IT.COM

GoDaddy Premium Listings not showing up in search!

NameSilo
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
For some reason the last several months worth of domains I have bought on godaddy and have premium listing for, are showing as taken when searched for in godaddy instead of showing the price I have listed.

I called and they have escalated it and say they will have to manually go thru all my domains and any that are not showing they will fix it. But don't know why this is happening.

Has this happened to anyone else ever?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes.
I have the same issue.

•••
Yes, some listings are shown - some are not.

I think about 50% of times I have to contact GD are premium-listings related issues, with non-display problem being the most frequent one.

So it is likely either:

- Technical incompetence (unability to adequately maintain the database)

- Somebody (a particular new gtld registry or a particular aftermarket domains supplier) is paying them to NOT to show normal premium listings and for showing their products instead

•••
I have noticed sometimes that when at Godaddy Auctions, and I search for certain keywords which I know are listed at GD Premium Listings, my domain does not appear. It is kind of random and seems to happen when I am doing multiple searches. I never complained but it may be a factor in why GD Premium sales are down. I believe the bigger issue is that nTLDs get a lot more shelf space on the home page (when a keyword is searched). It used to be that a keyword search when generate a lot of premium domain selections with that keyword. They seem to only suggest nTLD alternatives now.

•••
Hit and miss been going on for a while, never followed up, but looks like we are all
Losing out here. Hopefully they can fix it.

It is a good sales outlet.

•••
@Joe Styler, we are all having the same issue with some of our GD Premium Listings. They are not showing up in the search path. These listing are also on afternic for me, so they should show up. But they aren't. Can this be looked at please? Thanks

•••
Keyword-based search results is another story. One would however expect that an _exact_ domain search (with extension) should return the premium listing (or afternic-enabled domain) as available for its premium price. It does not always happen - but there are always other premium alternatives offered. Which makes me think that some large supplier of aftermarket domains - or a particular gtld registry - that does not experience this problem - may be paying GD for this specific setup. Technical incompetence is also possible of course, but less likely

Last edited:
•••
So they have had all day to supposedly go thru all 450+ of my domains and make them show if they were not and they have done nothing from what I can tell. This is a joke. I could be missing sales every day this is going on.

•••
Google's search engine algorithm changes in 2012 reduced the value of exact match domains. The trend in recent years has been toward shorter and shorter domains. There are now hundreds of new extensions which potential buyers can choose from instead of .COM or .Net and avoid paying for aftermarket domains. New TLDs do get a lot of exposure on GD's home page so that reduces the exposure of Premium Listings.

How much does Godaddy make from promoting a new TLD alternative versus a Premium Listing .COM? What is the sales ratio and commission of each?

So my response has been to move toward my own sites with offer page landers on most names.

•••
If I own a .com of Memphis business lawyer and have it on premium listing and somebody searches that phrase in godaddy search then my domain and the price should show front and center 100% of the time.

That is the way its been as long as I have been doing this, so why would that change, other than technical problems.

•••
For some reason the last several months worth of domains I have bought on godaddy and have premium listing for, are showing as taken when searched for in godaddy instead of showing the price I have listed.

I called and they have escalated it and say they will have to manually go thru all my domains and any that are not showing they will fix it. But don't know why this is happening.

Has this happened to anyone else ever?

Do you have an ad blocker on your browser? I noticed that that can interfere with whether or not premium domains display.

•••
Hey guys, do you think Afternic might be the issue? When you list a domain on Afternic and on GD Premium/Auction, there are two reasons why it should show in the search path. Maybe there's a conflict.

I also have a name or two at Afternic that were not listed on GD Premium/Auction. These names were showing up in the GD search path a couple of months ago, but they're not now.

Can you guys see if there is some type of correlation with Afternic and the names not showing up? (Afternic's a mess btw)

•••
Do you have an ad blocker on your browser? I noticed that that can interfere with whether or not premium domains display.
Nope no ad blocker, I just tried a few on my Iphone on godaddy website and still not showing there either, just says taken.

•••
Hey guys, do you think Afternic might be the issue? When you list a domain on Afternic and on GD Premium/Auction, there are two reasons why it should show in the search path. Maybe there's a conflict.

I also have a name or two at Afternic that were not listed on GD Premium/Auction. These names were showing up in the GD search path a couple of months ago, but they're not now.

Can you guys see if there is some type of correlation with Afternic and the names not showing up? (Afternic's a mess btw)

YES! This is it!

If I look at my list of domains in Godaddy and have to scroll to far right where I have it set to show if afternic listing or not. Any domain that has the mark showing afternic listing works, if no mark, it doesn't work!

The thing is that I used to get close to daily emails from godaddy asking me to verify or submit(can't remember) x amount of domains to afternic program and I would always do it. But for weeks now there has been no emails having me do that.

Last edited:
•••
The key is that it has to have the afteric check mark in godaddy account for that domain to work.
There are some domains that I listed my self on afternic and they don't have the check mark on godaddy and they don't show.

Is there a way to list all domains on afternic but from godaddy? then everything should work, but I don't know how to do that manually.

Or maybe its something to do with fast transfer thing. What ever makes it have the check mark in godaddy that is what is needed.

Last edited:
•••
Looking at several this morning and it appears they have fixed mine. Who knows if this will continue to happen, it for sure has something to do with afternic.

•••
Looking at several this morning and it appears they have fixed mine. Who knows if this will continue to happen, it for sure has something to do with afternic.
I don't think anyone there indirectly addressed the issue overnight, must be a bug or glitch that some
action causes it to bypass

•••
Got this back from Godaddy today:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GoDaddy Auctions Support. There was a general issue with Premium Domain listings showing in the main GoDaddy search results. This issue has been fixed and your Premium Domain listing are now showing in the GoDaddy.com search results as for sale. Please let us know if you require any additional assistance"

•••
Yes there was an issue which generated an alert and they fixed it. I am sorry for the delay I was out at Namescon and am trying to catch up on the forum now. We actively monitor those types of issues and I saw an alert come through on my watch when I was at namescon and another saying it was resolved. If anyone notices it again just let me know.

•••
Yes there was an issue which generated an alert and they fixed it. I am sorry for the delay I was out at Namescon and am trying to catch up on the forum now. We actively monitor those types of issues and I saw an alert come through on my watch when I was at namescon and another saying it was resolved. If anyone notices it again just let me know.

This problem is persisting. I just checked some of my premium domains and they are showing up as taken. Please look into this again. Thanks

•••
This is shocking, from the biggest Registrar on the Planet. This should have been resolved in days. Not months. Don't they ever check these updates thoroughly before they put them out? It doesn't appear so :(

•••
Seems both premium listings and Afternic listings are showing up accurately in the search path. It should be noted that something was broken for months.

•••
Godaddy disabled premium listings being showed in godaddy dot com search results once again
(Friday Feb 10th, morning)

•••
Seems premium listings are showing up perfectly. I am now forwarding my domains to Godaddy search

•••
Back