IT.COM

Amazon affiliate sales sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JayT

Restricted (85-100%)
Impact
I WON recording.equipment for being signed up to a newsletter (thanks @Zandibot) After some time thinking about what to do with the domain I figured on trying something I have never done before: Amazon affiliate sales site!

I am not a professional when it comes to web dev. I understand the importance of SEO and rankings. I imagine I will have to write some unique content and other thing that google likes. I will be using WordPress and a SEO plugin to guide me.

I am looking for tips from people who have had success with affiliate sales sites. Or just hear some positive (or negative) experiences in general.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well... The only affiliate site I ever made and had limited success with was with CJ which was abouy hosting and domains.. They can actually work well but you will need to put into them a good amount of time and money in order to make it pick up. Good luck:)

•••
Lots of original content. Rewrite unique descriptions. Don't try to list every item on Amazon. Quick and easy transition over to Amazon and hope they build a monster order. High dollar items are great, but lots of small stuff can increase your percentages so you get paid big on the larger items.

•••
What inforg said. Don't just grab a feed of Amazon products or some automated script that spews out a feed by category - pick and choose , write your own descriptions. Be a resource. Help your visitors make a purchase decision. Big plus if you are familiar with the products.

If you decide to go the script route, at least write some supporting content.

Add value. That's the difference between affiliates who make decent money and the hacks who complain it doesn't work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back