IT.COM

question Any Success With .ES Domain Extensions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

I know that the .es extension is primarily aimed at the Spanish market, but there have been some English language business or service related names sold - antivirus.es for example, sold for $63,325.

Has anyone enjoyed any success with this extension? If so, how and where did you market these domains?

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Chor.es
VRMovi.es
Goldpric.es
Grad.es
Salari.es
Purs.es
Slic.es
Bundl.es
Nourish.es
Froggi.es
Provid.es
Hackabl.es

•••
•••
Chor.es
VRMovi.es
Goldpric.es
Grad.es
Salari.es
Purs.es
Slic.es
Bundl.es
Nourish.es
Froggi.es
Provid.es
Hackabl.es

You sold these? If so, where and how?

•••
•••
Is this one you have sold? If so, where and how did you market it?

It is used along with DNSal.es, Registri.es etc. Some of them where purchased, some hand registered.

•••
It is used along with DNSal.es, Registri.es etc. Some of them where purchased, some hand registered.

I realise there is potential in these extensions and I know the message they are trying to convey, but my specific question is, has anyone in here sold any and if so, how and where did they market them?

I have a few myself and was looking to either develop them, or if there is a good fit domain marketplace for the domains, then I will consider moving them on.

•••
I would like to know that also. I own orgy.es and would like to sell it

•••
Besides domain hacks with .es forming english words, there is also a market for this extension in Spain, mainly with small and medium business. Big companies go for the .com, altough they secure the .es too. Is a very used extension (about 1.8M registered domains). Generic words and products/services related domains can be sold if fairly priced.

I can speak Spanish and I'm brokering some spanish .com domains, but usualy do not with deal with .es domains unless something really exceptional, like Hoteles.es, on auction in a few hours at Undeveloped.

If you PM me your domains probably I can give you some clues.

•••
Besides domain hacks with .es forming english words, there is also a market for this extension in Spain, mainly with small and medium business. Big companies go for the .com, altough they secure the .es too. Is a very used extension (about 1.8M registered domains). Generic words and products/services related domains can be sold if fairly priced.

I can speak Spanish and I'm brokering some spanish .com domains, but usualy do not with deal with .es domains unless something really exceptional, like Hoteles.es, on auction in a few hours at Undeveloped.

If you PM me your domains probably I can give you some clues.

Very good informative post. Thanks. I'd imagine Hoteles.es went for a good amount.

•••
Did nor register any domain in the spanish extension but sure spanish words in the .es will sell alongside the domain hacks.
Here is the recent .es sales report at namebio.

•••
Very good informative post. Thanks. I'd imagine Hoteles.es went for a good amount.

Still not auctioned. Auction starts in 1h. :xf.smile:

•••
Still not auctioned. Auction starts in 1h. :xf.smile:

Won't be able to attend the auction (nor probably won't be able to afford it either). Let us know what it fetched if you get chance.

•••
I may try Sedo - they all seem to sell there

•••
Did nor register any domain in the spanish extension but sure spanish words in the .es will sell alongside the domain hacks.
Here is the recent .es sales report at namebio.

Great stuff @ikhub

Thanks for sending the link. Looking at the list, I definitely wouldn't be able to afford Hoteles.es as it was previously sold for $334k in 2012.

Not sure how many are purely Spanish, but some are hacks (e.g. movi.es; dot.es. antivirus.es;). There are quite a few that don't mean anything to me (for instance, secret.es? - is that a Spanish word, or is that a hack?).

Whatever the meaning - Spanish or hack - looking at the list, Sedo seems to be the the most popular place for selling them.

•••
•••
We will see what happens :)

•••
Hoteles.es as it was previously sold for $334k in 2012.

Correct :)

Not sure how many are purely Spanish, but some are hacks (e.g. movi.es; dot.es. antivirus.es;). There are quite a few that don't mean anything to me (for instance, secret.es? - is that a Spanish word, or is that a hack?).

Secret.es is not a hack nor a spanish word

•••
Great stuff @ikhub

Thanks for sending the link. Looking at the list, I definitely wouldn't be able to afford Hoteles.es as it was previously sold for $334k in 2012.

Whatever the meaning - Spanish or hack - looking at the list, Sedo seems to be the the most popular place for selling them.
Yep sedo is a great place for european domains as they have the site in European languages like Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Italian & Nederlands.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Pity you can't download filtered results from NameBio onto a spreadsheet.

•••
•••
Back