Domain Empire

discuss Another reason to dislike GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

creataweb

Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School PhotoTop Member
Impact
Got an offer at GD for a name. Accepted it. Fast forward 2 weeks and still nothing from GD and no update on if the buyer paid or not. The note just said "Pending Buyer Purchase."

I contact GD to ask about it. Specifically said I was the seller and needed the status on the domain so I can re-list it elsewhere if buyer isn't paying or responding. GD responds saying a long winded statement about me buying some domain and that I need to contact the seller. Lol, are you serious? What is the minimum level of reading comprehension needed to work for GD? I sold a domain and explicitly explained that in my support email and get the total opposite back.

This is not the first time either. This has happened with Afternic as well before.

Also, why does GD not always assist in a transaction? The last name I sold there I had to do all the work myself and that included trying to contact the buyer to figure out why I wasn't being told about transferring the domain so I can get paid. So GD takes the 20% but does nothing else? Time to say NoDaddy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I feel like if something doesn't go right I can reach out and get help and someone will listen to me and try and help.

It's great that you feel that way, do you think being the Product Manager helps with that? Many of us here have had unacceptable wait times for subpar support during the sale process, and don't have that same faith that we can reach out and get help.

Imagine if you ran into a hiccup during a sale... do you think you would have the exact same support experience as anyone else, or would you start making some calls after days of not getting a response? Do you think when a ticket comes through with your name on it, you may get a better version of the support than the average user? You mentioned that at some companies, you need to "know people" to get help. Let's be real, working at Afternic puts you in a better position to get support if one of your personal sales isn't going smoothly.

Just some things to consider, it's great that you use the platform, but even if you just have a regular account like anyone else, you're still in a position to have a better experience.. it's worth acknowledging. My point is, to pop in and be like "Oh yeah, it's easy, just send us an email and it'll be taken care of no problem!"... That's not always the case man, at least for people who don't work there. It's disingenuous to act like you're in a position to have an identical experience to the rest of the userbase.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Joe.
I make notes and take screenshots and send them up.
With such an ability to send screenshots to developers directly (something other customers would have difficulties to do), I'd say it is great that Afternic / GD does not prohibit employees to use the systems also as regular customers. Can you please send them a screenshot of how terrible is to see only 50 domains per page in Afternic system? Not to say that it is the only thing to fix, but I see it each day so it is the first thing that comes to mind...

Last edited:
•••
Can you please send them a screenshot of how terrible is to see only 50 domains per page in Afternic system?

This, and logging you out after some time, while you are NOT idle (typing etc)

•••
That is a good point. Obviously if someone sees my name they would help me super fast :) But I understand that, so I refrain from asking anything, and it is not always true. So I was listing a bunch of domains I had at another registrar, remember I use a lot of places to see whats happening all around the industry. It had my name on it and I was declined for listing 50 names or so because they said I didn't own them, I did they were elsewhere and under privacy or something and they said I needed to prove I owned them before they listed them. I was treated like anyone else.
In the name I sold right before the one this last week, I did not contact support in any way and waited to see what would happen. The sale took two days longer than it should have and was sped up because the buyer complained not me. I used that as a follow up for a fix on what happened and it is now resolved. So if I can I try to be as similar to another customer as I can and see what the actual experience is.
I understand your point, and you have one, but I do try and see as realistically as I can what is happening as a normal customer.
We made some changes recently to route much of the sales questions another way with a different team helping and also are hiring more staff to address this and I think we did have a long wait on some questions, we looked at what was happening and how to address it and worked on a solution, which was a result of customers reaching out and us watching internally and seeing that we needed to improve. We do try continually to make things better.
I also think that anyone else can get better service than me, because I am not using my position or title or the fact that I trained or work with many of the team to help me personally on my sales overtly, but I do try my hardest to help anyone who reaches out to me and when I do all those other things come into play for the person who is asking for help. It isn't hard to reach out to me here or elsewhere and get help. I get a lot of feedback and I think overall our support is pretty good, we have a team who is knowledgeable and wants to help and most of the time you are going to get help the first time you ask. The auctions team is glad to make their email public for people who need help, [email protected] or [email protected]. They are really interested in helping make your experience better.

•••
This, and logging you out after some time, while you are NOT idle (typing etc)
They are working on something to address this. :)

•••
I wonder why Afternic has no Live Support Chat.

I wonder why they take several days to reply to emails.

I wonder why my sold domain GoDaddy internal push was completed hours ago, but there isn't even a scheduled date for my PayPal payout yet.

I wonder why a $2K PayPal payout is not immediate.
And if there is a third party handling such payouts, I wonder why that is the case.

•••
I wonder why Afternic has no Live Support Chat.

I wonder why they take several days to reply to emails.

I wonder why my sold domain GoDaddy internal push was completed hours ago, but there isn't even a scheduled date for my PayPal payout yet.

I wonder why a $2K PayPal payout is not immediate.
And if there is a third party handling such payouts, I wonder why that is the case.

Well, 3 days later, they replied to my email and few hours later the money is on my PayPal account.
I reached out in more than one way, not sure if that sped up the process.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back