IT.COM

advice An inquiry come a day after handreg a name.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Most Bay

Bruneis.comTop Member
Impact
Dear all,
I prefer to make this new thread, instead of to continue other.
To be honest, I was a little influenced by the thread about the keyword "futuristic".
Then, just in case, I tried handreg six names related to that keyword. IMO, "Nothing to lose..."
One of them is "FuturisticFaXX" which I handreg on 28 November 2019. A day after, 29 November 2019, I got an inquiry from someone, sent via [email protected] to my email, asking how much the price of this name.
I reply by writing the price below $1K (because I am still underestimated on this keyword, due to pessimistic in other thread).
He/she did not yet send back his interest or counter offer. (I understand maybe it is in weekend)
I am happy, of course! However, I'm curious whether the inquiry is true or just playing around.
I hope @Rob Monster can verify this inquiry.

Kindly please give advices or suggestons.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will say that I don't believe it is a completely illogical response to what you wrote, as even @Ategy indicated that it could be interpreted more than one way.

re: illogical

I was referring to the way he responded to my follow-up post explaining that I was not claiming to be the one who made the offer.

Me: I didn't claim I made an offer. I was expressing criticism and upset from the perspective of someone who frequents sites like Epik.

Him: So you are the owner of that email address, you use that ip and are running the previously mentioned websites and social media handles?

-------

Regardless of the way anyone interpreted my post, it's quite confusing that continued nosiness/gossip has been prioritized as the primary topic of conversation rather than a very serious breach of trust/privacy. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why it matters who made the inquiry.

•••

I was referring to the way he responded to my follow-up post explaining that I was not claiming to be the one who made the offer.

Me: I didn't claim I made an offer. I was expressing criticism and upset from the perspective of someone who frequents sites like Epik.

Him: So you are the owner of that email address, you use that ip and are running the previously mentioned websites and social media handles?

-------

Regardless of the way anyone interpreted my post, it's quite confusing that continued nosiness/gossip has been prioritized as the primary topic of conversation rather than a very serious breach of trust/privacy. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why it matters who made the inquiry.

OK. Let me bottom line this for all of you - who, for some reason don't get it, and are mystified at what is going on. Your best bet is to ignore scammers/fraudsters like Atmosphere Global - the idiot who started all the paranoia/hysteria that many of you are exhibiting.

Here is what happened...

1) Atmosphere Global buys domains paralleling the top 20 sales of all time - BUT, he buys their "futuristic" counterpart - prefixing all with the word, "futuristic". For example, "FuturisticSex.com", and so on.

2) Same guy then starts a "futuristic" thread - resembling penny stock pump-and-dump schemes.

3) Same guy then proceeds to claim (in that thread) that someone unrelated to him - bought FuturisticIsrael.com. He even claims to have unearthed this completely unrelated registration, within 30 minutes of it being registered. Atmosphere Global actually purchased FuturisticIsrael.com with his Epik account. He does the above, in an attempt, to validate his pump-and-dump scheme. Trying to lure in targets for his scam (the OP of this thread is one of his first victims).

And yes, Atmosphere Global uses the email that Rob Monster unearthed and posted - the email used to send inquiry to OP.

4) Atmosphere Global further tries to create excitement by contacting people who fell victim to his scam, creating excitement on their end - hoping they will purchase more shit domains and keep the fallacy alive - that somehow a domain beginning with "futuristic" has value - WHEN IT HAS ZERO VALUE.

5) He is a good salesman (albeit fraudulent) and hopes some rich fool, will turn back to his originally created (Top 20) "futuristic" domains and pay him a lot of money for one of them. He is ultimately looking for a rich victim/fool.

Atmosphere Global - although watching all threads - has steered clear of this thread - as he was the email inquiry that started all the madness.

In short, place Atmosphere Global on ignore – he is a lying and fraudulent NP member.

Last edited:
•••
it's quite confusing that continued nosiness/gossip has been prioritized as the primary topic of conversation rather than a very serious breach of trust/privacy. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why it matters who made the inquiry.

You're right. Back on subject.

I think @Ja Kai outlined the issue we have with this fake inquiry pretty nice.

As for the quite serious breach of trust and privacy, there are multiple threads addressing it. There's only one addressing this scam so that's probably why the privacy issue gets overlooked.

•••

@bourbon (respectfully) What you're missing is, when he responded to your follow-up, it still wasn't clear (at least to us) as to whether or not you were the person who's email and IP address was shown.

It wasn't until @Ategy's comment immediately afterwards that we realized you were making an observation about the whole situation.

Again, call us dense or whatever, but I for one was mistaken and want to at least try to clarify what I saw happening at that time.

If I were to find out that my email and IP address were shared in this same manner without my consent, I would also be upset--so I get it. I jumped to a conclusion and was wrong. That's about it.

Last edited:
•••
@bourbon (respectfully) What you're missing is, when he responded to your follow-up, it still wasn't clear (at least to us) as to whether or not you were the person who's email and IP address was shown.

It wasn't until @Ategy's comment immediately afterwards that we realized you were making an observation about the whole situation.

Again, call us dense or whatever, but I for one was mistaken and want to at least try to clarify what I saw happening at that time.

If I were to find out that my email and IP address were shared in this same manner without my consent, I would also be upset--so I get it. I jumped to a conclusion and was wrong. That's about it.

Understood. As I wrote to @NameDeck just now, I could have been more open to the idea that it was a genuine misunderstanding and less on the defense in my response. I think having certain things implied in a 'professional' setting makes things feel a bit more raw than they would otherwise, if that makes sense. I see now that no harm was intended, and apologize as well.

•••
Understood. As I wrote to @NameDeck just now, I could have been more open to the idea that it was a genuine misunderstanding and less on the defense in my response. I think having certain things implied in a 'professional' setting makes things feel a bit more raw than they would otherwise, if that makes sense. I see now that no harm was intended, and apologize as well.

Makes sense. Glad we cleared things up, like I wrote you.

We're all human beings. We all make mistakes. Glad we were able to solve a misunderstanding in a civil manner.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back