Dynadot

discuss .AL Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
It seems today there has been more auctions for .AL domains than I have seen in my entire time on NamePros. Any particular reason? What are your opinions on the extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
host.al is the first registrar of .al domains.
Both of them use whmcs so they should be the same based on the interface

I wish they can allow use to do update registrant / ownership contact and auto push without bother them.

•••
They should, you are right. Probably in the nearest future.

•••
Are they chinese buyer?
Looking at the name yes... looks like China.
He might also buy my 4K
Not sure I'll sell it though - I might be emotionally attached to it :D

•••
sounds like a good news that China loves this extension as well :)

•••
I'm not really 100% sure this sale (or soon to be sale) is relevant for what you're saying.
I think this buyer plans to have physical presence in the region.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have offers like this for all my LL.al from Chinese investors but I doubt this sale is relevant for all domains. I think this buyer is a real end-user.
Saying this I'm probably killing liquid value for my domains that I put on auction here but I prefer to be honest about what I'm saying here rather than influence the liquidity with my posts here.

On the other side it is very possible to have these kind of offers for most LL.al from end-users (Chinese or otherwise) because the beauty of 2 letters is that it can mean an infinity of things. ;)

[Later edit] I'm not selling also 4K to him because the maximum he can offer is $1800 and I think I can get more. Or at least I hope so. :)

Last edited:
•••
To clarify, I'm not referring that all LL.AL domains are worth $xxxx instantly - its only worth how much the buyer is willing to buy - some higher than other although there is some sort of a floor price purely for its shortness & scarcity of 2 letter domains.

I'm trying to refer that Chinese people don't really mind the .al extension in their portfolio, or in their development plan in your case. So this is a good news. More demand = higher price for the domains.

•••
I just got this baby into my portfolio

66.al

What do you think guys?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
No, haven't had any offers for my .al, but they do get steady traffic.
I also have 22.al, 33.al, 44.al, 55.al

•••
I have 3G•AL & 4D•AL.
I'll probably put these up for auction here on NP since I'm to lazy to properly promote them and I have others that I have to concentrate on for now...
Or if anybody wants to offer me something nice (e.g. money or other valuable liquid domains :D) let me know.

•••
When did you get those. I have always checked repeated numbers in the past months but those were always taken.

•••

How the traffics per month for per NN domain you receive? I bet you regged this long time ago?

•••
any sales in past on nn.al?

•••
well
looks loike webhost.al lets you manage contacts on your own
not sure of host.al

•••
When did you get those. I have always checked repeated numbers in the past months but those were always taken.

About 14 months ago.

•••
How the traffics per month for per NN domain you receive? I bet you regged this long time ago?

I have 34 .al that I registered 14 months ago. the five repeating NN, phone.al and 28 LL.al, including bj.al, cp.al etc.

traffic: probably about 10-15 people a day from 34 names.

•••
I have 34 .al that I registered 14 months ago. the five repeating NN, phone.al and 28 LL.al, including bj.al, cp.al etc.

traffic: probably about 10-15 people a day from 34 names.

nice

do you see a lot of offer or sale action on these?

•••
No, haven't promoted the names, haven't had offers, but not in rush.

I like .al. It is suitable for Alabama, US. "AL" means "RED" and "BUY" in turkic languages. "AL" is popular suffix in English and other languages.

And, most importantly, it is cheap, it is well supported.

•••
nice.
tnx for info

are you also of believe that 2L domains in every or most extensions have inherent liquidity and value to them... strictly for rarity reasons. I don't means thousands of dollars for each and all, but at least an automatic "above reg fee" value.

•••
I just recently decided to diverisfy portfolio a bit with these other country codes. strictly to have short domains. if this was minimum 3 chars I Would not bother.

that being said, I'd be interested in findiing out a list of all available extensions with no restrictions.. like .al .. with min char below 3.

anyone knows such list? I think CX.. GY.. would be on it.

so who wants to add:

AL
GY
CX

•••
If some of large registrar can offer .al such as gd, name, namecheap etc... It much better for this ext.

The only thing I dont like host.al is for new user sign up the form .. It kind confuse on it

•••
I just recently decided to diverisfy portfolio a bit with these other country codes. strictly to have short domains. if this was minimum 3 chars I Would not bother.

that being said, I'd be interested in findiing out a list of all available extensions with no restrictions.. like .al .. with min char below 3.

anyone knows such list? I think CX.. GY.. would be on it.

so who wants to add:

AL
GY
CX

No, I don't do any cctld. For example, .GY is not cheap for renewals, as far as I know. The only ones I'd be interested there would be ENER.GY or something, but not LL.GY. Again, depends on renewal as well.

.AL has bunch of upsides that I factored in for my decision 14 months ago (Alabama, registration fees, European tld etc.). But buying LLL.al at this stage would be stretch for me, though )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back