Andrew Rosener Hates You.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughmange

Established Member
Impact
Many are speculating that this is in reference to the NamePros forum. It could refer to other sites that are notorious for having a following of commenters that are less than knowledgeable about domains.

Seeing that the NP community has less than favorable things to say about Mr.Roseners practices, it is quite possible that he referring to you, the NP forum member.

As the new owner of the DomainSherpa show, some are forecasting it to be quite different than the uplifting motivational guide through the world of domaining.

rosner_hate.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many are speculating that this is in reference to the NamePros forum. It could refer to other sites that are notorious for having a following of commenters that are less than knowledgeable about domains.

Seeing that the NP community has less than favorable things to say about Mr.Roseners practices, it is quite possible that he referring to you, the NP forum member.

As the new owner of the DomainSherpa show, some are forecasting it to be quite different than the uplifting motivational guide through the world of domaining.

rosner_hate.jpg

I don't see where he refers to NP members but I don't know about context of his comments.

•••
This is more important tweet.

Attachments

• New Microsoft Word Document.bmp
    604.3 KB · Views: 95
•••
DEFINITELY NO ROOM FOR SPECULATIONS..

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.11.10_17h14m34s_001_Chrome Legacy Window.png

•••
"failed forum full of trolls who don't know how domains work"

•••
I don't care about his sales stats, this guy just sucks.

He purchases a domain instructional website, and then dumps on a forum where more than half of his viewership resides.

Who's the troll now?

•••
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 12.19.06 AM.png

I raised my legitimate concerns about fraudulent bidding activity on DropCatch.com here - He made this Tweet as a direct response to my thread. I do not see how my thread constitutes "trolling" (but apparently he thinks they should have ignored my concern about fraudulent bidding on their platform - what's wrong with them addressing fraudulent bidding issues!?). #LostSherpa

Last edited:
•••
upload_2017-11-10_9-20-3.png

The highlighted line is offensive on so many levels.
  • Internet trolls are a cancer? Tell that to those affected by real cancer.
  • Internet trolls are like terrorists? Because fighting with internet trolls is equivalent to fighting terrorists?
  • By internet troll, does he mean those who are calling out the questionable activity of seafoodman?

But hey, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this level of disrespect. In one of the C&D emails he sent me (September 2nd, 2017) he said he was going to file a lawsuit(s) against me Tuesday morning (delay in filing Monday because of Memorial Day) if I didn't comply to his demands... So that tells me, he's one of those Americans who don't know the difference between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

•••
I made more than 7 figures since I joined namepros few years ago. Namepros is amazing resource in many ways. I think calling it a failed forum is just not right.

•••
i ain't speculating

but who cares whether somebody loves, likes, or hates you...
as long as they still willing to buy my names, then we cool.

imo....

•••
Don't know anything about Andrew...unless/until he buys one of my names it will stay that way. Until then I'll keep on relying on my own know how to make in the domaining world.

•••
•••
I don't care about his sales stats, this guy just sucks.

He purchases a domain instructional website, and then dumps on a forum where more than half of his viewership resides.

Who's the troll now?
I would say 90% of the former viewership resides here, this is a very small industry. Chinese surge was a blip on the map, and brought many short term gold miners into the industry, but they soon left with only picks, and shovels in hand.

•••
I have to keep it real. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have to be true. Andrew Rosener has always helped me personally. He always takes my calls and has helped me without asking for anything in return.

I am not saying that others might not have a bone to pick with him, I really don't know. But from the first time I met him, he has been straight up and truly helpful.

Just keeping it real as far as my personal experience.

•••
Show attachment 72803

I raised my legitimate concerns about fraudulent bidding activity on DropCatch.com here - He made this Tweet as a direct response to my thread. I do not see how my thread constitutes "trolling" (but apparently he thinks they should have ignored my concern about fraudulent bidding on their platform - what's wrong with them addressing fraudulent bidding issues!?). #LostSherpa
Some people tend to profit from stricter internal controls, and regulations, and some people don't.

You have been burned a few times this month, Dropcatch, Pheenix, I don't blame you for asking questions, and when they are not answered, there is nothing wrong with raising your voice.

Many people questioned A D, when all that came out, and many said this guy is a millionaire, he has no need for anyones $5K, he could sell 1 name, and be straight, but wasn't the case, it is all smoke, and mirrors, perception. More so debt, and borrowed money from credit cards, for the visual of success, and then give yourself a platform, and charge 15% to sell liquid domains.

The screenshots on the namejet thread pretty well say it all, even so namejet management will not comment as they will just incriminate themselves if they do. Now we have Dropcatch, and Pheenix in the mix, with not so ethical instances happening with their platforms, to question such instances makes it wrong. I guess the right thing to do is just shut up, and let them keep charging your credit card whatever the second highest bidder wants to.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I don't think Namepros is failed forum, I think it's one of the best forum to learn, get inspiration and knew how to flip a domain name. But yes, I agree there are some troll who troll again and again some person because they don't like him/her or because they don't like that TLD which he is promoting etc.

Guys, I knew, there are lot of people who made money from domain industry and with the help of namepros indeed (including me) but what I don't knew is, most of them don't want to even talk about some other extension, they just want to talk about .com because they simply believe in "Stick with .com", oh please, just stop it, you have your faith in .com but don't try to force others to think in the same manner.

•••
You can't really sell anything here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...o-get-a-good-name.1045200/page-3#post-6399026
at least not usually at a good price,

but there are some good and knowledgeable members here.
There are long time domainers here..many unknown success stories.

In this industry, I try to stay in the shadows. Pretty much everyone that becomes a public image gets fried!

I run a tight little business and i havent fallen prey to anything or anyone.

The more that domain lovers work together, the better things are.

Even if I dont care much for someone, I try to maintain a positive, safe working relationship.

If Andrew or anyone comes to me with a buyer for one of my names, I'll sell them a domain, so long as its done correctly. Thats how I feel about this type of stuff.

•••
Any website in the top 100K rank by traffic has not failed, which namepros is currently in the top 25K in the US, top 40K worldwide.

Rosener wasn't excoriated just for his "in theory" posts (Where he wrote that "A SHILL BID is a bid where the person is hiding, using an alias or a proxy."), it was as reported by others established that he had in fact bid on his own domains, but that he thought that as long as he was doing this openly, that it was okay.

Last edited:
•••
Quote from Domain Sherpa -
Translating Russian Domain Yielded $61K Gross Profit – With Rod Atkinson
Rod Atkinson posted a “looking for Russian speaker” on NamePros and built a friendship with another member who helped with a domain name purchase.

Later, that friendship paid major dividends when he came across another interesting domain name.

Learn how Atkinson purchased a major insurance domain name in Russian for only $711 that turned into a $62,000 sale through an Efty for-sale landing page inquiry.

And hear how Atkinson responded to the buyer’s “strong-hand” negotiation tactics that ultimately led to the successful and very profitable sale.

What is this NamePros site - surely it can't be the same NP which he mentions?

•••
Now we have Dropcatch, and Pheenix in the mix, with not so ethical instances happening with their platforms, to question such instances makes it wrong. I guess the right thing to do is just shut up, and let them keep charging your credit card whatever the second highest bidder wants to.

All these discussions over these relatively tiny auction platforms I find amusing ... only because the largest of all of them (likely combined) don't even let us see who is bidding .. and thus might or might not be infested with fraudulent activity .. So sure these small platforms have serious issues .. but why everyone upset with the small players never seem to care about GoDaddy's lack of transparency is completely beyond me.

Note .. that I don't think there is any deliberate intent at GoDaddy to stimulate fraud .. but I just find it funny how everyone seems to attack the small guys while ignoring the biggest one of them all.

Also note .. that if anybody really wanted to commit fraud .. there really isn't anything anyone can do .. anyone could just call a friend in Australia or Japan or mask their IP and create a new account. Sure it's a pain .. but some people have nothing better to do it seems!:-/

And DO NOT get me wrong ... yes people's attacks on the small auction players are often very justified .. and good on all of you for bringing all these issues into the open .. it most certainly is a help to the industry as a whole! So thanks to those who analyse and present good arguments with actual data to support the issues! :)

Last edited:
•••
most of them don't want to even talk about some other extension, they just want to talk about .com because they simply believe in "Stick with .com", oh please, just stop it, you have your faith in .com but don't try to force others to think in the same manner.

The person listed in the title made a comment about the new gtld’s and their pricing changes.

https://morganlinton.com/did-frank-just-burst-the-bubble/

Mar 14, 2017, 9:20am:

“What I would like to point out is that I have been EXTREMELY outspoken about my distrust and distaste for nearly all of the new gTLD’s since the onset of the program. But most of the people who are crying over spilt milk, are the very same people who would send me hate mail and make threatening comments on the blogs because of my position on the new gTLD’s. Perhaps many of you should have heeded my warning?”

•••
All these discussions over these relatively tiny auction platforms I find amusing ... only because the largest of all of them (likely combined) don't even let us see who is bidding .. and thus might or might not be infested with fraudulent activity .. So sure these small platforms have serious issues .. but why everyone upset with the small players never seem to care about GoDaddy's lack of transparency is completely beyond me.

Note .. that I don't think there is any deliberate intent at GoDaddy to stimulate fraud .. but I just find it funny how everyone seems to attack the small guys while ignoring the biggest one of them all.

Also note .. that if anybody really wanted to commit fraud .. there really isn't anything anyone can do .. anyone could just call a friend in Australia or Japan or mask their IP and create a new account. Sure it's a pain .. but some people have nothing better to do it seems!:-/

And DO NOT get me wrong ... yes people's attacks on the small auction players are often very justified .. and good on all of you for bringing all these issues into the open .. it most certainly is a help to the industry as a whole! So thanks to those who analyse and present good arguments with actual data to support the issues! :)
Godaddy has been attacked, and they did have some serious issues. I saw so many auctions many that you only know of if you were active on the platform when you got the second highest bidder chance, because the highest bidder failed to pay. About 2 plus years ago, I used to get many, and they were good, because the first bidder usually was so out of whack taking their bids out brought it to a wholesale amount. Now, I havent got one in ages. Godaddy enacted some good internal verifications, as well a $1500 cap verification also, I am not privy on everything they do, but they have cleaned it up quite a bit. The only downside is exposing those usernames, for ultimate auditing externally.

When you are talking dollar volume Dropcatch is not small, when you are talking about domains selling for $5,000-$30,000 in Dropcatch auctions, anyone partcipating needs to pay attention, volume maybe small, but when we are talking about dollars, it is fast, and fierce. This username WITTYNUT by Dropcatch's own admission bid, and did not pay for 69 auctions, sometimes bidding as high as mid 4 figures, his bill is mid 5 figures for those 69 unpaid auctions. He also bid others up, and then did not win the auction, this caused serious damages to other parties which is in the 5 figure range also. Then there are known instances of other bidders not paying for their auctions. The GlobalEnergy.com auction which closed at $20K, the two top bidders had the username NEWNEW, and POSTPOST, and at the last minute NEWNEW bids were revoked. NEWNEW also won powerofart.com outbidding legit bidders for $573, and still hasn't made payment a week later. This is just the topical stuff we can see, peeling back the layers, there is so much more there also.

Pheenix, user Arca won forexspot.com in a Pheenix auction, paid for it, then the owner pulls it back, refunds him, and lists it on a Pheenix landing page for $18K.

As to anyone using random friend, random ip's to commit fraud, you are right, and maybe we saw that at namejet, and it is was Webquest, Chad Wright who is a long time respected domainer who called it out.

Small, or big these stories need to be told, and it is up to these businesses to uphold themselves to strong set of ethics, and standards if they want their business to succeed. If they want to play these blacknet type games, so be it, they will continue to be discussed.

You can't even make this kind of stuff up if you tried. Anyone other brick, and mortar business would be out of business if did stuff like this. I think many are done with Pheenix, you don't do that to your paying customers.

Dropcatch's own owners promised their resolution a week ago, for their own deadline of today, so let's see what happens there, but they themselves admitted things were not going as they wanted over there.

Consumer laws, and protections are very stringent in North America, there are clear violations going on, and there is nothing wrong with the consumer speaking up to protect themselves.

You can't put a number on wrong doing, there is a very fine line of error on each side, but clearly we are way over it.

Last edited:
•••
https://www.thedomains.com/2017/03/...jet-a-udrp-opinion-from-2015-you-should-read/

March 15, 2017 9:53am

“As for my character…I’m a self proclaimed ass hole. I eat people like you for breakfast. I am not here to make friends, I’m here to make business, deals & money. But what I do have going for me, is that I am the single hardest working man in the domain business. I make more sales than any single individual person (except apparently George Hong). Because I work so hard, I take what we have earned very seriously. Anyone trying to take it, devalue it or harm me or my business in any way, had better take notice, because I am NOT fucking around. This is NOT a game. You come at me and I promise you that I will see it through to the end and I will prevail (whatever that means) because failure is not an option for me. These are likely sentiments that you can not understand. That’s fine, but you should know where I stand.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveo...n-common-with-digital-marketing/#7de419811130

Forbes article comments.
What Laurel And Hardy Have In Common With Digital Marketing

“Taking some cues from Stuart Diamond, author of “Getting More” and Donald Trump, savvy domain broker and CEO of Media Options Andrew Rosener has found the Gold Standard in domain name sales is that old catch phrase: “Honesty is the best policy.” Rosener said, “Negotiations are about meeting goals and helping both sides achieve their goals. Trying to outmaneuver, out smart or over power the other party is most often counter productive to closing a deal.”

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back