NameSilo

.tv Amazon is buying twitch.tv for 1 billion$

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You realize that they're buying an established business and the domain itself is nowhere near that figure, right?

•••
•••
Hmmm - does anyone know how to reach Jeff Bezos? Somebody should tell him that .tv isn't meant for video but is instead limited to use for sites devoted to the tiny island nation of Tuvalu.

•••
That is great news! Thanks for sharing.

•••
Hmmm - does anyone know how to reach Jeff Bezos? Somebody should tell him that .tv isn't meant for video but is instead limited to use for sites devoted to the tiny island nation of Tuvalu.

I assume there is a hint of sarcasm in there, hard to tell without a smiley face ;);)

•••
You realize that they're buying an established business and the domain itself is nowhere near that figure, right?
I think everyone knows this. Because there is no domain worthed 1 Billion.
But is a great news to have such a valuable asset built on a dot tv.

•••
Number one story in the IT world - .tv extension mentioned in thousands of services.

•••
people and their problems:

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/4Z5v-h837iI :)

December 2012:
"Since the rise of twitch.tv my site seems to be consistently becoming less findable via search. Am I being penalized for the large number of mistaken inbound links to twitch.com from gamers who meant "twitch.tv""

•••

I'll get on it right away, with one change from your suggestion. I'll let him know it's NOT a limited-use ccTLD, which you've mistakenly stated above, and that he can use it for anything he chooses. But I will reiterate, as you have here, that .tv actually was designated, by ICANN for the island nation of Tuvalu, not "television."

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back