IT.COM

awaiting-user-reply Allow edit of initial post / title in Domain List Forums

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
Much like it is allowed for sales threads, I think it would be EXTREMELY useful for listers to be able to edit the title and more specifically the content of the first thread.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...-auction-and-closeout-domains.1006428/page-19

I've been making and sharing my lists for over a year now .. slowly growing an ever increasing following. however over that year the content I share has changed and evolved considerable. From a just few closeout domains in a single list .. to multiple lists with live links along helpful data .. so the first post in my thread now mentions a completely irrelevant and inaccurate description of what my lists have evolved to .. would be great if list creators could edit it to give the most current and precise information possible as time goes on.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Much like it is allowed for sales threads, I think it would be EXTREMELY useful for listers to be able to edit the title and more specifically the content of the first thread.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...-auction-and-closeout-domains.1006428/page-19

I've been making and sharing my lists for over a year now .. slowly growing an ever increasing following. however over that year the content I share has changed and evolved considerable. For a few domains in a single list .. to multiple live link lists with helpful data .. but the first post in my thread now mentions a completely irrelevant and inaccurate description of what my lists have evolved to .. would be great if list creators could edit it to give the most current and precise information possible as time goes on.
That sounds fair and reasonable. :)

It may be best for us to moderate these changes like we do in the Top Domains section so that the title and description are changed within reason and still match what followers of those threads are expecting. Otherwise, it could lead to a lot of confusion or even deception if the edit privilege was abused in the Domain Lists sections.

For the time being, please create a support ticket with the title and description you'd like to use, and we should be able to update it for you.

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back