NameSilo

discuss .AL Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
It seems today there has been more auctions for .AL domains than I have seen in my entire time on NamePros. Any particular reason? What are your opinions on the extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And a list of available 2 character domain names, regarding this article
Host.al has coupon *25OFF* for 9.74€/domain

A0.AL
A2.AL
A3.AL
A4.AL
A5.AL
A7.AL
A8.AL
A9.AL
B0.AL
B1.AL
B2.AL
B3.AL
B4.AL
B5.AL
B6.AL
B7.AL
B8.AL
B9.AL
C1.AL
C2.AL
C3.AL
C4.AL
C5.AL
C6.AL
C7.AL
C8.AL
C9.AL
D0.AL
D1.AL
D2.AL
D3.AL
D4.AL
D5.AL
D6.AL
D7.AL
D8.AL
D9.AL
E0.AL
E1.AL
E2.AL
E3.AL
E4.AL
E5.AL
E6.AL
E7.AL
E8.AL
E9.AL
F0.AL
F2.AL
F3.AL
F4.AL
F5.AL
F6.AL
F7.AL
F8.AL
F9.AL
G1.AL
G2.AL
G3.AL
G4.AL
G5.AL
G6.AL
G7.AL
G8.AL
G9.AL
H0.AL
H1.AL
H2.AL
H3.AL
H4.AL
H5.AL
H6.AL
H7.AL
H8.AL
H9.AL
I0.AL
I1.AL
I2.AL
I3.AL
I4.AL
I5.AL
I6.AL
I7.AL
I8.AL
I9.AL
J0.AL
J1.AL
J2.AL
J3.AL
J4.AL
J5.AL
J6.AL
J7.AL
J8.AL
J9.AL
K0.AL
K1.AL
K2.AL
K3.AL
K4.AL
K5.AL
K6.AL
K7.AL
K8.AL
K9.AL
L0.AL
L1.AL
L2.AL
L3.AL
L4.AL
L5.AL
L6.AL
L7.AL
L8.AL
L9.AL
M0.AL
M1.AL
M2.AL
M3.AL
M4.AL
M5.AL
M6.AL
M8.AL
M9.AL
N0.AL
N2.AL
N3.AL
N4.AL
N5.AL
N6.AL
N7.AL
N8.AL
N9.AL
O0.AL
O1.AL
O3.AL
O4.AL
O5.AL
O6.AL
O7.AL
O8.AL
O9.AL
P0.AL
P1.AL
P2.AL
P3.AL
P4.AL
P5.AL
P6.AL
P7.AL
P8.AL
P9.AL
Q0.AL
Q1.AL
Q2.AL
Q3.AL
Q4.AL
Q5.AL
Q6.AL
Q7.AL
Q8.AL
Q9.AL
R0.AL
R1.AL
R2.AL
R3.AL
R4.AL
R5.AL
R6.AL
R7.AL
R8.AL
R9.AL
S0.AL
S1.AL
S2.AL
S3.AL
S4.AL
S5.AL
S6.AL
S7.AL
S8.AL
S9.AL
T0.AL
T1.AL
T2.AL
T3.AL
T4.AL
T5.AL
T6.AL
T7.AL
T8.AL
T9.AL
U0.AL
U1.AL
U2.AL
U3.AL
U4.AL
U5.AL
U6.AL
U7.AL
U8.AL
U9.AL
V0.AL
V1.AL
V2.AL
V3.AL
V4.AL
V5.AL
V6.AL
V7.AL
V8.AL
V9.AL
W0.AL
W1.AL
W2.AL
W3.AL
W4.AL
W5.AL
W6.AL
W7.AL
W8.AL
W9.AL
X0.AL
X3.AL
X4.AL
X5.AL
X7.AL
X8.AL
X9.AL
Y0.AL
Y1.AL
Y2.AL
Y3.AL
Y4.AL
Y5.AL
Y6.AL
Y7.AL
Y8.AL
Y9.AL
Z0.AL
Z1.AL
Z2.AL
Z3.AL
Z4.AL
Z5.AL
Z6.AL
Z7.AL
Z8.AL
Z9.AL

•••
.al is good also because of the many domain hacks.
Last sale I remember was digit.al sold for 5K€ some months back.
But how often sales like these are recorded ? Many other ccTLDs can be used for domain hacks.

•••
But how often sales like these are recorded ? Many other ccTLDs can be used for domain hacks.

so rarely that it's almost not worth mentioning.

the only worth while thing is short domains... L or LL
for rarity and practicality of it
the rest is money wasted.
imo

Last edited:
•••
FYI, with the coupons available at the registrar .. it very helpful to .al extension lower down the cost more. What do you think for NNN.al ?

•••
i thnk it's 12-13eur
so around $15USD per domain
thats a lot of money for a reg.
it's 2 .coms at godadday
the coupons are onyl 20% or 25% so not much discount..

so I'll be passing on anything other than LL or NN on the occasional sale here at namepros.

.al is a terrible extension with no future imo. the only thing that makes it worth while is rarity of short prefix like NN or LL

I am not investing any money into AL otherwise.

that's just my opinion.

•••
i thnk it's 12-13eur
so around $15USD per domain
thats a lot of money for a reg.
it's 2 .coms at godadday
the coupons are onyl 20% or 25% so not much discount..

so I'll be passing on anything other than LL or NN on the occasional sale here at namepros.

.al is a terrible extension with no future imo. the only thing that makes it worth while is rarity of short prefix like NN or LL

that's just my opinion.
I agree :)

•••
.alcy would be a terrible extension. :)

this is not a first time you make an out of place irrelevantcomment to me.. is there somethign personal you want to discuss with me like a problem or shoudl I get the moderator involved with you?

•••
At some registrar you can become their reseller level, without coupon the fee for reg/renew only at 9.99 euro and including coupon is down to 5.99 euro :) It's something need to think about ..

Isn't that .gg / .gy also bad looking to us too? but to Chinese or Investor oversea .. it's a gem to them for NNN ?

Last edited:
•••
this is not a first time you make an out of place irrelevantcomment to me.. is there somethign personal you want to discuss with me like a problem or shoudl I get the moderator involved with you?
I was joking alcy. I didn't ever mean to say anything other than playful joking.

•••
I was joking alcy. I didn't ever mean to say anything other than playful joking.

in that case I invite you to become familiar with the concept of good taste and bad taste jokes. please keep that in mind when you write to me in future. Id really appreciate it.

•••
in that case I invite you to become familiar with the concept of good taste and bad taste jokes. please keep that in mind when you write to me in future. Id really appreciate it.
For sure. You seem very nice and knowledgeable too!

•••
Why are you saying .AL is a terrible ccTLD? It is an European country not some unknown island with hundreds of people.

•••
Why are you saying .AL is a terrible ccTLD? It is an European country not some unknown island with hundreds of people.
Yes, I totally agree.

•••
Guys, keep in mind that you can register .al for around 5.99 euro as I mentioned above which is totally worth it and this is not a junk extension which I agree with @-EM- said.

If you can register .io , .ch, .cz, .cx, .gg, .gy for about $25 - $35 each. Why not .al? even their regular price only 14.99 euro which is about $14-$15 usd without coupon or reseller discount.

•••

that's just my opinion.

Albania is European country and has a huge potential to grow in future, Lot of businesses will start and grow in Albania considering recent friendly government policies for businesses there. So ultimately .al has a huge potential. Every business needs a domain name for there presence :)

•••

well that's just how I See it. cctld are not great inverstment venues.

this is nothing more than my opinion. that aside from short stuff LL NN to me this is a very dead end that I'd not spend a penny on.

•••
Albania is European country and has a huge potential to grow in future, Lot of businesses will start and grow in Albania considering recent friendly government policies for businesses there. So ultimately .al has a huge potential. Every business needs a domain name for there presence :)

I respect your opinion, even tough I see absolutely no potential in any such extensions aside from LL NN domains.

they are an ivnestment chance or risk I will nto be personally taking, but I wish nothing but high sales to anyone who does opposite of me.

•••
@alcy , I understand your standing point which I am totally agree. LL / NN always value to people and if that extension ccTLD isnt a dead island or a place that no one know. Then it should add the value more into it. Trust me, when some of people found out about .CH, over hundreds of NNN still available and then all gone shortly. With that said, that extension cost more than .AL and people still jump into it.

•••
I respect your opinion, even tough I see absolutely no potential in any such extensions aside from LL NN domains.

they are an ivnestment chance or risk I will nto be personally taking, but I wish nothing but high sales to anyone who does opposite of me.

I have written my opinion just because I did research on it and also I have invested in few LLLL.al names for future.

•••
I have written my opinion just because I did research on it and also I have invested in few LLLL.al names for future.

I understand and respect yoru research. howver, I am of the point of view that the future cannot be researched. therefore it is speculation. and I speculate not to invest in cctld. this is not specifically about .al. .al just happens to be one of the many others.

i hope your invetrmnet turns out well.

•••
.al started very good actually.
Xona domain hacks lists more than 14000 domain hacks under the zone only for english, but I came to learn that the ending is used for domain hacks in Turkish and probably some other Indian/Pakistani language. So only domain hacks have a potential.
There is the usual seo effect, where search engines penalize cctlds, but this is something that might change if the zone gets more traction, just as it has changed for tlds such as .ad or .io.

•••
@alcy , I understand your standing point which I am totally agree. LL / NN always value to people and if that extension ccTLD isnt a dead island or a place that no one know. Then it should add the value more into it. Trust me, when some of people found out about .CH, over hundreds of NNN still available and then all gone shortly. With that said, that extension cost more than .AL and people still jump into it.

I understand you also. however, to me it is not about how many people do buyouts of this or that domain or extension. there can be many reasons for buyouts. not all of them good ones.

this is only my opinion. but people jumping on things and doing buyouts is not something I participte in.

•••
all NN.al are good. I recently sold 77.mk and 88.mk and after the transaction was completed, the chinese buyer hand registered all left NN.mk. So chinese love NNs

•••
.al domains are no different than other domains. They will be more and more valuable as time goes on. Any opportunity I get to register LL or NN ccTLD domains, I will take.

•••
I believe short, memorable or patterned domains will increase in value regardless of extension. I do, however, prefer ccTLD much more than gTLD. That's why I like .al

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back