Dynadot

.mobi Alternate theory for premium .mobi lll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have an alternate theory about what should be "premium" letters for .mobi. It certainly goes against the conventional premium lll school of though, but some may find it useful.

The theory assumes that most individuals visiting .mobi extensions will be using their cell phones. If that is true, then the theory hypothesizes that letters which would require pushing the numeric keys less would be the most desirable. For example on the numeric 2 key, if you press it once, you get A, press it twice, you get B, press it three times, you get C. Therefore, under my theory "A" would be the most desirable (and therefore "premium"), "B" slightly less and "C" the least desirable. If you play this out through the whole keypad, the most desirable letters (requiring only one push of a key) are A, D, G, J, M, P, T, and W. The next tier (requiring pushing a key twice) would include B, E, H, K, N, Q, U and X. Finally the least desirable letters (requiring three or more pushes of a key) are C, F, I, L, O, R, S, V, Y and Z. Admittedly this theory goes out the window if people are using pda's or if the keypads on their cell phones are configured differently from mine, but I figured in any case, it was interesting.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rookie7 said:
I have an alternate theory about what should be "premium" letters for .mobi. It certainly goes against the conventional premium lll school of though, but some may find it useful.

The theory assumes that most individuals visiting .mobi extensions will be using their cell phones. If that is true, then the theory hypothesizes that letters which would require pushing the numeric keys less would be the most desirable. For example on the numeric 2 key, if you press it once, you get A, press it twice, you get B, press it three times, you get C. Therefore, under my theory "A" would be the most desirable (and therefore "premium"), "B" slightly less and "C" the least desirable. If you play this out through the whole keypad, the most desirable letters (requiring only one push of a key) are A, D, G, J, M, P, T, and W. The next tier (requiring pushing a key twice) would include B, E, H, K, N, Q, U and X. Finally the least desirable letters (requiring three or more pushes of a key) are C, F, I, L, O, R, S, V, Y and Z. Admittedly this theory goes out the window if people are using pda's or if the keypads on their cell phones are configured differently from mine, but I figured in any case, it was interesting.

Not a theory, this is absolute fact!

•••
ezinaz said:
Not a theory, this is absolute fact!

Not a fact, this is just one of the choices!

•••
•••
Except for the C part. C always has it's place in the end due to corporation.

•••
•••
BloGamble said:

Interesting. On that site, it shows an alternative way to input pukupi.com is to use the IP address (all numbers). It only shows one keypress per number. Is there a way to shut off the letters and default to numbers when entering the URL?

This is probably a dumb question.

So, if I want to put in 234.mobi, I don't have to do 2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-4-4-4-4, I only have to do 234???

Anyone?

•••
Try pressing # on your phone to get to number mode. It depends what brand you have but that's how it is on my Motorola.

•••
or just use a Treo with a full keyboard...

•••
Dan said:
Try pressing # on your phone to get to number mode. It depends what brand you have but that's how it is on my Motorola.

That works on my Nokia as well. Thanks for the tip!

•••
Alert!

Well... it looks like every LLL.mobi that is comprised of only "premium mobile" letters (adgjmptw) is taken now.

Wow, that was fast.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back