Domain Empire

Any value in auto-appraisals? (Can't find a good thread on this)

NameSilo
Watch

kbsmedia

Established Member
Impact
Hi all. I've heard both good and bad things about auto-appraisal sites like domainindex.com, estibot.com, etc. I'm just not sure who is right and who is wrong and why. Is there some kind of middle ground? I.e. are they sometimes useful/accurate but not always? If so, is there some kind of magical formula I'm missing?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are all a waste of your time

•••
Really a waste of time but I guess you could use it as fun.

•••
Thanks for the feedback.

•••
They are just dust in the eyes... LasVegas.com was appraised by Estibot at $200k, and sold for $90M in 2015

•••
They are just dust in the eyes... LasVegas.com was appraised by Estibot at $200k, and sold for $90M in 2015
I have told people forever now that in sales something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. too many variables comen to play for an auto appraising of anything.

•••
Thanks, @baseballworld. I tend to agree. I just struggle with coming to a jumping off point when crafting a sales pitch and wondered if there was some kind of happy medium there that auto appraisals could help with.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back