IT.COM

Amazon rocks!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just took a look at my Amazon account. I made 4 sales in the last 2 months. I have been paid for 2 orders so far. I made $8.04 on the 2 that have shipped! Wow adding it to www.topdollaremails.com has really worked!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure I look at my stats and it says 4%. I am in the US and use the US site... I am in the Classic Fee Structure. Found this on the site:
How are fees calculated in the Classic Fee Structure?

This is our fixed-referral-rate plan. You earn a 4% referral fee on items offered by Amazon or by third parties in the following categories:
How are fees calculated in the Performance Fee Structure?

The Performance plan allows you to earn higher referral fees as you increase the number of shipped items generated through your links. You earn a referral rate from 5% to 7.5% on items shipped by Amazon or third-party sellers in the following categories

Now why did I pick and stay with the classic? I have no idea!#@!$@#!

•••
Yeah, because when some folks signed up they were guaranteed to have the classic structure, they have to keep it around.
HOWEVER, the tier structure always pays higher, not like back in the day when the first tier was -.5% bonus.
-Allan

•••
Must be why I didnt pick it since I wasnt making sales at all back then.

Hey got a question for you..
I have like 20+ domains parked at a parking place. I have recieved like $1.58 since January. Two of the domains are PR7, so I have been thinking about dropping the parking stuff and making all the sites use the Amazon script I use on my one site thats made $8.45 this month and last month it made $30+.

Think I should go for it?

•••
If the sites match a demographic that is looking to buy as opposed to looking for information (And therefore would be likely to click through a highly targeted ad source).
Still, no harm in trying for a month and seeing what happens ;)
-Allan

•••
I took an undeveloped domain name (I was planing on dropshipping video games), and converted it into a game-based amazon site, using the freekrai.net script. I converted it over in late November, and by the end of 2004, I had made just over $40. This quarter i'm already close to $70, and have started 3 more sites based on that script.

I would say, take the domain off parking, and put the amazon script to work. Link to it from your other sites, and let the search engines crawl it. B-)

•••
To avoid sandboxing or being similar/same to other script sites, customize any 'zon script yourself if you can.
That'll get you crawled and hopefully better SE results than parked pages.
-Allan

•••
Search the obvious "script" sites- there are hundrededs of paid scripts that if used correctly can bring suprising results

:p

•••
just uploaded a script having followed instructions to the letter, but site isn't working. I have yet to edit templates etc, but entered associate number, registration info and CMOD'D theconfig file permissions.

Any ideas guys please?

•••
LittleBigMan said:
just uploaded a script having followed instructions to the letter, but site isn't working. I have yet to edit templates etc, but entered associate number, registration info and CMOD'D theconfig file permissions.

Any ideas guys please?

If you can provide more information on "site isn't working", we might be able to help.

You may also want to check with the script developer to see if is a simple problem he knows how to fix.

•••
•••
Hi Allan/rb

http://www.storeorder.com I've changed the .htaccess file to Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /script/ as that is where the script is located but that doesn't work either

Initially the .htaccess file just had the line RewriteEngine on before I replced it according to instructions.Before I replaced it it showed the front page ok with Amazonimage, and would navigate ok,but not show any items. After replacing the line with the three line version, image wouldn't display, and still wouldn't show products.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
Ahh in your config file check the URL lines and stuff. On mine it added a space after the URL and before the "

•••
OK Zurax, I'll check that, thanks

BINGO :)

Thanks everyone. It does seem to have been the spaces created. I reverted back to the single line in .htaccess too and it appears to be working OK

Thanks again

•••
How come you have one line of code? I have...

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^index.html$ index.php

RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)-search-(.*)-(.*)-(.*).html index.php?Operation=ItemSearch&SearchIndex=$1&$2=$3&Sort=$4&ItemPage=$5 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)-search-(.*)-(.*).html index.php?Operation=ItemSearch&SearchIndex=$1&$2=$3&Sort=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)-search-(.*).html index.php?Operation=ItemSearch&SearchIndex=$1&$2=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/browse-(.*)-(.*)-(.*).html index.php?Operation=ItemSearch&SearchIndex=$1&BrowseNode=$2&Sort=$3&ItemPage=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/browse-(.*)-(.*).html index.php?Operation=ItemSearch&SearchIndex=$1&BrowseNode=$2&Sort=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/browse-(.*).html index.php?Operation=ItemSearch&SearchIndex=$1&BrowseNode=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*).html index.php?Operation=ItemLookup&ItemId=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*).html?$ index.php?SearchIndex=$1 [QSA,L]

•••
Next to add: Adsense to the template so every page has adsense also ;) True, might lose an affiliate sale or two, but if they're clicking on adsense ads, they're shopping around anyway.
-Allan

•••
Zurax

I didn't mean 1 line literally. I was referring to the uppermost command line/s. Only that section they recommend changing if having issues.

LBM

Where do you add the adsense code Allan please?

•••
Just need to edit the template and insert your adsense code wherever you want it!
(Your adsense code directly from google.com/adsense)
-Allan

•••
LittleBigMan said:
Zurax

I didn't mean 1 line literally. I was referring to the uppermost command line/s. Only that section they recommend changing if having issues.

LBM

Where do you add the adsense code Allan please?

ahhh :)

•••
Yes thanks, I know how to use adsense Allan, but was unsure which template has the global effect on the site?

Muchas gracias

LBM

Last edited:
•••
can you get credit for amazon? or do you just get money?

•••
You can choose gift certificate, direct deposit or check...

•••
Hi Guys

Can someone please confirm which template to edit to have a global effect on the Amazon affiliate script? (i.e http://www.shoppingrealm.com) as I was looking to position some adsense in the right hand margin, but not sure which template to use.

Also, if we use the script on multiple sites, does this adversely affect the ranking of anyone of our sites, as it may be viewed unfavourably by Google. I know its a script and there are many instances of it out there, but it did make me wonder

Any feedback greatfully appreciated

Cheers

LBM

Last edited:
•••
If you want to add Adsense to the right side, you'll need to edit the footer template.

/script/templates/footer.tpl

If you want to add it to the header, such as above or below your logo/slogan, you need to edit the header template.

/script/templates/header.tpl

Those are basically the 2 files you'll need to change in order to complete the look of your site.

•••
Much appreciated geesh!

Thanks

LBM

•••
Hi

Is the Amazon affliiate program any good for the .IN and .Co.In market? I've check amazon.in and .co.in but as yet they are not populated.

I've a few India domains and would like to try and make some cash on them.

Thanks for your help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back