Domain Empire

.tv Announcment: The 2007 .TV PrimeTime Auction!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
well folks- we are ready to start rolling ou the PrimeTime Auction!

the website is here:
http://www.auctionsite.tv

the auction dates are: 8/6 - 8/10

there will be a live chat auction each day so we are not trying to sell off 300 names in one sitting-

depending on the amount of names submitted, we will have a silent auction going on in the backround all week- this is if there is an enormous amount of names-

what names will go in the live auction? well, there is a small committee who will go over all the names and have to make that decision. and it will be based on some simple guidlines. but if there is just enough names for 5 days of live auction, there will be no silent auction-

how much will this cost? there will be an entry fee- there will NOT be a percent taken from sales :) the entry fee will cover several things- it is not free to do one of these things- there is hosting, advertising, etc.. the business associated with running the site- that is what your fee goes to. if you do get a sale, it is all yours :) the entry fee is $10.00 per 10 domains.
to keep things easy is is just done in those blocks- so 10 domains would be 10.00- 14 domains would be 20.00. 19 domains would be 20.00, 26 domains would be 30.00- get it?

will i sell my domains? well, if i could predict that, i would be pretty dang rich. we are going to do everything we can to get the word out about the auction- and, since this is such a tigh-knit group, i am really hoping those involved will also help in promoting the auction- is there a chance no one will come? yes- there is. is there a chance this will be successful? yes- there is :)

if you have any questions please post them in this thread and they will be answered in the thread-

now, some reality talk... this is an auction. even tho people may come knowing the prices "can" shoot thru the roof, if the place is filled with high dollar reserves for medium quality names, you might not pull the bids- i just want you to keep that in mind- at auction you only put in names with a reserve set at the absolute lowset you will take- and be happy with that if it sells for that- but if you submit something like ILoveJersy.tv with a $1000 reserve, well we may not even put that live.
i am NOT saying go low, I am just saying that is how an auction goes- so keep this in mind when choosing your domains and you reserves- i am going to do a mix- some excellent, and some good, with the good names having very low reserves, to get people bidding on my names-

now, i have to get dinner on for the kids- i will be back tonight with more details- so start goin thru your portfolios!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My only, ONLY, concern in all of this is where the accouintability is for folks bidding and then following through with their purchases. I mean, people can bid rediculous amounts if they don't have any mechanism in place to FORCE them to follow through.

I think it important to get accurate contact information on the bidders and document the bidding so that it becomes a binding contract.

Of course, people bidding with complete anonymity, seems rather unenforcable.

Any thoughts on this?

GoPC

•••
as with any forum auction, here or at dnf- after the auction, the buyer and the seller get together-
even sedo/ebay/afternic cant force a buyer to pay if they are fake- no one can, so i think its kinda unrealistic to think we can do it-

they will have to register for the chat- again, how am i to know if the info is real?

all we can hope for is that profesionals come in and bid- thats the best i can do. yes it is important they give real info- but how do you propose i do this, from here? there is no possible way to do this-

granted, a good bid can be a fake, but at no point will anyone lose a domain- you dont transfer till you have payment anyway- so your property is safe- lets just hope for actual real bids

•••
•••
hi, as far as the horizontal scrolling issue goes. http://www.auctionsite.tv/test.shtml looks good on:
Mac (OSX)- FireFox, IE, Netscape, Safari and Opera
Windoze (XP)- FireFox and IE.

There's a bit of line height weirdness in Richard's list causing the names to not line up with the reserves and expiries. This was in my cleaned version too, I just didn't catch it (at 4 AM after playing 2 gigs). I'll look at it again. We're headed in the right direction though.

Last edited:
•••
No scrolling issues for me. I think the test page is good to go!

•••
I've found the glitch with Richard's list. Somewhere along the way it picked up some of the "MS Word Useless HTML" feature. arrrrgh. I'm working on it now, about half way thru. I'll post a new test page when it's done.

(time passes)

OK, here's the new test page
http://www.rogerjames.ca/auction3clean.shtml
Richard's list looks good to me now, but it would be good if someone else could check it against the original for acccuracy.
It's on Tuesday, Breasts.tv - Dropped.tv (unfortunate coincidence) the scrolling seems to be under control.
As Smash suggested, it would be good for everyone to check their lists again to make sure nothing got changed accidentally.

Last edited:
•••
Rogor said:
I've found the glitch with Richard's list. Somewhere along the way it picked up some of the "MS Word Useless HTML" feature. arrrrgh. I'm working on it now, about half way thru. I'll post a new test page when it's done.

(time passes)

OK, here's the new test page
Richard's list looks good to me now, but it would be good if someone else could check it against the original for acccuracy.
It's on Tuesday, Breasts.tv - Dropped.tv (unfortunate coincidence) the scrolling seems to be under control.
As Smash suggested, it would be good for everyone to check their lists again to make sure nothing got changed accidentally.

LOL

•••
is this real- or is the dropped breasts thing a joke-

its late-

•••
smashfactory said:
is this real- or is the dropped breasts thing a joke-

its late-

Smash, he was trying to point out my list which runs from the first name "Breasts" to the last name "Dropped"

•••
BWAHAHAHAHH!
ok i AM tired- i thought he was crackin a joke- ya know, 90 year old ladies- saggin boobies-

sorry :'(

•••
•••
Did we ever figure out if they could do any pre-bidding? If the event will be at a chat room shoudlnt we know by now?? Only 5 days left!

•••
•••
•••
smashfactory said:
BWAHAHAHAHH!
ok i AM tired- i thought he was crackin a joke- ya know, 90 year old ladies- saggin boobies-

sorry :'(
Hey Smash, sorry didn't mean to make you cry . Lucky it wasn't one Seller earlier on Tuesday or the list would have been Anal.tv-Energy.tv (another unfortunate coincidence).
The chatroom looks great, very cool chat software.
Just so there's no confusion, the list that's up on - http://www.auctionsite.tv/namesday.shtml right now is the one with Richard's list still messed up. The final clean version is at -

•••
namesday1 should be showing- isnt that the right version?
i ended up having the two pages and updating them each thinking they were the right one- and then i was missing stuff-
next time- i need an assistant- yes- an assistant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
okee doke-

you can go ahead and register in the chatroom if you would like- just takes a sec- but remember your username- the link is at the top of the pages on the site

•••
smashfactory said:
namesday1 should be showing- isnt that the right version?
i ended up having the two pages and updating them each thinking they were the right one- and then i was missing stuff-
next time- i need an assistant- yes- an assistant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Smash, yeah you are doing a ton of work here, I for one, appreciate it bigtime.
Sorry, http://www.auctionsite.tv/namesday1.shtml is the original one that streched off the screen horizontally.
http://www.auctionsite.tv/namesday.shtml is my first cleaned version with Richard's names and reserve amounts not lining up properly. We don't want that one either.
the one we want to use is up at-

If you think I can help feel free to ask.

Last edited:
•••
Hey, the auctionsite.tv chatroom looks great!

•••
Just an afterthought, but wouldn't it be an idea to hyperlink actual sites to show they ain't just names?

Just a (late) thought. Sorry!

•••
No the only thing for sale is the domain, there are no sites for sale in this auction.

•••
ok rogor- i will switch this tonight- i have to add the ones i just added on there- some are missing-
thanks for setting that all up so it looks good for all!

•••
equity78 said:
No the only thing for sale is the domain, there are no sites for sale in this auction.

?

How is it possible to sell a me.tv domain but not sell the structure that accompanies the domain? Have you checked to make sure none of the domains are independantly developed? Not griping, EQ, but if someone has gotten the domain to the top of the me.tv portal. for exaple, and the domain has traffic to a structured site, that might be worth a mention. How would this hurt?

•••
this is why the last person on friday has information with his post- it was asked if any information could be put with this site- and i had said to send it on with you name- the info is not mentioned in the chat itself, but you could post it with your name- the post is in this thread-
no one but one person sent info-

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back