IT.COM

.tv .TV Auction May 20 At ABW

Spaceship
Watch
CROSSOVER AUCTION WITH ABESTWEB.COM

In conjunction with Abestweb.com, the .TV forum of Namepros.com is pleased to announce a crossover auction, to occur in the Abestweb.com Chat Room on May 20th, 2008, at 3:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. This auction will consist of many of the top domains from the .TV extension, and offers an opportunity for participants to grab premium product and media related domains at exceptional pricing. This is your chance to pick up a primary keyword in an extension whose popularity is exploding!

Why Bid On a .TV Domain?
We're glad you asked!

1. More and more people are turning to their computer to watch tv. Video is becoming the venue of choice. Do a search on 2008 trends - read where the web is going. Are you heading in the same profitable direction? You can be with the right name and extension. .TV is the domain extension already geared for this massive expansion. Corporations, media and networks, sports, fitness, auto, food- you name it, all are utilizing .tv.

2. TV is one of the most recognized abbreviations in the world - a true global extension in every sense of the word. This is the one extension that coincides with the immediate future direction of the internet and all that it will entail.

3. Some .TV Facts:
+ .TV has had more sales in 2007 than any year in its history.
+.TV has had more registrations in 2007 than the previous years combined that Verisign has owned the .tv corp.
+ .TV has had more spots in the DN JOURNAL TOP 100 cctld list than it did in any previous year.
+ Some .TV premium names recently sold:

Welcome.tv $10,000
Fussball.tv $28,000
Automotive.tv $7000.00
Comedians.tv $5000.00
Caps.tv $250.00
indianews.tv $1,800
Luxembourg.tv $3130.00

4. Some of the many companies/websites using .tv:
Emmys.tv, Cuisine.tv, Fiction.tv, Jersey.tv, Boston.tv, Public.tv, Tnt.tv, Tru.tv, Hollywood.tv, Fuse.tv, Stageside.tv (CocaCola), Howard.tv, CarsonDaly.tv, Mercedes-Benz.tv and many, many more.... In fact, another company utilizing .tv is Hewlett Packard. They are including their Next.tv in their consumer notebooks, and it will be available for download this year to the public.

5. The social interaction of an online auction is sure to be entertaining, so come have fun with fellow ABWers and NPers. Don't forget, free door prizes will be given during the auction, only those present will win!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HOW TO SUBMIT A DOMAIN

+ Domains may be submitted for consideration to Tom Rice, [email protected], no later than May 5th, 2008.
+ A small review board will pick which domains to accept for auction. Because we want to give as many people as possible a chance to participate, and because we want this auction to feature quality domains in the appropriate price range, we will limit the number of domains accepted to 3 per person.
+ With each domain you submit, also include a couple of sentences about how that domain might be used, what markets might be found for reselling it or for affiliate development, etc. We will edit all description to fit the same general look and feel.
+ Include the registrar, expiration date, and, most importantly, the cost of renewal. We need to be UP FRONT regarding premium or standard reg fee. We also need the reserve price, which is the auction start price, the minimum cost you will sell at. As we want to make sure this is a successful auction - and by successful we mean that domains SELL - the reserve price should be kept as low as possible, preferably less than $100, and certainly no more than $1,000.
+ If your domain/s are accepted, there will be a one time charge of $10, to cover the auction fees. That is, one $10 charge total, regardless of the quantity of domains accepted. 1 Accepted, $10. 3 accepted, $10. This money is used to pay the auctioneer for his time ( the last auction took 5 hours ), ABW for their space, and to filter out sub-par domain submisisons.

HOW THE AUCTION WORKS

+ Participants will need to register as a member of the www.abestweb.com forum.
+ On the given day, login to the chat room at ABW, where you will find a room set up specifically for the auction.
+ Before the auction begins, I will review the house rules for behavior within the auction. In essence, everyone will need to be as 'quiet' as possible, in order to watch the progress of the auction. Once I have introduced the Auctioneer, he will run the show.
+ For each item, our Auctioneer will write out the domain name, and all related info, including a couple of ideas regarding the potential use of the domain.
+ Once the information has been given, the Auctioneer will start out at the reserve price for the domain. If no bids are given before he types out "going once, going twice, SOLD", then the domain does not sell. If there is a bid from one of the chat room members, Auctioneer will continue to move the auction along as smoothly as possible.
+ By bidding on a domain, you are making a verbal/written contract with that seller.
+ Neither Namepros.com nor Abestweb.com assumes any financial interest in the collection of/distribution of monies or property within this auction. In essence, once the bidding is closed, it will be up to the buyer/seller to contact eachother with appropriate information for completing the transaction externally to the forum. Because both buyer/sellers will be members of ABW, there will be some modicum of security against false bidding, but no responsibility is assumed by either forums.
+ Once the auction is concluded, a summary will be posted on both forums.
+ During each auction, keep 'talking' to a minimum, unless it is in regards to a question about the current auction.
+ The Auctioneer, while he will try to make sure all bidding is complete before auction is closed, has the final say in how the overall process occurs.
+ Domains will be posted several days before auction begins, in order to allow for pre-bidding.

There will be several door prizes given away during the auction process, as a way to break up the event, and give the auctioneer an occasional break. These prizes are substantial, and the specific merchants will be posted within this thread shortly.

Any additional questions should be addressed to Tom, who will post additional information, if necessary, here.

.TV - Go ahead, turn it on.

- - - - - - - - - - -
This is similar to the announcement that will be posted at ABW shortly.

The idea is to market our domains at another forum, so as to put new money onto the table. As affiliate marketers and merchants ( many of whom hang out there ) are in need of quality domains, my hope is that we will find some endusers that recognize the potential that these domains hold.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dday- sorry if I missed you, thought I had everyone down. We'll got you next time around!

Thanks, everyone who attended, not a great day selling, but a nice first attempt over there. SOmetimes I think .TV is........an acquired taste. Once we get them hooked, however, lol.......

Maybe next time!

•••
Thanks Rogue - your effort is very appreciated :)

•••
EQ may need surgery for his wrists from typing so much. Big thank you EQ, you did great.

•••
I look forward to all the results, thanks Rogue and EQ.

•••
I think .tv is a end user domain. In the last year with .tv auction attempts like this although its nice its NOT what a .com auction would bring.

Im not goin to even offer any more .tv domains to resellers unless they want to pay end user prices. Seems a waste of time with sales under reg fee.

Nice attempt to try but after seeing this round and the one they did last year with Smash its not worth it. Just my 2 cents

•••
Thanks

Payment sent Rogue. Thanks for everything.

Disappointing for me but that is life I guess. Good deal for the person who got Debates.tv for $75. Man talk about closeout sale.

Buyer gave that one away IMO

•••
bigcassgbr said:
Payment sent Rogue. Thanks for everything.

Disappointing for me but that is life I guess. Good deal for the person who got Debates.tv for $75. Man talk about closeout sale.

Buyer gave that one away IMO

Thats the problem....You set your reserve low to attract bidders then end up giving it away. Set the reserve at a reasonable price and you get no bidders because everyone is looking to get a steal. :|

•••
wow, if i been following this thread and just got back into town i would have taken debates.tv and would be a perfect fit for my debatestv.com

what were the final results...

thanks in the hard work everyone and helping out on this auction

•••
Tom you did a tremendous job and the fact Haiko was giving away $50 cash left and right made it worthwhile for those who attended the auction. They have a nice forum and a lot of the names while good were not the right names for affiliates these people sell products. So a lot of names while great were not for a product. But either way you did a great job Tom.

•••
:tu: First off thanks for all the hard work :tu:

None of my names sold but testing the water confirmed what I was thinking anyways....

Its not .tvs time just yet :blink:

These babies are for end users.

•••
mellowmasher said:
:tu: First off thanks for all the hard work :tu:

None of my names sold but testing the water confirmed what I was thinking anyways....

Its not .tvs time just yet :blink:

These babies are for end users.
Maybe your reserve was too high??? I am part of that community (ABW) and saw the list, and was there for a little bit. There were a dozen or so, that seemed a bit high for the reserve. All the other .tvs seemed like incredibly strong keywords, and priced very competitively! Just hold on to your names for future investment, or price them reasonably, if you need to get rid of them.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Markisah Omo said:
Maybe your reserve was too high???

1 at $50 other 2 at $250 so I dont think this is the case. Maybe they were just crap names :p

•••
mellowmasher said:
1 at $50 other 2 at $250 so I dont think this is the case. Maybe they were just crap names :p
LOL,
Very Funny
If you dont mind...
What were they?

•••
Markisah Omo said:
LOL,
Very Funny
If you dont mind...
What were they?

I tested with.... slimmers Good-Morning and Space-Travel

I personally dont see a problem with hypens and am seeing them used more and more and may even make the names look more defined.

Good morning is universal and would be great for an early morning show IMO and space travel... Gonna happen :sold:

I was gonna try with canberra but as I said just testing the waters and wasn't really expecting much at this time but I found another interesting site to be a member of and everyone was really friendly as soon as I entered the chat room.

:tu:

•••
mellowmasher said:
I tested with.... slimmers Good-Morning and Space-Travel

I personally dont see a problem with hypens and am seeing them used more and more and may even make the names look more defined.

Good morning is universal and would be great for an early morning show IMO and space travel... Gonna happen :sold:

I was gonna try with canberra but as I said just testing the waters and wasn't really expecting much at this time but I found another interesting site to be a member of and everyone was really friendly as soon as I entered the chat room.

:tu:
Those ALL sound very nice to me. Slimmers - diet weight loss! Good-Morning nice also. Space-Travel should be HOT one day soon. maybe a few years. Right now celebs are signing up for space travel, wait til we all can? I am surprised you didnt get $50??? One day soon enough!
Good Luck to you!

•••
Still waiting on paymnet for MarketingChannel.tv---SOLD $135 dmdailey

•••
westblock- I have email addresses of buyers on other computer, I will get it for you today, once I have a moment to go to my other office.

Thank you, by the way, to everyone submitting domains. Not a whole lot of sales - I think the biggest was AfterSchool.tv for $300 - but at the same time, maybe becoming aware of the resources available to you at ABW will allow you to generate more profitable affiliate sites, should you choose to do so in the future.

Haiko is already talking about trying a second one and including .coms, so maybe we can selectively submit a few .tv domains into a second try over there.

The largest count at one point was 39 attendees, and that is just a small, small percentage of active ABWers, so once we get the attendance up, perhaps some more sales will follow.

Last edited:
•••
Where is the list of auction results?

Thanks,
em

•••
errr, sorry about that, left it on another computer, will bring it back this afternoon, unless someone else posts first.

•••
RogueWriter said:
westblock- I have email addresses of buyers on other computer, I will get it for you today, once I have a moment to go to my other office.
Thanks. I have his email and have also sent a paypal invoice. I pm'ed him after the sale closed and he really seemed confused... We'll see.
Thanks again!

•••
westblock said:
Thanks. I have his email and have also sent a paypal invoice. I pm'ed him after the sale closed and he really seemed confused... We'll see.
Thanks again!
Got an email from him. He'd like a spreadsheet of all the names from the auction and status of them - can you send one to me Tom?

•••
i had no idea there even was an auction. i gues i dont check the discussion thread much. i'm on the marketplace thread 8 days a week.

•••
•••
guess that explains red rock...to bad that had happened, i liked him and thought he was a great member in the .tv forum

•••
jeffoverman said:
guess that explains red rock...to bad that had happened, i liked him and thought he was a great member in the .tv forum

I liked him too JO, sounds like he just ticked off the wrong people. Shame.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back