NameSilo

Any worthless LLLL.coms ???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What is the worst LLLL.com combination you can imagine? What would it be worth, IYHO?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had to wait till now to sell my LLLL.com domains. It looks like it was possible to take more than $10 and $7 :)

•••
Speaking of awesome LLLL.com's,
which of these stands out the most?

jkqv zxpq xvkc qvwf yvxz qrxj

•••
mellowmasher said:
I think *where* the letters are makes a big difference. I have many that begin with q followed by 3 premium letters that imo, and it is just that, are very good.

I dont dislike q = quality quick queensland quebec quiet etc

I agree, some of my favorite domains contain q's. True, there is a limited amount of words that start with q, however, I focus more on the sounds it makes. It's really about the placement of the q in the domain.

QK together sounds like quick.
-QKHI (quick hi)
-QKMA (quick ma)

QT together sounds like cutey.
-QTYO (cutey yo)
-QTZO (cuties oh)

Q also sounds like k.
-KYRQ (Kirk)
-PAQD (packed)
-QUGR (cougar)

Last edited:
•••
Q's kind of grown on me as well :)

It has more useable acronyms that I can think of off the top of my head than X or Z does... That's for sure. :imho:

4ltrorg said:
I agree, some of my favorite domains contain q's. True, there is a limited amount of words that start with q, however, I focus more on the sounds it makes. It's really about the placement of the q in the domain.

QK together sounds like quick.
-QKHI (quick hi)
-QKMA (quick ma)

QT together sounds like cutey.
-QTYO (cutey yo)
-QTZO (cuties oh)

Q also sounds like k.
-KYRQ (Kirk)
-PAQD (packed)
-QUGR (cougar)

•••
dontknow said:
Speaking of awesome LLLL.com's,
which of these stands out the most?

jkqv zxpq xvkc qvwf yvxz qrxj
nice list! I like YVXZ the best. ZXPQ and JKQV are neck and neck for second place - to my eye, JKQV is the more "anti-premium" of the two since it has the 'V' ... ZXPQ and QRXJ may actually find end users in China (though neither zxpq.cn or qrxj.cn seem to be developed at the moment - can't really tell about zxpq.cn but it looks parked). QRXJ may also be attractive to an end user looking for an "RX" abbreviation in their domain ...

By the way, I am now the proud owner of VQXZ.com - one of the rarest of the "pure" anti-premium collectables - there are only 24 possible combinations of Q X V and Z without any repeating letters!

:)

Last edited:
•••
krx said:
Anyway, I've thought maybe it was too late to get into this game (and profit from it). But maybe not.

Certainly not, these names are continuing to rise but there is still time to grab some very good names at very low prices. I have been buying triple premiums this week for as little as $25-$30 so there is still plenty of oppurtunity. Make sure you read up first though!

If you need advise and guidance on what to buy, how to buy, market trends etc check out these sites:

Quad Letter Domain (My four letter domain site)
Four Letter Noob (Reece's four letter domain site)

Or check out the LLLL thread in domain discussion. Evaluation and Prices. :)

Rich B-)

•••
Prices are rising so fast in value that they've created an opportunity to engage in LLLL.com arbitrage. If you just came back from a 1 week vacation and listed your triple premium + Y for $60 (the going rate 1 week ago), you'd probably be shocked to see how fast it was bought!

There's no substitute in domaining for up to date prices and this has never been more true than it is with LLLL.coms at the moment. If you're prices are 1 week old, your profits are going to be 20-30% off what they could've been. I'm really surprised more people don't list their LLLL.coms as "Make Offer". When prices are rising as fast as they are and you don't have hours each day to dedicate to tracking prices... That's just a recipe for getting burned.

rjs_essex said:
Certainly not, these names are continuing to rise but there is still time to grab some very good names at very low prices. I have been buying triple premiums this week for as little as $25-$30 so there is still plenty of oppurtunity. Make sure you read up first though!

If you need advise and guidance on what to buy, how to buy, market trends etc check out these sites:

Rich B-)

•••
rjs_essex said:
Certainly not, these names are continuing to rise but there is still time to grab some very good names at very low prices. I have been buying triple premiums this week for as little as $25-$30 so there is still plenty of oppurtunity.
Good to know.

rjs_essex said:
Make sure you read up first though!

Rich B-)
Will do. Thanks for tips!

•••
Heh, I know I own some really bad ones.... xivs.com, kuzs.com, etc; Not exactly anti-premium, but just really crappy ones :)

•••
filter said:
I'll pay $30 today for a pure Z X Q V combo. Please send me a PM if you've got one.

I have:

vwqz.com
zvqw.com

vwqz may be a VolksWagen Quality Zone akronym, therefore the price tag is $200 today, and $300 starting February 01, 2007.

zvqw - can be used in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, in German language there are lots of words with Z, V, and W. :imho:
i.e. ZV - Zentral Verein (Central Association) (German language)

Also China may be a target market, i.e. QW -QianWei-2 (QW-2, Vanguard 2) Man-Portable Surface-to-Air Missile (China)

This means, such domains under $50 is a steal. :) And in one month they will be at $75-100

Last edited:
•••
filter said:
By the way, I am now the proud owner of VQXZ.com - one of the rarest of the "pure" anti-premium collectables - there are only 24 possible combinations of Q X V and Z without any repeating letters!

:)

You and I have the same eye for domains...
Perhaps we'll meet up some day in the domain
dumpster or bargain bin...
:sold:

•••
dontknow said:
You and I have the same eye for domains...
Perhaps we'll meet up some day in the domain
dumpster or bargain bin...
:sold:
or the loonie bin ... :lol:

well, to get back to the OP's question ... IMO none of the LLLL.com will ever be worthless, though obviously some may be "worth a bit less" ... I'm hoping the XQZV combos may eventually reach parity or even surpass the low $xxx price range now seen for CCC.com ... While the cream of the LLLL.com crop is already at $xxxx and quite possibly soon may see more than a few reaching into the $xx,xxx range ...

In which case I will be able to upgrade my mental health status from "crazy" to "eccentric" - a few :$: :$: :$: seems to make a big difference in that department!

:hehe:

Last edited:
•••
This thread has been a real education. I'm now looking at some truly sick LLLL.coms with a twinkle in my eye ~ mild nausea as well but a twinkle nonetheless. :xf.love:

•••
"Z" is premium For Germany

•••
I wouldn't consider IYHO.com as a worthless domain it's CVCV!

•••
Do people now consider the Y as a vowel?

•••
Depending on the word, position, etc, Y is considered a vowel many times.

•••
accentnepal said:
Z is kinda sorta littlebit a vowel so it goes first to stop any pronouncable nonsense.

'Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on.
'I do,' Alice hastily replied; 'at least — at least I mean what I say — that's the same thing, you know.'
'Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. 'You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'
'You might just as well say,' added the March Hare, 'that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!'
'You might just as well say,' added the Dormouse, who seemed to be talking in his sleep, 'that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'

•••
floatingworld said:
'Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on.
'I do,' Alice hastily replied; 'at least — at least I mean what I say — that's the same thing, you know.'
'Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. 'You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'
'You might just as well say,' added the March Hare, 'that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!'
'You might just as well say,' added the Dormouse, who seemed to be talking in his sleep, 'that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'

By answering "hastily" Alice shows here that she is not sure of her ground, that the eristc sophistry of the Hare has undermined, if not her position, then at least her confidence....

I didn't know that we had such extreme structuralists at NP.... sheer sophistry has it's place... but not when applied to LLLL.coms :imho:

Personally I believe the anti-premium arguement is a little fallacious... but fun nevertheless....

•••
ramakazi said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how is I a consonant?

•••
I can only imagine he meant VCCV, not CVCV ~ which IYHO of course is not.

•••
I've seen worst that IYHO.com, in fact it's pronounceable so it can't be the worst.

•••
dezinerite said:
I've seen worst that IYHO.com, in fact it's pronounceable so it can't be the worst.

IYHO is a perfect acronym for something like International Youth Health Organization.

Can be worth $x,xxx to enduser imho

•••
A study in perspectives -

krx said:
What is the worst LLLL.com combination you can imagine? What would it be worth, IYHO?
ramakazi said:
thelendingteam said:
Do people now consider the Y as a vowel?
dezinerite said:
vlad74 said:
IYHO is a perfect acronym for something like International Youth Health Organization.
Can be worth $x,xxx to enduser imho

Though my fave bit of this thread was the complete off topic aside between floatingworld and uber. I'm sure most of that was missed by most. :)

•••
Am it right
ramakazi said:

LOL!!!! IYHO wasn't the example of worthless domain. It was In Your Humble Opinion. The same as IMHO! LOL again!!! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back