NameSilo

Amazon rocks!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just took a look at my Amazon account. I made 4 sales in the last 2 months. I have been paid for 2 orders so far. I made $8.04 on the 2 that have shipped! Wow adding it to www.topdollaremails.com has really worked!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yesterday I sold a couple of heartstarts off of a newsletter I did as a favor, made $200+ off of the sale of those puppies from an e-mail to a few dozen folks... liking those odds ;)
-Allan

•••
Guys

How do your Amazon sites work? Does Amazon provide code in pretty much the same way as Allposters does, or do I have to acquire an Amazon friendly script? I have a couple of domains, which would be suitable as shopping sites.

Any advice greatfully appreciated. Thanks

LBM

•••
•••
•••
MrRat's script is great, especially with the mod_rewrite hack, but you don't need any scripts at all... You can have links to specific items that can be text or image based completely customizable direct from Amazon.
-Allan

•••
Much appreciated Guys

I''ll check out the options

LBM

Last edited:
•••
Don't need a script at all, just targetted niche ads.... made a killing in December on a specific toy..... amazon is great because it's a recognised name, and people feel safer buying from them...

•••
Thanks RogueWriter

LBM

Apparently there is an issue with http://www.mrrat.com/aws/ script for UK users, so I'll hold back on that onefor the moment. Seems they are looking into it as we speak.

Thanks

LBM

•••
you can just use links like allposters.

•••
You can use the modrewrite to auto direct to the approp store based on the user's IP address with a few changes. Also, if you're in the US, the UK exchange works in your favor right now, so my earnings in pounds was even better when BOA converted it to $-$-bills ya'll ;)
-Allan

•••
I think the last time I was looking into joining Amazon they gave store credit insteed of sending out actual commission checks, is this how they work or do they now send checks.

Maybe I just misunderstood something back then, about 2 years ago... I did sign-up but never really pushed their products that much.

•••
Seems to be cash... I have been a member for a long time and I never remember it being store credit...
If it was would still come in handy for birthdays and Christmas...

•••
K thanks, not sure where I got that info from /:

•••
I know allposters allows you to use earnings for buying stuff...

•••
Amazon does give you the option of getting paid by gift certificate (Lower payout threshold) if you want.
They do, however, pay in $ and have for at least 3 years.
-Allan

•••
Just created another account at Amazon.co.uk too as it seems that the American version of Amazon wont pay directly into foreign accounts and will only pay by $ cheques. As I'd like to target markets in different countries, I guess its a case of create a site for specific countries or have multiple versions of the same pages on the same site geared to different currencies?

Or do the available scripts cater for different currencies. I.E could I set up sites under my .co.uk account but still sell to the American market (display in $ but get paid in £'s)

Do these scripts switch between currencies? Any feedback appreciated guys! Thanks

LBM

•••
The different Amazon sites aren't just based on how you're paid... For UK users, you don't get paid commission if they order from Amazon.com (I don't even think they can order most items), they have to order from .uk and you are paid in pounds only for those items ordered from the .uk site. The best bet is to modify the scripts to automatically bring up the .cgi store of the appropriate store based on the user's IP address.
-Allan

•••
Cant go by the IP... I have had members of a site that are in the UK and the IP says NL...

•••
Random mistakes aside, for the most part it is very accurate.
That and you just include an option for the user to override the default store (US users can't order from the UK store anyway).
-Allan

•••
•••
Thanks for the info guys

I am now an affiliate on both sides of the water, so I'll run with this plan for the time being and just have country specific sites. I have some UK and US focused sites whch I'll exploit accordingly

Thanks

LBM

•••
how does amazon.ca work? i bought a php book of them before... but u register and do you sell your OWN items? or do you sell their items and get a certain %?

•••
If its like the US one then you join the affiliate program and add their links to your site and you earn a % of each sale. I am making 4% at the US site...

•••
How are you only making 4% at the US site?
The lowest it goes is 5%... (And up to 7.5% with no premium bonus or other bonus)
Different referral rates for associates outside of the US on the US site?
-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back