Dynadot

domains AngiesList.com Rebrand to Angi.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
A home services website that got its start in Indianapolis 20 years ago is getting a complete makeover, including a change to the iconic brand Angie’s List.

Denver-based parent ANGI Homeservices says it has changed its marketing brand to simply Angi with a new logo. It also changed its corporate name to Angi Inc. (Nasdaq: ANGI).

AngiesList.com > Angi.com

read more (insideindianabusiness)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why? I don't get it.

Angie.com would be better. Angies.com would be better.
Keeping what they have would be better.

Is CraigsList going to rebrand to Crai.com next?

Brad

•••
Why? I don't get it.

Brad

The voice-activated tech is driving more brands to quickly upgrade / rebrand to a jackpot name. (some of the mid-semi-high brand and advertising agencies just can't understand .... tech)

•••
Why? I don't get it.

Brad
Exactly

Last edited:
•••
Beef Angus :ROFL: Stupid move...they should kept Angieslist if they couldn't get angie .com

Last edited:
•••
Why? I don't get it.

Brad
I saw "AngiesList.com Rebrands" and I automatically thought it was to Angies.com

•••
Why? I don't get it.

Brad
It's already called Angi Homeservices, so they're just dropping the "Homeservices" part. Angi sounds like a medium to large sized business, while Angies List sounds like someone's personal newsletter.

•••
“Less is more.”

i dig it.

•••
•••
They also own Angie .com

Yes.

I guess, dn broker or lawyers help them get domain they need/want. btw. Angi domain was used for different purpose - as the go-to domain for promoting :pirate: movies.

•••
Why? I don't get it.

Brad

They IPO’d with symbol “ANGI” since the start.

Last edited:
•••
C260BD84-BFB7-482A-84B6-7BD43AEBB7B7.jpeg

589E3CEB-AAC9-416A-BC33-370670881FF2.jpeg

D226A539-D617-4EEB-BD47-AB52329D998C.jpeg

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2021/03/17/angies-list-changes-name-angi/4732015001/

•••
Last edited:
•••
They listened to Namepros members - Pronounceable LLLL.com is better than a long name.

•••
•••
everyone knows Craigslist its like McDonald's

AngiesList.com looks more like a reg fee domain from expireddomains.net .. so upgrading to a short 4l com is a good move. Angy.com would be a great

•••
IMHO, a new branding usually comes with a new vision.
Old customers will be keep coming back with a little bit of marketing efforts.
However, if the rebranding is good, that can take the company a long way.
It's always about the long game. So I guess people at the top of the company considered the long game before the taking final decision.

From that point of view, I'd say Angi.com is far more memorable, pronounceable and overall brand-able compared to the old name and the alternatives that some other people have mentioned here.

I'd say it's an interesting move to say the least. My best wishes to the company.

BTW, what if Facebook.com rebrands to Face.com?
BIN is set to around $10M. Just kidding :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
An attempt to rebrand it to the name listed on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange ( Angi/ Nasdaq)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back