IT.COM

Allow dot rent to expire and re-register

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey,

So there is a dot rent that is up for renewal. Since its not hugely popular, what are the odds it will get snapped up at the drop. Since the renewal/transfer price is quite a bit higher than fresh renewal for this obscure gtld, was wondering whether I should just let it expire and register again. Did this by accident with a few others I was on the fence with.

It is not a name that is hugely popular but obviously without mentioning it will be difficult to ascertain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it's not worth renewing at standard price then...

•••
Hey,

So there is a dot rent that is up for renewal. Since its not hugely popular, what are the odds it will get snapped up at the drop. Since the renewal/transfer price is quite a bit higher than fresh renewal for this obscure gtld, was wondering whether I should just let it expire and register again. Did this by accident with a few others I was on the fence with.

It is not a name that is hugely popular but obviously without mentioning it will be difficult to ascertain.
If it is a good name, it will be either caught by domainers, or chances are it can be also then held by the registry for a moment after it drops, re-evaluated and repriced, often with high premium renewal. Many registries are doing this, as they are constantly re-evaluating their names. Hard to imagine that very good name will drop just like that and go unnoticed.

if your name is not very good, then it can drop, and domainers and registries will ignore it - then, you can re-register it again for the original price. The question is then, why you would like to do it in this case...

•••
only thing worth keeping for .rent is:

for.rent

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back