also, I still don't understand why the email resend button is under "Manage Nameservers."

???

•••
He he, you ought to suggest those to your account manager unless you already have.

•••
He he, you ought to suggest those to your account manager unless you already have.

Yes, I have. And on Facebook as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back