Domain Empire

advice Anyone Have any Great Advice for a Dog with Cancer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This is my buddy Bandit (aka My Shadow) and he has melanoma cancer in his mouth.
I found him digging in my trash can 9 years ago this Christmas and he has been spoiled every since.

607c4d43-3f5b-47d2-b3af-a9d3d343d005-original.jpg

He has had cancer now for about 5 months and it has got worse.
We have had one surgery already to remove the first large tumor in his mouth of the top of his tongue and now there is a much bigger one under his tongue.

We are seeing the vet again today to see about another surgery.

We have him on the following,

Palladia
B17 Amygdalin
CBC Oil
Turmeric
Vitamin C
Milk Thistle
And an all natural home cooked diet.

Nothing is working :xf.frown:

Has anyone had any luck with cancer with their dogs?

Why do dogs have to get all the illnesses we humans get? I hate it! :xf.frown:

This here use to be 4 of my kids, all spoiled with love and a life of soft beds and plenty of carpet to lay on :xf.grin:

My precious white female pit I had since she was 8 weeks old died at 10 years old of cancer 2 years ago :xf.cry:
My Siberian Husky I found when she darted out in front of my car I had for 7 years and she died 2 1/2 years ago from Lupus :xf.cry:
My Black Lab who I found when I also almost ran him over in 10 years ago and is still here (y)

9da6ae5b-40ca-4677-b2d9-6b43eee68ca3-original.jpg

These videos also have my 17 year old baby girl :xf.love:, she was a Pit/Dingo she had dementia the last year of her life :xf.frown:

I am desperate at this stage so any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you all
Len

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@lennco Thanks for your kind words about my sweet boy!

Sending love and prayers your way, that everything goes perfect with whichever treatment you decide on, and that Bandit will beat this!

Please keep us updated if you can.

•••
humans and dogs get something like cancer because the foods we eat today are no longer natural.. they are overprocessed.. to the point of no longer ressembling anything our bodies can recognize... then because we did this to foods, we add artificial falvor and color so at least it passes the test of our taste buds... and goes in... else we'd spit it right out that's how disgusting it is.. but make no mistake, it is POISON. and you might as well just eat dirt, or wood chips or paper, add some spices to it.. in fact, eating dirt is probably healthier than thee foods.

same goes for what we feed our beloved animal friends. their so called dried foods are nothing more than overheated and overprocesed poison. which of course, just like humans, their bodies are able to deal with for a while, cause they have no choice, but after some years.. for some soon than later, humans or dogs, the effects pile up.. and we call them cancer or some other thing.

its hard to combat it once it happens. but its definitely worth thinking about and taking into consideration for poeple or animals you love.. before they get to this stage.

this is hard to accept and digest for a truth... but so is watching our beloved friends perish.

all the best.

Long time ago my friend gave me a link to a Canadian (female) veterinarian who tests all the dog/cat food on the North American market (can't find the website now). So I searched for a different food for our dogs (smaller bread) something I won't have to order online but in the local shops, and the only fairly good and also affordable dog food I found was Pure Balance. You can buy it even on Walmart, a 24 lb. bag for about 30 bucks. Will attach a picture.

German Shepherds in North America are known for hips problems. For the reason many German Shepherds for the K9 police force are breaded and trained here in Czech Republic. I don't have any experiences with dog's cancer so I can't advice, but I hope the OP will find a way to make him better.

Attachments

• Pure Balance.JPG
    Pure Balance.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
•••
Thanks, I will.
It really is a simple process, just have to be very careful
But the benefits are huge.
You can find positive stories all over the net.

This is it,

I would to use RSO but I can't as it's illegal in germany

my results with the legal hemp extract I can get here
are good enough to be sure that this RSO is working

my dosis of 6.9 mg CBD-A twice a day has improved the
my dogs life a lot already

PM me if you know a solution ..

Frank

•••
•••
I am Happy to report that I didn't blow myself up (y)
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated :xf.grin:

So now my dog Bandit is officially a stoner.
We will see if he improves any in the next week or two.
My plan now is to make suppositories with rso and coco butter and give them to him.

Here is a lady who says she cured her dogs cancer with rso in a few weeks.

Happy New Year everybody!

Last edited:
•••
Happy New Year!!! Glad to hear you’re good! Wishing you and your baby the best! Blessings for 2019!

•••
Happy New Year!!! Glad to hear you’re good! Wishing you and your baby the best! Blessings for 2019!
Thanks vwblubug (y)

Well Bandit has had 2 days of rso so far and I had to give it to him orally until his suppository molds come in this Friday.
Because I cant make his suppositories yet I have to give it to him orally right now and he gets really stoned, so we monitor him very closely.

Once I start giving it to him in a suppository he wont get stoned anymore, just sleepy.
I have found someone who does sell rso so I might try theirs and if works I wont have to make it anymore.

Here is a video on how to make rso suppositories.

•••
Just a quick update.

Bandit is about the same. Except he has a really bad drooling problem due to a swollen salivary gland and that has us concerned

I have switched to really high THC RSO and up'd his RSO dosage to 1/3rd gram twice a day.
Plus he is on Turmeric, Vetprofen, Vitamin C, Antibiotics and new medicine for his drooling.
And we give him an IV of fluids everyday.

He acts fine, runs around that backyard very happy go lucky but I still don't see any improvement yet of the cancer but he is not getting worse either, he has had cancer now for at least 6 months.

We will see (y)

•••
Thank you for the update! So glad to know he is happy and being himself😊 You’re a great doggy dad!

•••
•••
Been following this thread with sadness and interest and I hope the best for Bandit, but from your description it doesn't look good. I must say that I'm shocked at the amount of money you have to pay for vets, treatments and meds.

It's so much cheaper here. I also have a Bandit, called "Bandido". He's 15 years old and never been to a vet. And then there's "Caramelo" the cat that's 13 years old. Never been to the vet either, except for once when he was about 2 years old, to remove a badly damaged eye after what I assume was a cat fight. They are both still extremely healthy and very active.

Only about 10% of the food that both of them eat is dry processed food (which I don't really trust as being healthy for them) The other 90% is food that I prepare for them, with the meats being either raw or very lightly cooked.

Here are Bandido and Caramelo after photobombing one of Usain Bolt's fantastic Olympic wins...
upload_2019-1-20_2-4-22.png

Last edited:
•••
Been following this thread with sadness and interest and I hope the best for Bandit, but from your description it doesn't look good. I must say that I'm shocked at the amount of money you have to pay for vets, treatments and meds.

It's so much cheaper here. I also have a Bandit, called "Bandido". He's 15 years old and never been to a vet. And then there's "Caramelo" the cat that's 13 years old. Never been to the vet either, except for once when he was about 2 years old, to remove a badly damaged eye after what I assume was a cat fight. They are both still extremely healthy and very active.

Only about 10% of the food that both of them eat is dry processed food (which I don't really trust as being healthy for them) The other 90% is food that I prepare for them, with the meats being either raw or very lightly cooked.

Here are Bandido and Caramelo after photobombing one of Usain Bolt's fantastic Olympic wins...
Show attachment 107623
Thanks (y)

You're right Vets here are soooooo expensive :rage:
They used to be cheap before 25yrs ago but now they are right up there with all healthcare :greedy:

I would say in the past 15yrs we have spent somewhere around $20k in vet bills on all of our dogs.

That's 2 cancers, 1 Kidney failure, 1 Lupus, 1 Bronchitis, 1 Dementia, 1 Paralysis, 1 with bad knees, 1 Thyroid problem, not too mention all the blood work, shots, doctor visits and so on :banghead:

But hey, when they look up at you with that help me look in their eyes what else can you do? :xf.love:

•••
Thanks (y)

You're right Vets here are soooooo expensive :rage:
They used to be cheap before 25yrs ago but now they are right up there with all healthcare :greedy:

I would say in the past 15yrs we have spent somewhere around $20k in vet bills on all of our dogs.

That's 2 cancers, 1 Kidney failure, 1 Lupus, 1 Bronchitis, 1 Dementia, 1 Paralysis, 1 with bad knees, 1 Thyroid problem, not too mention all the blood work, shots, doctor visits and so on :banghead:

But hey, when they look up at you with that help me look in their eyes what else can you do? :xf.love:
Not everyone can afford that kind of expense. To give you an example of what I paid to get my cat's badly damaged eye removed and to get neutered so as to reduce his urge to go out and get involved in more cat fights + staying overnight at the vet + several subsequent visits to see how he was progressing + to remove puss and then the stitches--- Total cost: €200 Euros.

How much would the same operations cost there? Just like you, I'm a sucker for animals. Our next door neighbors 2 female cats have for the past year decided to emigrate to and have kittens on our garden. So now we have 6 cats and one dog to have fun with! They probably preferred our food!

Just have to walk carefully when it's their feeding time so I don't step on them!

So how is your "Bandido" doing?

Last edited:
•••
To have treated your cat's eye here would have easily been $1k - $2k

I love cats, I used to have my cat Seska :xf.love:
She literally walked in my apartment back in 1985 full grown and pregnant, I had her for 15 years when she died in 2000 :xf.frown:

My Bandit still acts great but the tumor is so big now in his mouth that he is having a really hard time chewing and swallowing so we are now hand feeding him small bites of food.

We took him to the vet yesterday for blood work on his kidneys for another surgery and that was $80 just for the one test.
We are waiting to hear the results, if they are good we are going to have another surgery to remove the tumor from his mouth so he can eat.
This surgery will run another $1k+

We will see what happens.

•••
Not everyone can afford that kind of expense. To give you an example of what I paid to get my cat's badly damaged eye removed and to get neutered so as to reduce his urge to go out and get involved in more cat fights + staying overnight at the vet + several subsequent visits to see how he was progressing + to remove puss and then the stitches--- Total cost: €200 Euros.

Around here - neuter about $500 (with anesthesia) not sure about eye removal, hopefully done at same time as neuter. Overnight vet stay - $1000, especially if they're post surgical, IV's, etc. Subsequent visits - usually free to remove stitches, regular visit charge for the rest. Just a guess, I'd say around 1.5-2k.

I spent about $15K on one dog 2017-2018. Very good vets and very good care, but crazy. Got some of it back from insurance, but just with like people, the lower the premium the more out-of-pocket (sigh).

Hope Bandit's tumor can be removed.

Last edited:
•••
We took him to the vet yesterday for blood work on his kidneys for another surgery and that was $80 just for the one test.
We are waiting to hear the results, if they are good we are going to have another surgery to remove the tumor from his mouth so he can eat.
This surgery will run another $1k+

We will see what happens.
Very sad to hear this... Hope for the best!

•••
Around here - neuter about $500 (with anesthesia) not sure about eye removal, hopefully done at same time as neuter. Overnight vet stay - $1000, especially if they're post surgical, IV's, etc. Subsequent visits - usually free to remove stitches, regular visit charge for the rest. Just a guess, I'd say around 1.5-2k.

I spent about $15K on one dog 2017-2018. Very good vets and very good care, but crazy. Got some of it back from insurance, but just with like people, the lower the premium the more out-of-pocket (sigh).

Hope Bandit's tumor can be removed.
Thanks (y)

I was quoted for a 3 day 2 night stay in order to give him IV fluids continuously to help his kidneys would be $1700
Instead we ordered the IV fluids from Chewy for just $10 a 1000ml bag (1 bag a day) plus the line for $7

Do it yourself medical care :xf.wink:

•••

Yes he was neutered (vets suggestion) at the same time as eye removal. That was about 9 years ago.

6 weeks ago, I had the neighbors 2 female cats (that have migrated to our house) spayed, which cost €120 Euros each, including medication for 10 days and any subsequent visit (which wasn't necessary)

6 weeks ago, I also had the 2 young males neutered... cost: €75 Euros each, including medication and any subsequent visit.

Total cost for those 4 operations including meds: €390 Euros... aprox. $445 USD

Still have one female (4 months old) to go and it's done!

I can only imagine what those 4 operations would cost me in the US....

•••
Yes he was neutered (vets suggestion) at the same time as eye removal. That was about 9 years ago.

6 weeks ago, I had the neighbors 2 female cats (that have migrated to our house) spayed, which cost €120 Euros each, including medication for 10 days and any subsequent visit (which wasn't necessary)

6 weeks ago, I also had the 2 young males neutered... cost: €75 Euros each, including medication and any subsequent visit.

Total cost for those 4 operations including meds: €390 Euros... aprox. $445 USD

Still have one female (4 months old) to go and it's done!

I can only imagine what those 4 operations would cost me in the US....
Here those 4 operations would have been over $1k easy

Update: Just got off the phone with the vet.
Bandit's kidney proteins are back to normal YEAH!!! (y)(y):xf.grin:

So we have an appointment to see her tomorrow morning for a pre-surgery exam to see if she is able to do the surgery, his tumor cold be too big for her to cut out.
If she thinks to remove it will cause too much blood loss or she cant stitch him up she will not do the surgery :xf.frown:

Wish us luck! (y)

•••

So we have an appointment to see her tomorrow morning for a pre-surgery exam to see if she is able to do the surgery, his tumor cold be too big for her to cut out.
If she thinks to remove it will cause too much blood loss or she cant stitch him up she will not do the surgery :xf.frown:

Wish us luck! (y)
Good Luck!!!
clear.png
(y)

•••

Wish us luck! (y)

Fingers crossed!!! We have a vet surgeon here who's simply amazing and has successfully done surgeries other vets refuse to do. She's the one who gave my dog another year and the one other vets use - wish I could ship her out to you, but hopefully your vet can handle it and all will go well.

•••
Good Luck!!!
clear.png
(y)

Fingers crossed!!! We have a vet surgeon here who's simply amazing and has successfully done surgeries other vets refuse to do. She's the one who gave my dog another year and the one other vets use - wish I could ship her out to you, but hopefully your vet can handle it and all will go well.
Thanks guys (y)

I wish I had your vet, mine doesn't seem so sure :unsure:
But we will see

•••
Happy to hear about the proteins, Prayers and well wishes for Bandit! Hoping all is a go for the surgery

•••
Thanks guys (y)

I wish I had your vet, mine doesn't seem so sure :unsure:
But we will see

Like most physicians most vets are also worried by liabilities arising out of their practice, at this Stage if you believe that you can trust your vet and that she really cares about your dog you might want to indicate to her that you are willing to release her from all liabilities as long as she promises to treat your dog as if it was her own. Although she is still required to adhere to the good practice guidelines for veterinarians, but at least she won't have to worry about getting sued by you and that might free up her hand to do more for your dog, but you have to be willing to accept the outcome regardless of which way it goes and just be satisfied knowing that your vet did her best to help. IMO

Hope everything goes well with the surgery,

•••
surgery will most likely make the cancers spread metasthases

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back