Dynadot

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I already tried but somebody beat me to it in mid-february this year.. lol

Wow, I didnt even look that one up, lol.

Good Luck to you w/your site, that was a cool video btw.

I care. And I think many others do too. this is a forum for like minded people. If i think that someone is headed way in the wrong direction and making Mr Parsons even richer than he currently is, I will offer my TWO CENTS -which means - hey, this is just my opinion...take it or leave it.

Also, this thread falls under the "Domain name DISCUSSION" sub-forum. Hopefully that means that people with different opinions on a particular topic can voice their opinion whilst still keeping it polite. Sometimes that is difficult (believe me), but in the end I don't think anyone is out to show you up...rather to give you a guiding hand.

All the best mate!:wave:

Excellent Post Millers. Repped.

Aside from his early TM mistakes,
Ya have to admire Froy's passion though. Damn!

. nothing ventured nothing gained.
Exactly! :)

To everyone else here...
What do you think about this one?

3D / Membership-com

I'm sure that with the live online gaming Communities,
there will be official 3D memberships to join/subscribe to...???

Last edited:
•••
Here is a full blown 3D website glasses needed

3d movies
That is the oldschool 1980's cheesy 3D for the red and blue paper glasses. That is not the new Avatar style 3D that requires circularly polarized lenses and special projector screens or monitors.

How did he get so many Sony links ?
It's called domain parking.

You change your DNS and the parking company helps you profit from typeins and residual traffic from prior development. The links are automatically generated by the parking system.

•••
I don't have any anger or negativity to the people who are making ridiculous claims in the thread... Just the fact of what they are saying shows that they have NO CLUE about domain names, or the domain market in general....But thinking that a new reg is going to bring in a million dollar sale is akin to thinking a piece of coal is the hope diamond...

To find out what domains REALLY sell for, start with DNJournal.com and Namebio.com... You'll find that the list of domains that sell for BIG money aren't part of some gimmick, they are always one word generics (like Sex.com, business.com, etc)... 2 and 3 word domains don't sell for this kind of money unless you are talking about a domain like Creditcards.com...

It's nice to dream, but for me, I like to have one foot planted in reality when I dream... Otherwise , you might as well just say your domains will sell for TRILLIONS of dollars, that's about as likely as them selling for millions....

I agree that's why I bought

eyes3d
wigs3d
bags3d
ceo3d
lips3d

All .coms

•••
Great thoughts, at this moment, I agree 100%.

In the future though I guess it really would have to be based on the amount of 3D programming that will be accepted/pushed from the Major Studio's. Remember when all tv's were only analog, not too long ago right? They said, one day tv will all be in digital, and if your tv isn't digital ready, then you will have to get a converter box. Seemed like that warning went on for 4-5 years. Well, it is finally here.
How about HD? Remember they said HD will be alll over our tv's one day, well it really is now.

I guess if 3D becomes a true viewing experience similar to the ones we have seen lately then 3D tv will be bigger than 3D gaming...???
It doesn’t matter what the medium is whether it’s blu-ray, 3d TV, or holographic technologies of the future, people are still going to spend a limited amount of time watching things in 3d (at least till they go away with those glasses), and even then it’s going to be only on certain occasions. 3d on the other hand could become the norm for those who play video games all the time. IMO

-

•••

3D / Membership-com
Grace delete.

Consider that HDmembership.com is available for regfee. HDTV is here, and it is huge. Yet nobody wanted that domain. So it seems that even in a best case sceneario for 3D, yours wouldn't fair any better.

•••
There are no 4G movies or 4G websites. It means storage when you buy a phone is the first thing you think about is storage?
The "G" in 3G/4G etc refers to mobile phone system generations, not storage. 3G is characterized by data transmission rates that excited many people, but that excitement did not ignite values of related domain names. It's clear that nothing will shake your confidence in the present and future value of 3dmobilenetwork.com, so I'll share some good news. Mind share is growing exponentially. Google serp count is up 33% (from 3 to 4) for the phrase "3d mobile network" as a result of this thread. At this rate, "3d mobile network" will blow past related topics like "3d garbage can" (serp = 10,200) and overwhelm public consciousness in no time flat.

•••
It doesn’t matter what the medium is whether it’s blu-ray, 3d TV, or holographic technologies of the future, people are still going to spend a limited amount of time watching things in 3d (at least till they go away with those glasses), and even then it’s going to be only on certain occasions. 3d on the other hand could become the norm for those who play video games all the time. IMO

-

Yeah, the glasses are 3D's biggest battle to overcome.
I think a year or 2 ago during the SuperBowl they hyped The 3D Halftime show, and all the local stores, passed out those red, and blue crappy paper glasses. It really sucked, and actually bothered my eyes. But after seeing Avatar, with "those" new glasses for almost 2-1/2 hours they really didn't affect me. I plan on taking the kids to see Alice in Wonderland 3D Imax, this weekend, and hopefully they are using the same Avatar type 3D Glasses.

Grace delete.

Consider that HDmembership.com is available for regfee. HDTV is here, and it is huge. Yet nobody wanted that domain. So it seems that even in a best case sceneario for 3D, yours wouldn't fair any better.

Thanks for your opinion dubDubDubDot,

I like your HD example.
I tried researching somewhat similar membership type addresses and my findings really didn't help me too much.

TivoMembership - redirected to Tivo
XM Membership - Nothing
Sirius Membership - Nothing

Yeah, grace delete is always still an option for me.
My registration pride won't get in the way of me getting my $8.00 back if it seems like a big dud, lol

•••
To everyone else here...

3D / Membership-com

I'm sure that with the live online gaming Communities,
there will be official 3D memberships to join/subscribe to...???
If you can get half the 3d fans on this thread to subscribe then you might have something there. :)

•••
If you can get half the 3d fans on this thread to subscribe then you might have something there. :)

:lol:

Stranger things have happened.

•••
I agree that's why I bought

eyes3d
wigs3d
bags3d
ceo3d
lips3d

All .coms
Same story as above. The HD versions are all available for regfee except for CEO.

If nobody wanted eyesHD, wigsHD, bagsHD or lipsHD, then why would they want the 3D version even at critical mass of 3D?

I have noticed from your posts that you like to put 3D at the end of your keywords. It belongs at the beginning. HDeyes, HDwigs, HDbags and HDceo are all taken interestingly enough.

But......

3Deyes ... 2002 and developed
3Dwigs ... 2003 and developed
3Dbags ... 2002
3Dceo ... 2008
3Dlips ... available

Which is very ironic since you told me earlier that *I* was late to the 3D party.

•••
Yeah, the glasses are 3D's biggest battle to overcome.

They have the tvs that don't need glasses made by Intel (video). Was posted before but definitely needs a repost :)

•••
•••
Same story as above. The HD versions are all available for regfee except for CEO.

If nobody wanted eyesHD, wigsHD, bagsHD or lipsHD, then why would they want the 3D version even at critical mass of 3D?

I have noticed from your posts that you like to put 3D at the end of your keywords. It belongs at the beginning. HDeyes, HDwigs, HDbags and HDceo are all taken interestingly enough.

But......

3Dbags ... 2002
3Dceo ... 2008
3Dlips ... available

Which is very ironic since you told me earlier that *I* was late to the 3D party.

I prefer the 3d in the begining of the word but I do have a good amount of domains with the 3d at the end also. It seems a good bit of 3d marketing is putting the 3d at the end. It all depends on the product of course but as far as key words and the search engines it is still good to have a strong key word with 3d at the end.

•••

But......

3Dbags ... 2002
3Dceo ... 2008
3Dlips ... available

I second that DubDub..

IMO the 3D belongs at the begining of the domain name. In most of the names being registerd 3d is being used as an adjective. (The part of speech used to limit or describe the noun or pronoun it modifies, as in "blue coat.")

Just as if it were a color we were talking about.. What sounds better... BlueHouse or HouseBlue? YellowFlower or FlowerYellow, BlackSmoke or SmokeBlack? IMO the 3D term should preced the noun that it is describing.

And Froy.. .. seriously give this some thought man.. What would Lips3d.com be used for? Seriously are they making 3D lipstick or something?
...... For real.. think about potential.. not just the fact that you can combine the "3D" term with a popular word..

Maybe the reg. fee's are miniscule to you and you have lots of money to blow.. If thats the case.. reg. away man.. the more bad 3D names on the market, the better the good names will look! If you are not rich, and living on a limited budget.. I would suggest you stop registering names asap because you are heading for a world of regret.. We've all been there at some point in time and most of us are only trying to help guide you in the right direction.

You will learn.....

Last edited:
•••
OK,

One more point to bring up for discussion here, before I hang my head low on my 3d / Membership-com.

I just searched a much more relative membership type term...XBoxMembership
The com is not regged, no big deal, (I'm kinda surprised it's not, and not re-directed to their main XBox Live Subscripton page like Tivo did). There were 720 exacts for xbox membership last month. Don't you think 90% of the people who typed in that specific term, looking to sign up for a membership, and spend money??? Plus that term has about 6 ad's, Businesses willing to pay money for anyone who searches that term. Now of course I am speculating that 3D memberships whether they be Gaming, Movies/Shows, Anime, Web Design Companies, Live Concerts, Sports Events, etc. will have to rival some online subscripton Company as large as XBox Live Gaming, who knows?

I just wanted to throw that out there too.

Ok, I'm ready for it...lol

Thanks.

•••
•••
There were 720 exacts for xbox membership last month. Don't you think 90% of the people who typed in that specific term, looking to sign up for a membership, and spend money???
Yes, I think it's safe to say that a high percentage of "Xbox membership" searches will eventually result in an XBox Live membership being sold.

However, if there is a 3D membership site of some kind it probably won't just be called 3D. It will have a regular company name. So owning 3Dmembership is comparable to owning GameMembership (reg'ed in 2008) or VideoGameMembership (reg'ed in 2009).

•••
This is the most ridiculous post
Who said my domains would fetch over 5 million on Ebay?
Ebay is a joke when it comes to selling domains
Just looks at the completed sales there is about 3 out of 1000 listings that sold.
I post on Ebay to get these names in front of people to start setting the market at least in my mind.
my international3dtv which I have listed on ebay will be worth more than 125k in a few years
But its fun to see it there and I will remember when this offer was passed up and be glad it was.
It only cost me 40 cents to list it. I would suggest everyone putting there names up for high prices to start setting the trend,

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Than find another one
All the best

The best part about the internet is, it never forgets...

One of two things will happen here.... You will eventually 'get it' on domain names, how they work, how they're valued, how people transact in them- then you will look back on these posts you're making here and feel pretty embarrassed, not just because you were new and totally clueless (everyone was, once), but because you were new, totally clueless but obstinate about it.

The other possibility is that you just never get it (which is a real possibility with someone like you, since your pig-headedness prevents you from learning)... You keep lighting money on fire from your working wages, taking positions with a massively negative expectation- 1,000,000-1 odds to buy a shot a a possible payout of 1000-1- and writing it off as "lottery tickets" even though the lottery offers you substantially better odds than the names you're buying ever turning profit.

Last edited:
•••
OK,

One more point to bring up for discussion here, before I hang my head low on my 3d / Membership-com.

I just searched a much more relative membership type term...XBoxMembership
The com is not regged, no big deal, (I'm kinda surprised it's not, and not re-directed to their main XBox Live Subscripton page like Tivo did). There were 720 exacts for xbox membership last month. Don't you think 90% of the people who typed in that specific term, looking to sign up for a membership, and spend money??? Plus that term has about 6 ad's, Businesses willing to pay money for anyone who searches that term. Now of course I am speculating that 3D memberships whether they be Gaming, Movies/Shows, Anime, Web Design Companies, Live Concerts, Sports Events, etc. will have to rival some online subscripton Company as large as XBox Live Gaming, who knows?

I just wanted to throw that out there too.

Ok, I'm ready for it...lol

Thanks.
With some newly registered domains it’s kind of difficult to say for sure whether they have any future potentials or not, but now that you got this you have one year to research that and then decide if you want to keep it or not. IMO

-

•••
Was browsing through some 3d names to reg and came across a few of interest. I would buy them, but I made a decision to sit on the ones I have already, so feel free to reg these yourself. They should be reasonable domains.

423d.com
503d.com
323dtv.com (could be a good one)
503dtv.com
523dtv.com
26inch3dtv.com
32inch3dtv.com
42inch3dtv.com
50inch3dtv.com
52inch3dtv.com

If you change the above "3d" and in its place look for lcd, you will get an idea of potential future searches for these terms. Check google exact

•••
•••
The best part about the internet is, it never forgets...

One of two things will happen here.... You will eventually 'get it' on domain names, how they work, how they're valued, how people transact in them- then you will look back on these posts you're making here and feel pretty embarrassed, not just because you were new and totally clueless (everyone was, once), but because you were new, totally clueless but obstinate about it.

The other possibility is that you just never get it (which is a real possibility with someone like you, since your pig-headedness prevents you from learning)... You keep lighting money on fire from your working wages, taking positions with a massively negative expectation- 1,000,000-1 odds to buy a shot a a possible payout of 1000-1- and writing it off as "lottery tickets" even though the lottery offers you substantially better odds than the names you're buying ever turning profit.

Right whatever you say
read this article makes ya look (*&^%
No logic in these names they picked in fact they picked them all

Disney at the Movies: Ant-Man Marches Forward, Mater Goes Away, DW Goes to Town, ‘Secretariat’ Renamed? : Disney News : StitchKingdom.com

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I second that DubDub..

IMO the 3D belongs at the begining of the domain name. In most of the names being registerd 3d is being used as an adjective. (The part of speech used to limit or describe the noun or pronoun it modifies, as in "blue coat.")

Sure tell ESPN they made a mistake with there new ESPN 3D channel.
Go to google and put in 3d that's going to put you in a sea of billions of websites some day
Go and put tires3d and you will be in hundreds.

Just as if it were a color we were talking about.. What sounds better... BlueHouse or HouseBlue? YellowFlower or FlowerYellow, BlackSmoke or SmokeBlack? IMO the 3D term should preced the noun that it is describing.

Well your just flat out wrong
In some cases it fits both ways plasticsurgery3d and 3dplasticsurgery
There is no such thing as 3Deyes in fact in reads 3 DEYES but a website with eyes3D fits perfect.
It says eyes3d not 3 deyes

And Froy.. .. seriously give this some thought man.. What would Lips3d.com be used for?

LIPS .com man is a microsoft website they are using it lips3d will be whatever the buyer wants it to be, Did you say the word google would not work either or EBAY? it could stand for a company name Logistics International Projects = LIPS I just made that up of course Think out of the box dude.

Seriously are they making 3D lipstick or something?
...... For real.. think about potential.. not just the fact that you can combine the "3D" term with a popular word..

If you don't see it Its not worth try to tell you about it..

You will learn.....

No I will teach you,

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Thank You !
I saw it in my head the law of attraction.

•••
Exsedo,

Try using this link for true search results...
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Enter one keyword or phrase per line: in the big empty box...
Then Click the "Get Keyword Ideas" button.
Then change the default search setting from "Broad" to "Exact"

Unfortunately, that is the truest Google Search for your terms.

Hope that helps you in the future :)

Thanks, but I have probably used it more times than you.

•••

But......

3Dbags ... 2002
3Dceo ... 2008
3Dlips ... available

Is this a joke ?
Are you really in belief that HD is in the same world as 3D
Really are you this uneducated?

Go ahead look for a website 3 DEYES that looks foolish what kinda word in deyes?
or dwigs or bdags or dceo or dlips?
the only way it works is with 3Dbears dabears.
You are so far gone I can't stop crakin up.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

That is the oldschool 1980's cheesy 3D for the red and blue paper glasses. That is not the new Avatar style 3D that requires circularly polarized lenses and special projector screens or monitors.

It's called domain parking.

You change your DNS and the parking company helps you profit from typeins and residual traffic from prior development. The links are automatically generated by the parking system.

Sure I agree the site looks terrible but my point is ITS there
Soon it will be perfected,

Thanks for the parking info.

•••
With some newly registered domains it’s kind of difficult to say for sure whether they have any future potentials or not, but now that you got this you have one year to research that and then decide if you want to keep it or not. IMO

-
Yes, I think it's safe to say that a high percentage of "Xbox membership" searches will eventually result in an XBox Live membership being sold.

However, if there is a 3D membership site of some kind it probably won't just be called 3D. It will have a regular company name. So owning 3Dmembership is comparable to owning GameMembership (reg'ed in 2008) or VideoGameMembership (reg'ed in 2009).

Thx for your opinions and a coupla great examples guys.

Thanks, but I have probably used it more times than you.
ExSedo,

I meant no disrerspect in my post to you at all. I really didn't think you knew about the tool, because in your arguements of your 3D Tv kits, your numbers were way off. I believe you were looking for searches "only" in the search bar, and I believe Snoop's point was the true results from the Google Keyword tool.

and about you using it more than me, who knows...whatever.

Anyways maybe someone else benefited from that post here in this thread :)

Peace Bro!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back