IT.COM

status-monitor Anarchy in "Domain Names Wanted" forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I don't know if you checked the "domain names wanted" forum lately. New members are spamming all threads with their s...ty domains and this section has become unusable. Please, make something about it. I guess the restriction of sellers to post in the threads was a very good idea.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The following changes have been in place since shortly after we reopened the forum to posts:
  • Threads can't be bumped. Posting useless comments has no effect because threads are sorted by creation date. You can still choose to sort the forum by last post date using the sorting dropdown at the bottom of the thread list.
  • Old threads have been closed. This prevents "necroing", where spammers revive ancient threads. We'll be automatically closing threads in the near future.
Much of the feedback here seems to overlook these changes, which is unfortunate.

•••
This might get lost, but just wondering why the posts in the Requests thread (Names Wanted) don't show up newest to oldest (not in chronological order) ?

•••
This might get lost, but just wondering why the posts in the Requests thread (Names Wanted) don't show up newest to oldest (not in chronological order) ?
Moved your post to this thread for context.

We also added an easy way to sort it newest to oldest using the link: Most Recent Posts underneath the title.

•••
Could you do something about users opening / closing same exact threads every 10 days or so?
Is only way to stop this, to put user on ignore?
I get alerts for that forum and when I check it, I see same users with same request, when I expect to see new request

Looking for LLLL.COM NNNN.COM NNNNN.COM CCC.COM NNNN.NET

or

$1/$2 godaddy domains

•••
Could you do something about users opening / closing same exact threads every 10 days or so?

I believe they were doing that because threads in that forum could not be bumped. I've defaulted the sorting back to "Last Message" so they can be bumped again. That should prevent the need for anyone to create a new thread every 10 days. Instead, they can just bump their original thread.

For those who would like to use the previous sort order, we've added a link titled New Requests at the top of the page. This link will sort the listing by thread creation date without any bumping.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back